BDP

Author
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
All our sponsorships are sold, all kit, all players, and there’s a waiting list.

Told you it wouldn’t take long. We’ll be the most expensive brand in the League with one Top 4 finish. And then we’ll stay there.
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

dman2018 - 6 Mar 2021 8:28 PM
Marki - 6 Mar 2021 7:33 PM

I didn’t read past the first sentence but, have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in???.,,

Solves 99.9% of computer problems known to man.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Marki - 6 Mar 2021 10:24 PM
Zef - 6 Mar 2021 9:26 PM

Yes exactly.
I was wondering if you, BN or anyone else had any experience with this new 5G home internet...

You do know Dman runs a ‘Geeks To You’ franchise?

Surely he’ll hook you up with mates rates....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Villi - 7 Mar 2021 9:25 AM
Marki - 6 Mar 2021 10:24 PM

You do know Dman runs a ‘Geeks To You’ franchise?

Surely he’ll hook you up with mates rates....

Pimpin’ ain’t easy...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dman2018 - 7 Mar 2021 10:42 AM
Villi - 7 Mar 2021 9:25 AM

Pimpin’ ain’t easy...

Geeks to you.

Not Greeks to you, that is a joint venture.

Not joints to you, that is our other venture.

Dman is the Elon Musk of Australian petty crime.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Steveswr33333 - 7 Mar 2021 9:14 AM
dman2018 - 6 Mar 2021 8:28 PM

Solves 99.9% of computer problems known to man.

I thought Ctrl+Alt+Delete was.....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 7 Mar 2021 2:30 PM
Steveswr33333 - 7 Mar 2021 9:14 AM

I thought Ctrl+Alt+Delete was.....

Villi surely that’s  a rappers name right???...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Theres there’s a Ieremia Nanai in the cows squad.... wonder if he is any relation to the great man???...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 7 Mar 2021 4:43 PM
Theres there’s a Ieremia Nanai in the cows squad.... wonder if he is any relation to the great man???...

Apart from players with the initials JT, the Cows have a real knack of signing duds.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

dman2018 - 7 Mar 2021 4:43 PM

Dman do you feel the need to torment us by mentioning Nanai's name?

Just when we began to forget about him altogether and move on....Bang, you bring back all those bad memories.....

You're a cruel man....
Marki
Marki
World Class

BloodyNora - 6 Mar 2021 10:55 PM
I haven't used 5g myself. They don't have it available in this area. I've used the earlier Telstra 3g/4g equiv here before (as a backup when nbn is down for long periods).
That was just a usb dongle the size of a finger. It worked fine but the problem was it was slow, not because of the dongle, but because of the tower in the area it was receiving from being slow, much slower than the dongle was capable of. If the tower was faster I'd be using that instead of the wired nbn modem. 
In your situation, it sounds like the antennas built into the 5g modem would be larger & more powerful & the tower it transmits to would surely be more up to date & faster, so at this point it sounds very promising. Zero setup fee is good, 2 year plan isn't, so it'd be a matter of checking out what the cancellation cost is in case you need to & maybe they'd just want the modem back if that's what you did. Overall, it probably wouldn't be too expensive just to give it a test, at worst a cancellation fee + cost of modem & chances are you'd want to keep it. 

BN, Zef and others......
Just picked up the Optus 5G Home and set it up (in other words plugged it into power socket).

Tried it at a several locations around the house till I got a green light (signal strength).

I ran a comparative speed check and I get 120Mbps on the 5G standing in front of it while connected with my phone and 66Mbps on the NBN also in front of it with my phone. Uploads are similar (about 80-100% better).

I will monitor it over the next few days but it seems to be a better option for me than the NBN so I will likely call and shut it down.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Marki, that's great news. All you'd have to worry about now is testing consistency, making sure nothing in the vicinity starts causing disconnections. That just comes down to how many appliances, industrial equipment, odd-ball power transformers & whatever else there is between you & the tower & it only takes someone to use the one that does it once per week to throw a spanner in the works, but I'm confident you should be fine with it. I had excellent consistency with the previous gen, mind you, I'm in a small town with not much between here & the tower, it's not like there's over 500 brands of microwave ovens, workshop machines & things kicking in along the way. The actual audio frequency the new gen works at is extremely high, much higher than the last gen, so in theory it should be fine. It might keep the roaches out of your house too if you don't stop streaming!  Anyway, see how it goes for a bit & hopefully you'll be able to move on from nbn.

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Marki - 8 Mar 2021 3:54 PM
BloodyNora - 6 Mar 2021 10:55 PM

BN, Zef and others......
Just picked up the Optus 5G Home and set it up (in other words plugged it into power socket).

Tried it at a several locations around the house till I got a green light (signal strength).

