BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Knees like that should be a long suspension... real dog shot. 
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

How the f#ck did the Eels player not get sent to the bin for the shoulder charge on Tedesco?
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

hounddog - 7 May 2021 8:55 PM

HD.... the concerning thing with that incident was what was J Moz doing to the injured player?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Villi - 7 May 2021 8:56 PM

HD.... the concerning thing with that incident was what was J Moz doing to the injured player?

I don't think Jmoz passed his medical degree, but he did study with the legendary Dr Marki.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I think that the Roosters may fire up and win this.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

hounddog - 7 May 2021 9:09 PM
I think that the Roosters may fire up and win this.

I've still got it.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

dman2018 - 7 May 2021 6:37 PM
Going first gig in f knows his long tomorrow atvRandeick Racecourse... ’Springloaded’ featuring headliners Grinspoon, Jebediah, Magic Dirt, Frenzal Rhomb and Custard...
#fekkyeah!!!
#fekk
#andyeah....

So you wanna be a champion?
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 7 May 2021 9:19 PM
hounddog - 7 May 2021 9:09 PM

I've still got it.

You have three gift?
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 7 May 2021 9:49 PM
hounddog - 7 May 2021 9:19 PM

You have three gift?

The gift?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The gift?

Yep, if you need a holday from mocking,I can step in 
#Apprentice
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

But, was it deliberate? Plenty of times players slide into tackles. I rarely think they deliberately attack the player with their knees. How else do you slide into a player. 

If you don’t believe me ask your kids to jump and slide on a ‘slip and slide’ then put an obstacle in the way. They will almost always slide on their knees to avoid getting smashed. 

It’s certainly not deliberate. It’s like using your shoulder when coming into contact. It’s almost impossible not to use it. 

Yes, we should try to protect players. But we have to understand that accidents happen and players will get hurt. But that doesn’t mean a player that accidentally hurt a player deserves a suspension 

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Micko - 7 May 2021 10:45 PM

But, was it deliberate? Plenty of times players slide into tackles. I rarely think they deliberately attack the player with their knees. How else do you slide into a player. 

If you don’t believe me ask your kids to jump and slide on a ‘slip and slide’ then put an obstacle in the way. They will almost always slide on their knees to avoid getting smashed. 

It’s certainly not deliberate. It’s like using your shoulder when coming into contact. It’s almost impossible not to use it. 

Yes, we should try to protect players. But we have to understand that accidents happen and players will get hurt. But that doesn’t mean a player that accidentally hurt a player deserves a suspension 

The point is it's  illegal and dangerous and the number of "accidents" will increase if ignored. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

This looks more deliberate than I have seen for a while.

Often the player does slip or slide, seems to me Brown was in control and dropped the knee.

We see what the judiciary makes of it, might not be as bad as I think.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

The problem is that Rugby League is a collision sport and it is inevitable that players will be injured. I do not for one instance believe that any player will deliberately intend to cause injury to another.
Edited
3 Years Ago by ODF
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

ODF - 8 May 2021 8:21 AM
The problem is that Rugby League is a collision sport and it is inevitable that players will be injured. I do not for one instance believe that any player will deliberately intend to cause injury to another.

Pretty naive thought
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

So you think they go out to deliberately kill, mame and injure. I think it's naive to believe that thuggery still openly exists in the modern game.
ODF
ODF
Pro

Being a collision sport it only takes a careless placement of an elbow, forearm or shoulder for a tackle to go from "good" to "dangerous".
Marki
Marki
World Class

100% agree.
It's called bracing for impact.

When the plane is about to go down and the pilot says Brace! Brace! Brace!, they dont expect you to wrap your arms around the seat in front of you to protect the seat.... they expect you to wrap your hands on your chest or tuck your knees up and bury your head in them to "cushion" the impact.

Some cynics believe it is done to endure you break your neck easier and have a quicker and less painful death.

Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

ODF - 8 May 2021 2:00 PM
So you think they go out to deliberately kill, mame and injure. I think it's naive to believe that thuggery still openly exists in the modern game.

Injure means to hurt or cause harm to. You don't  think that any player intends to do This?
Marki
Marki
World Class

Mooloolabadog - 8 May 2021 2:07 PM

Injure means to hurt or cause harm to. You don't  think that any player intends to do This?

Well I just saw a replay of the Brown incident as I hadn't seen the game.

Yep. He's in trouble. No need to make that play. He was never going to stop the tryscorer and he himself was never in danger. He stupidly went on with the decision to collide with the try scorer and he shoukd be punished for it.

I was under the impression from reading the posts on here that it was more of a 50-50 play at making the tackle and he then braced once he realised he couldnt, but he was no where stopping the try and should never had led with a knee slide.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I think you’re confusing hurt with injure.

Every one of them wants to hurt. Not many, if any, mean to injure.

There’s a certain brotherhood in sport, especially at the highest levels where they know each other personally.

And yeah I know you’ll pick out the odd crackpot, and I can name one from the past - Ron Gibbs, but they’re very much the minority. Almost on their own. And all despised by their peers.

But Dylan Brown’s not one of them. He just f***ed up.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
ODF
ODF
Pro

Mdog if any player takes the field and makes a conscious decision to eliminate another player from the game it is nothing short of thuggery and needs to be stamped out of the game.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We can only judge each incident on what we see.

Reckless is almost as bad as deliberate.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

What I didn't like was Brown made no attempt at avoiding the collision that I could see.

For example trying to jump over the player, change direction, or slow down.

The play was over, it was either a try or no try, contact wss totally unnecessary and reckless.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
ODF
ODF
Pro

And hd if it was deliberate then he should be given a lengthy stint on the sideline.
ODF
ODF
Pro

I just read the report about the referees. They have been absolute sh!t all year and nothing has been done to rectify the incompetence, yet Trent Robinson has a b!tch and all of a sudden, bingo, they have been stood down. Talk about double standards.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Where are you dman ? 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Mooloolabadog - 8 May 2021 12:41 AM

The point is it's  illegal and dangerous and the number of "accidents" will increase if ignored. 

I don’t disagree 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 8 May 2021 5:01 PM
And hd if it was deliberate then he should be given a lengthy stint on the sideline.

It is hard to tell the difference between reckless and deliberate.

I've watched a lot of footy over the years. My opinion was reckless or deliberate, also very dangerous.
I want a lengthy stint.
High shots or shoulder charges when a player is stepping, changing direction, dropping or the defender gets the timing wrong, clumsy or careless, reckless is next step up IMO.

I don't know what Brown is like, maybe it is a brain snap, or just a lack of care and focus, is it hard to say.
But going by the vision it should be 4 weeks minimum IMO.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 8 May 2021 5:15 PM
Where are you dman ? 

Ring around all the pubs in Sydney, start in the shire... they will know him.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search