BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Panthers attack and kicking game a bit off this game IMO.

Different team with Cleary back, if he stays on the field. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Important game, we need to get it together. 
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)Super Fan (160 reputation)

I put Butler up on the same pedestal as Gerard Sutton, the pedestal of fcukwit NRL refs. We cop a blatant leg pull on one of our players and he doesn't see it but sees a leg pull which was a thigh lift at best 15 seconds out from halftime right in front of the posts.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Just one of those games.  Can't quite get it done. 

Still a chance. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Yes, we didn't play that well,  but that was a vital win,

Credit to the Warriors who were great, made us look worse than we were.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

The Great White Hope did it again sorry guys you might be offended, but that's what I'm gonna call him from now on
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hacker
Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)Hacker (305 reputation)

hounddog - 6 Jul 2024 5:11 PM

The ref definitely kept Warriors in the game they were offside constantly.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Fekk yeah!!!..
Another great win with us blowing so many opportunities throughout the game...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Vallo440 - 6 Jul 2024 3:56 PM
I put Butler up on the same pedestal as Gerard Sutton, the pedestal of fcukwit NRL refs. We cop a blatant leg pull on one of our players and he doesn't see it but sees a leg pull which was a thigh lift at best 15 seconds out from halftime right in front of the posts.

And the rest... 
But as we've all said for a long time, good teams find a way to beat 18 players... So I guess we a good team...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

We bombed 3 or 4... We made us look worse than what what we are... 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

On Hutcho we have the Crutch... In Burto we have the Clutch...
The Fish keeps making dumb mistakes... Presto back after the bye for mine...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 6 Jul 2024 5:22 PM

We bombed 3 or 4... We made us look worse than what what we are... 

I am happy with the result, no so happy about how we played. 

Salmon might have a broken jaw?

Anyone know why Hopoi didn't get any minutes?

We need to look at adding a bit more size.

Reserve grade had a big win.

Presto back will help.

We made a lot of errors, at both ends of the field. 

I think that the ref and the bounce of the ball mostly went their way. 

You can get games like that.  Especially when the opposition is super determined. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Only watched the last 25 or so minutes and it looked like we were continually shooting ourselves in the foot and not icing the game when it should have.

Had to laugh when Vossy suggested Burton only needs 1 shot at field goal with about 12mins ro go. He's always needed at least 2 shots just to get his bearings, and this was no different.

Just as well Harris Tevita missed his chances and Burton finally took his.

Its 2 valuable points on the ladder but we really made a meal of that one.....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 6 Jul 2024 6:01 PM
Only watched the last 25 or so minutes and it looked like we were continually shooting ourselves in the foot and not icing the game when it should have.

Had to laugh when Vossy suggested Burton only needs 1 shot at field goal with about 12mins ro go. He's always needed at least 2 shots just to get his bearings, and this was no different.

In the presser Cirro said that we are going to work on our attack during the bye.

The game panned out more or less as I expected.  Except the Warriors defended a lot better, they got a few injuries and we fumbled a couple of try scoring opportunities. 

The win over Parra was the high point of our season, but Parra defence is the worst in the comp.

I probably overestimated how good our attack was against Parra, most of that was their poor defence. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Burton's nailed more clutch moments in his short career already than your mate Mutch Misses ever likely will... 2 weeks in a row .. you could just say well done... 

Dont congratulate the guys who put massive pressure won their kicker either...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am disappointed that the Tigers are losing.

I love seeing Mitch and the Squeals in last place.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 6 Jul 2024 7:16 PM
I am disappointed that the Tigers are losing.

I love seeing Mitch and the Squeals in last place.

Give em a week... Tigpies look much closer to winning a a game than the scum...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 6 Jul 2024 6:36 PM

In the presser Cirro said that we are going to work on our attack during the bye.

The game panned out more or less as I expected.  Except the Warriors defended a lot better, they got a few injuries and we fumbled a couple of try scoring opportunities. 

The win over Parra was the high point of our season, but Parra defence is the worst in the comp.