I ran a comparative speed check and I get 120Mbps on the 5G standing in front of it while connected with my phone and 66Mbps on the NBN also in front of it with my phone. Uploads are similar (about 80-100% better).

I will monitor it over the next few days but it seems to be a better option for me than the NBN so I will likely call and shut it down.

Just remember 5g is line of sight transmission and whilst it may work perfectly well it is also  susceptible to all kinds of interference.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Just keeping up with a bit of MSM... 

There’s an article about a dead whale that includes this - “The whale didn’t display any obvious signs of injury or death”....

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 8 Mar 2021 8:19 PM
Just keeping up with a bit of MSM... 

There’s an article about a dead whale that includes this - “The whale didn’t display any obvious signs of injury or death”....

He was just resting, and pinning for the Fjords.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Any shock selections in tomorrow’s 17???...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 8 Mar 2021 8:29 PM
Any shock selections in tomorrow’s 17???...

Just thinking that over, possibly Dietz in 14.
Hoppa and DWZ keep their place but need a good game.
Odgen to start is another possible surprise.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

My team:-

1. Alan
2. DWZ 
3 Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Newsreader (Meaney)

6. Avocado / Wake-up.
7. Flano wearing flano
8. Hetherington.
9. JMK 
10.  Terminator Odgen
11. RFM 
12. Elliott.
13. Jacko

14. Wake-up / Dietz
15. Napa.
16. Atoni not that imposter Toomaga.
17. Doorey / Schoupp 

I admit Schoupp would be a real bolter, but apart from Dietz and Atoni he was one of the lesser known players who really impressed.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)

i reckon about 5 games in weather we are in the top 8 or not take the boys out for a days work as brickies labourers give them a reality check.. make them enjoy the game they play too!!
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)Super Fan (156 reputation)

DWZ error rate is too high but have him running through holes on the back of 3-4 don't generate errors early ball and speed battles.. don't give him the option to drop the ball!! DWZ dropped how many under the high ball last year? obviously doesn't have the hands - also pushes passes that aren't on - unforced errors are for reserve grade..

Lewis to play NSW Cup

Britt deserves a bench spot! Britt tried to do too much last year.. was all in his head get him running hard at the line and tackling!!

Jackson has lost some of his go I reckon.. needs to reconfigure his game play in the line more in defence and push forward in attack (without the ball).. too dominate without the skillset needs to play his role in the team rather than as captain..

intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan

MEANEY / ALLAN  would prefer Meaney out the back was coming into his own last year and forming relationships with ball players will start to hit holes and is solid under the high ball happy to see Allan back there and have conceded he will start 
ALLAN / MEANEY see above
HOPATE Would like to see players given pull to their strengths.. Hoppa might have lost his speed but gained strength so with his ball skills I'd like to see him pushing to the line even through the line more and less reliant on trying to beat the man.. create opportunity rather than on the back of it.. it's pivotal we play to players strength rather than augment sets
COTRIC $moneybags
DWZ error rate is too high but have him running through holes on the back of 3-4 don't generate errors early ball and speed battles.. don't give him the option to drop the ball!! DWZ dropped how many under the high ball last year? obviously doesn't have the hands - also pushes passes that aren't on - unforced errors are for reserve grade..

AVERILLO     why not ?
FLANAGAN    needs to learn this is his team now - free to roam push and pull his weight think he has it in him he just needs to find it week in week out 

NAPA form reversal with a tinge of belief 
LEWIS / WAKEHAM / MARSHALL - KING happy to trial these guys through the hooker role Marshall - King needs to lift but quality ball from Lewis or Wakeham could earn them a starting spot
HETHERINGTON keep the rubbish at home!!
JACKSON has lost some of his go I reckon.. needs to reconfigure his game play in the line more in defence and push forward in attack (without the ball).. too dominate without the skillset needs to play his role in the team rather than as captain..
DOOREY 
ELLIOTT needs to play his arse off - personal opinion aside doesn't have the great dynamic to his game and most 2nd rowers locks put on the kilos 2-3yrs in - hes not fast and lacks ball skills in your face defence - needs to learn add another facet to his game - runs hard tackles well needs more if he wants to hold his position imo

BENCH can always push through numbers but i like the idea of this bench there's only a couple other options that will actually dominate through to 1st grade 
SMITH 
BRITT Britt deserves a bench spot! Britt tried to do too much last year.. was all in his head get him running hard at the line and tackling!!
THOMPSON would be nice to see him come on and stay on
STIMSON

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

intrepidarts - 8 Mar 2021 10:54 PM
i reckon about 5 games in weather we are in the top 8 or not take the boys out for a days work as brickies labourers give them a reality check.. make them enjoy the game they play too!!

