BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
West Ham handing Liverpool their champions league spot.... how nice of them....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 17 Apr 2021 10:17 PM
West Ham handing Liverpool their champions league spot.... how nice of them....

Just a bad game, not many this season. A few out injured, forced to play a style that didn't suit.
On top of that sloppy errors, players off their game.

If the Dogs were having a similar season we would also be 4th, I prefer 4th to last.

Last season was similar to the Dogs this season, with a late rally.

The coach dumped lazy players, added more speed and improved the existing players.
Throw in a good prop or 2 the Dogs can follow the same formula.

The West Ham squad is very skinny for the EPL let alone champions league, the fans don't trust management to spend the money and stay out of recruitment. West Ham owners are despised by most of the fans.
It is great NRL doesn't have club ownership, in EPL that is another inequity.

They are still shooting for Champions league and might make it, but it will be a beggar dining with princes situation.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 18 Apr 2021 8:14 AM
Marki - 17 Apr 2021 10:17 PM

Just a bad game, not many this season. A few out injured, forced to play a style that didn't suit.
On top of that sloppy errors, players off their game.

If the Dogs were having a similar season we would also be 4th, I prefer 4th to last.

Last season was similar to the Dogs this season, with a late rally.

The coach dumped lazy players, added more speed and improved the existing players.
Throw in a good prop or 2 the Dogs can follow the same formula.

The West Ham squad is very skinny for the EPL let alone champions league, the fans don't trust management to spend the money and stay out of recruitment. West Ham owners are despised by most of the fans.
It is great NRL doesn't have club ownership, in EPL that is another inequity.

They are still shooting for Champions league and might make it, but it will be a beggar dining with princes situation.

I know what you mean. 
Realistically out of their depth for champions league. 

I think the difference between Hammers and Dogs is that I'm not convinced Baz has made the key changes to rectify our problems. I think he is keeping faith with Flano and Hoppa only because they are the more higher profile players. 

I personally think he has given them way too much latitude. Hope they repay him today otherwise I reckon even HE will feel he can no longer carry them.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

What the hell happened to the NSW Cricket team.... they got smashed in the final!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 18 Apr 2021 11:54 AM
hounddog - 18 Apr 2021 8:14 AM

I know what you mean. 
Realistically out of their depth for champions league. 

I think the difference between Hammers and Dogs is that I'm not convinced Baz has made the key changes to rectify our problems. I think he is keeping faith with Flano and Hoppa only because they are the more higher profile players. 

I personally think he has given them way too much latitude. Hope they repay him today otherwise I reckon even HE will feel he can no longer carry them.

What I'm hopping for at the Dogs is what the Hammers now have, a team of high work rate players who put in and usally don't make too many dumb mistakes. On top of that 1-2 class players who can set up and take opportunities.

One or 2 lazy  or dumb players who turn over posession cheaply and miss their defensive assignment really annoy teammates and sap team morale.

The Hammers experience get getting rid of the duds really turned the team around.
My only concern with Baz is similar to yours, he needs to weed out the duds, make tough decisions and set standards. The new rules mean teams that don't work hard and work together in defence will always have a score put on them.

I am prepared to be patient and gjve Baz every chance, we need to.

I now think that we should try the Fox at fullback, he is a bigger body these days and still fast.
We need to see how he is positionally and under the high ball,  he played some footy in the halves.

Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 18 Apr 2021 1:46 PM
What the hell happened to the NSW Cricket team.... they got smashed in the final!

Des and the NSW cricket coach swapped places.

Des had Dman as a net bowler... what a disaster
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We are winning reserve grade 18-0, inspite of the opposition including Joseph Sualii.

#OverhypedOverpaidTraditionalRooster.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

On paper.... the Dogs more rep players than the Cows

We have to win, no excuse today!!!
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

Can someone tell me who our Captain is today? please...
Villi
Villi
Pro

intrepidarts - 18 Apr 2021 3:28 PM
Can someone tell me who our Captain is today? please...

Bloody Floppa
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

Micko - 15 Apr 2021 5:16 PM
Zef - 14 Apr 2021 5:48 PM

All good to have a great facility but if the players aren’t playing there it probably doesn’t feel like home to them. And it’s never going to be built into a BankWest because Of the parking, railway snd size issues. 

A new stadium in Liverpool is the dream and looks possible with the state government putting money into stadiums. Let’s hope we can push for that and become the primary residents there. The population of the area is growing at an enormous rate and the junior base is huge. 

pass on that thx 

intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan

Villi - 18 Apr 2021 3:28 PM
intrepidarts - 18 Apr 2021 3:28 PM

Bloody Floppa

i'll take that as Hoppa lol 

i can live with that - without Tolman lol 
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan

thx
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

On paper.... the Dogs more rep players than the Cows

We have to win, no excuse today!!!

At least I'm not the biggest optimist here.

I think Allan played rep footy for Lichtenstein, did you count that?
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan

hounddog - 18 Apr 2021 3:31 PM

i think the only thing we can take outta the season is we put on 18 against a storm team that stayed in the sheds.. 

Carn the Dogs!!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 18 Apr 2021 3:31 PM
thx

Villi should apologise for ruining your day 30 mins early... 😮
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

intrepidarts - 18 Apr 2021 3:33 PM

i think the only thing we can take outta the season is we put on 18 against a storm team that stayed in the sheds.. 

Carn the Dogs!!

Go Dogs .... 
Villi
Villi
Pro

Half the team off contract.... Ch9 covered game, FFS, if these guys want a contract for 2022 with us or anywhere else, they need to pull their fingers out today!!

Especially Napa & Hoppa whom are our most experienced in our side yet have delivered zilch all season
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Ava is back in reseve grade leading 22-12 with about 8 mins to play.
Villi
Villi
Pro

Danika Mason..... she looks so delicious!
Villi
Villi
Pro

Oh man.... WTF 
Villi
Villi
Pro

Play that Benny Hill music right now.....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

That is more like it.

Hopefully that will settle the players nerves.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

2 weeks of not being held scoreless - that alone is a big improvement.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Both sides down on confidence, this game is there for the taking.
Villi
Villi
Pro

hounddog - 18 Apr 2021 4:52 PM
Both sides down on confidence, this game is there for the taking.

We’ve had more than enough chances, 6 again calls go our way...... but and our attack is atrocious!

We should at least be up by 12

DWZ has played well, Cotric more involved.... that’s probably the highlight 
Edited
3 Years Ago by Villi
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 18 Apr 2021 4:58 PM
hounddog - 18 Apr 2021 4:52 PM

We’ve had more than enough chances, 6 again calls go our way...... but and our attack is atrocious!

We should at least be up by 12

DWZ has played well, Cotric more involved.... that’s probably the highlight 

I wish Cotric could catch a ball.

Flanagan's kicking game was very poor.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Effort side is ok, even Napa ran hard.

Hoppa seems slow in all aspects, he used to be a good passer, we had some opportunities when a quick pass would have been handy.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Villi
Villi
Pro

F#cken soft..... Ogden knock on, Waddell penalty, try cowboys 
Marki
Marki
World Class

So what have I missed?
Anything?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search