I probably overestimated how good our attack was against Parra, most of that was their poor defence. 

It's great we can play as poorly as we did and still get the W...
We bombed a heap tonight... But not cause we can't attack good and stuff... Individual errors... By plenty of individuals....
If Curran's two 'coneback' games post a bad one are any indicator, cowboys and Broncos are in for a hiding...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

The no dummy half moment!!!...  
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

How was the noise from the crowd when Burto put up his first 'Earth Turner' tonight... (Patent pending, name a work in progress).... And as expected it hit the ground and eventuated in an unlucky no try...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 6 Jul 2024 8:09 PM
How was the noise from the crowd when Burto put up his first 'Earth Turner' tonight... (Patent pending, name a work in progress).... And as expected it hit the ground and eventuated in an unlucky no try...

We just need to get everyone on side. But the call was dubious,  Mann was 10 metres behind where the ball bounced. 

Warriors fans are complaining about a few calls.

I think that the ref was trying not to blow the whistle, then occasionally forgot.

Sometimes we couldn't buy a penalty or 6 again. Overall the ref probably helped the defence more than the attack. 

Good effort from the crowd.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Sutton and Todd injured in reserve grade, our options to add some size just reduced 
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

hounddog - 6 Jul 2024 9:51 PM
Sutton and Todd injured in reserve grade, our options to add some size just reduced 

I only go on afternoon games and yesterday was one such game. Arrived just as Ryan Sutton was limping off with what looks like another bad injury. Taafe also didn't finish the game,
 Not the greatest game to see but great to know that if we are in striking range in the second half we can win. I was giving a call to Gerrard Sutton to say all had been forgiven. Remember this clown Butler was the bloke who earlier in the year took away a legitimate try against the Sharks as he ruled HE had interfered with a defender. The decision to rule Mann offside was wrong. He didn't interfere in the play and so didn't transgress. The fact that the Dogs "scored" enhances how wrong he was. He should have gone to the bunker and said he thought it was no try and then let them decide. The Warriors players were also given much latitude when tackling the Dogs. 
We nearly lost it due mistakes....the two biggest being Sam Hughes dropping the ball on the first tackle after Xerri scored and Reed Mahoney not looking when at dummy half. Fantastic efforts in defence. Xerri in particular stopped a certain try. Sexton didn't have the best game and too often the Dogs were sluggish in attack/. 
I see Doofus is still downplaying the win. It was ugly but boy I will take it.
Edited
2 Months Ago by Steveswr33333
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I was reading on another social media platform and the wahs fans are crying they were "robbed" again. It's so sad that some supporters don't understand the dynamics of the game and only see what they want to see. A bit like some referees really.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Steveswr33333 - 7 Jul 2024 9:46 AM
hounddog - 6 Jul 2024 9:51 PM

I only go on afternoon games and yesterday was one such game. Arrived just as Ryan Sutton was limping off with what looks like another bad injury. Taafe also didn't finish the game,
 Not the greatest game to see but great to know that if we are in striking range in the second half we can win. I was giving a call to Gerrard Sutton to say all had been forgiven. Remember this clown Butler was the bloke who earlier in the year took away a legitimate try against the Sharks as he ruled HE had interfered with a defender. The decision to rule Mann offside was wrong. He didn't interfere in the play and so didn't transgress. The fact that the Dogs "scored" enhances how wrong he was. He should have gone to the bunker and said he thought it was no try and then let them decide. The Warriors players were also given much latitude when tackling the Dogs. 
We nearly lost it due mistakes....the two biggest being Sam Hughes dropping the ball on the first tackle after Xerri scored and Reed Mahoney not looking when at dummy half. Fantastic efforts in defence. Xerri in particular stopped a certain try. Sexton didn't have the best game and too often the Dogs were sluggish in attack/. 
I see Doofus is still downplaying the win. It was ugly but boy I will take it.

Todd broken arm might be the same arm.

PCL or something like that for Sutton injured in his first game of the season.

Todd at least played one or two comeback games before getting another injury. Breaking the same arm isn't uncommon Mal Meminga did it multiple times. 