Pay packet comparison would also help.  The pressure first grade footballers are under is often brought up. I heard an AFL commentator say "working at the Altona Toyota factory, having 3 kids a 25 year mortgage and the factory is closing in 6 months. That's pressure, not playing football"
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 8 Mar 2021 11:17 PM
MEANEY / ALLAN  would prefer Meaney out the back was coming into his own last year and forming relationships with ball players will start to hit holes and is solid under the high ball happy to see Allan back there and have conceded he will start 
ALLAN / MEANEY see above
HOPATE Would like to see players given pull to their strengths.. Hoppa might have lost his speed but gained strength so with his ball skills I'd like to see him pushing to the line even through the line more and less reliant on trying to beat the man.. create opportunity rather than on the back of it.. it's pivotal we play to players strength rather than augment sets
COTRIC $moneybags
DWZ error rate is too high but have him running through holes on the back of 3-4 don't generate errors early ball and speed battles.. don't give him the option to drop the ball!! DWZ dropped how many under the high ball last year? obviously doesn't have the hands - also pushes passes that aren't on - unforced errors are for reserve grade..

AVERILLO     why not ?
FLANAGAN    needs to learn this is his team now - free to roam push and pull his weight think he has it in him he just needs to find it week in week out 

NAPA form reversal with a tinge of belief 
LEWIS / WAKEHAM / MARSHALL - KING happy to trial these guys through the hooker role Marshall - King needs to lift but quality ball from Lewis or Wakeham could earn them a starting spot
HETHERINGTON keep the rubbish at home!!
JACKSON has lost some of his go I reckon.. needs to reconfigure his game play in the line more in defence and push forward in attack (without the ball).. too dominate without the skillset needs to play his role in the team rather than as captain..
DOOREY 
ELLIOTT needs to play his arse off - personal opinion aside doesn't have the great dynamic to his game and most 2nd rowers locks put on the kilos 2-3yrs in - hes not fast and lacks ball skills in your face defence - needs to learn add another facet to his game - runs hard tackles well needs more if he wants to hold his position imo

BENCH can always push through numbers but i like the idea of this bench there's only a couple other options that will actually dominate through to 1st grade 
SMITH 
BRITT Britt deserves a bench spot! Britt tried to do too much last year.. was all in his head get him running hard at the line and tackling!!
THOMPSON would be nice to see him come on and stay on
STIMSON

Thompson is suspened until round 5.

Our pack is smaller than some, but is more competitive than many imagine.
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

hounddog - 9 Mar 2021 7:54 AM
intrepidarts - 8 Mar 2021 11:17 PM

Thompson is suspened until round 5.

Our pack is smaller than some, but is more competitive than many imagine.

Big guys still important but speed and stamina becomingly increasingly so.  The speed and continuity of the game will diminish the value of the big guys who play limited minutes.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Brent Read reporting that the Dogs about to hand school teacher his debut.... Marki’s boy Deitz

Maybe it’s true that Tyrone Harding (winger top 30) has been released and Deitz is in?
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Villi - 9 Mar 2021 10:03 AM
Brent Read reporting that the Dogs about to hand school teacher his debut.... Marki’s boy Deitz

Maybe it’s true that Tyrone Harding (winger top 30) has been released and Deitz is in?

Injury exemption for JMK (don’t ask me how that works)

If he plays I’d suggest he’ll be playing for a contract, maybe even top 30. Which is one way to do it I guess.

I’d rather keep the spot(s) open because it’s a long way to the end of August and only 3 others have filled their 30. Makes pre Aug 31st signings problematic.

Just keep ruling out JMK or Kotoa if we want to play him again.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
Villi
Villi
Pro

Zef - 9 Mar 2021 11:33 AM

If he plays I’d suggest he’ll be playing for a contract, maybe even top 30. Which is one way to do it I guess.

I’d rather keep the spot(s) open because it’s a long way to the end of August and only 3 others have filled their 30. Makes pre Aug 31st signings problematic.

Pretty spot on.... Twitter talk has the Dogs granted an exemption to play Deitz due to JMK injury 

As you say.... give JMK a few weeks off and let’s see how Deitz handles himself in the top grade & if successful, let’s not lose him like we’ve done with decent No.9’s of the past
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 9 Mar 2021 11:33 AM

JMK and Katoa are still on the pup crawl with Dman .... he may even buy a round...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Dogs side named on site.

IMO Waddell and Katoa slightly lucky, Wakeham slightly unlucky.
Dietz in 14.
The rest of the side very logical and odvious,

Zef
Zef
Pro

I think it’s becoming clear Lewis is a long way from NRL under Toms plans. Absolutely no spot for him in the halves, there’s 3 in front of him and another coming next year.

We really should be looking to trade him out before Aug 31, best for him best for us.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search