I am ruling a line through those 2 for this season. 

I still think that the side needs one more big body or Hopoi needs more minutes.  Hard for a rookie to step up, I think Patolo might be our best option if he can stay on the paddock, 

Curran best player for us, 2 good charge-downs, unlikely to not get the ball back, especially the second one. 2 good offloads which should have been caught. Lots of other great work in attack and defence. 

Kiks next best, Burton, King and Tracey also good.

When Wilson was tackled on the wing throwing the ball back inside was the right option,  all game our players were slow to anticipate opportunities in attack. 

We need to tidy up ball security and players need to be ready for an offload or forced pass.

Warriors wingers jambed in on Burton a few times which meant that we had a 2 man overlap. Seemed like the Warriors watched a lot of tape on how we play. 

A week working on the attack is just what we need,  going wide we sometimes need to stand a bit deeper.

I agree Mann being called offside was strange,  he was 10 metres behind where the ball bounced. If that is the rule it is a strange rule.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Are you off your face?

Two field goals in two weeks for four competition points against two top four teams from last year. One currently in the top four, the other with a win would’ve moved top eight one point behind us….

GIMME THAT!

And you stay off the crack.

Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

And please, none of this “Oh yeah but against the top teams” blah blah blah craaaaaaaap.

Because against anyone here’s expectations, especially yours, we would’ve lost both those games and more and currently be sitting somewhere between 12th-16th instead of f***in’ 5th.

A year easily, maybe two, maybe more, ahead of plan.

GIMME THAT TOO!
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Two things went toward winning that game yesterday. Committment - their defence again was top four effort, and Skill - Burton's boot.  The main ingredient to bind both though was Belief - in themselves, their team mates and the system. The Dogs are far from polished but they are heading in the right direction and as zef noted, well ahead of expectations.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 7 Jul 2024 11:05 AM
Two things went toward winning that game yesterday. Committment - their defence again was top four effort, and Skill - Burton's boot.  The main ingredient to bind both though was Belief - in themselves, their team mates and the system. The Dogs are far from polished but they are heading in the right direction and as zef noted, well ahead of expectations.

We shouldn't discount how well the Warriors played, and we have identified things we need to work on.

Injuries are still going to be a factor for all teams in the last 8 weeks. 

Sutton and Todd definitely a blow as I would have had one of those guys in my top 17, and they provide valuable cover for King and Curran. 

Hutch probably 2-3 weeks after the bye, Salmon 4-5, I don't have either of those guys in my top 17, but Salmon goes close, and probably is in Cirro's top 17.

Even with the injuries, we still have pretty good depth, but losing 3 players in one week does show how it can go.

Aside from the risk of injuries which we can't do much about, we need to find another gear in attack which we can do plenty about. IMO 80% of the attack is there and it is good, the other 20% is the difference between making the semis and winning a game or 2 and just being a year or 2 ahead of schedule with good results and a likely semi finish. 

I agree with Zef the season is already a big success, but we need to strive for an even bigger prize and give it our best shot.

When we go wide off our structures we can strip most teams and we have the speed to capitalise. I think that we need to add a  bit more variety,  in particular Hayward occasionally switching play, playing back through the middle after looking like we were going wide. That is probably 5%. A bit more hard running up the middle 5%. Early ball to the centres 5%. Better end of set kicks 5%. And improve ball security. 

Our coaches can work on this stuff and probably have even better ideas. Most of it can be coached.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 7 Jul 2024 10:53 AM
And please, none of this “Oh yeah but against the top teams” blah blah blah craaaaaaaap.

Because against anyone here’s expectations, especially yours, we would’ve lost both those games and more and currently be sitting somewhere between 12th-16th instead of f***in’ 5th.

A year easily, maybe two, maybe more, ahead of plan.

GIMME THAT TOO!

17 roiunds in... We are just lucky to be one win out of third.... lucky not to be on zero wins...
Pushed the top 2 Teams to the end of each game and couldve won both but for an unforced error or two...
It is a stunning turn around!!!...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search