If Croatia can do it we got not excuses

If Croatia can do it we got not excuses

Author
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BA81 - 14 Jul 2018 11:28 AM
paulc - 14 Jul 2018 10:37 AM

How's about you fvck off? Fed up w/your rimjobbing of FFA's bullshit.

Wow.  You mightn't like him but ...........

Fact is we are merely babies on the world football stage.  Very few nations have won the world cup and not many more have made the final.  Only a fraction of the nations that play have qualified to attend the final series.

Australia has now made the final series 5 times and the final 16 (1974) once.
We have only started down the road to a professional league and aren't even half way there by any real standard.  We are hitting way way above our station.

People here are disappointed and actually angry that we aren't winning the World Cup yet.  That is an almost insane prospect for a country that has just started out on that road and whose whole Pro League is run on a budget approaching the transfer fee of a player in a European League.

These same threads say we aren't a sports mad nation?  I'd say reading this thread, summing up the disappointment, anger and personal abuse on display - that this nation is a sporting lunacy!

Settle down.  We'll win it.  Gyfox and I will be dead and you lot will be old.  We need 2 generations of players transiting through a fully professional domestic league before we can genuinely threaten.  1000 professional players would be a useful metric.  In Tokyo they decided on a 50 year pathway.  50 weeks is too long for the mob. 

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

“If we want to improve the game and make a world cup final, we need to get a more competitive domestic league (how about a salary cap?), attract players like Peter Crouch and have a Star Wars round”. ... said no Croatian football official ever.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

paladisious - 14 Jul 2018 11:47 AM
socceroo_06 - 14 Jul 2018 11:09 AM

Yep he was born there and played all his youth football there, very much like how they capped Simunic and how we're totally entitled to cap Karacic. 211 member federations, all playing by the same rules.

It's not just that. If you deny somebody the right to play for a country which they're a citizen of, you breach IR laws.

And the EU is fairly strict on that sort of thing (as is Australia). It's unlawful to discriminate against somebody on the basis of their place of birth or upbringing.

Having said that, I, personally, have a sour taste in the mouth at the idea of the NT being treated like a club side. I don't care where people are born. But I'm uncomfortable at the idea of them representing the NT if they didn't spend at least a fair few years of their childhoods in the country.
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

quickflick - 14 Jul 2018 1:05 PM

It's not just that. If you deny somebody the right to play for a country which they're a citizen of, you breach IR laws.

And the EU is fairly strict on that sort of thing (as is Australia). It's unlawful to discriminate against somebody on the basis of their place of birth or upbringing.

Having said that, I, personally, have a sour taste in the mouth at the idea of the NT being treated like a club side. I don't care where people are born. But I'm uncomfortable at the idea of them representing the NT if they didn't spend at least a fair few years of their childhoods in the country.

Sums up my viewpoint entirely. If Karacic ends up playing for us, I'd support him like any other player, but I think players should play for the NT they have feel most passionate about. We don't know how much Australian culture he had in his household growing up, but it seems unlikely his passion for Australia would be even in the ball park of how he feels about Croatia. I can make an exception for players who can't realistically expect to play for their country of birth, but Karacic could definitely still develop into someone good enough for Croatia.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Ummm, ....maybe we're just not good enough!

It is a remarkable achievement by Croatia to make the final.

Only 8 nations have EVER won a World Cup, and only 12 have EVER made a final. (13 Now)

It's NOT realistic to say if Croatia can do it, any other nation, including Australia, can.

We may NEVER reach a World Cup final.

It takes a great group of players well managed peaking at the right time AND good fortune.

Edited
6 Years Ago by MarkfromCroydon
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

433 - 12 Jul 2018 12:47 PM
The reality is that most Australians are happy to sit back smugly and pretend we're a great "sporting nation" because we're good at alot of shit that no one really gives a fuck about. The only "world class" internationally relevant team would probably be the Mens basketball team, besides that no one really cares about Union, league or cricket (which we're shit at anyway). 

We pretend we're sports mad because we care about things that no one else on Earth cares about. If you don't live in Melbourne it's hard for you to grasp the absolute obsession that people have with AFL. Hopefully in a generation or two that dead-end sport will be irrelevant thanks to demographics. 

I think you'll find about 1/6th of the world's population cares about cricket.. quite a few in Europe with Rugby as well

Your point about demographics is even worse.. let's hope Australia imports a load of 3rd worlders so our sokkah team might be marginally better!  wtfff cunnnt

Edited
6 Years Ago by No Totti No Party
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Funny how the Croatian FA is really despised by Croatians, so much so that many were reportedly wanting their NT to lose.

Just goes to show people will never be happy.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
SWandP - 14 Jul 2018 11:58 AM

Fact is we are merely babies on the world football stage.  Very few nations have won the world cup and not many more have made the final.  Only a fraction of the nations that play have qualified to attend the final series.

We have only started down the road to a professional league.  We are hitting way way above our station.

People here are disappointed and actually angry that we aren't winning the World Cup yet.  That is an almost insane prospect for a country that has just started out on that road and whose whole Pro League is run on a budget approaching the transfer fee of a player in a European League.

Sage post.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
libel - 14 Jul 2018 4:42 PM
Funny how the Croatian FA is really despised by Croatians, so much so that many were reportedly wanting their NT to lose.

Wow!
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

This is mostly misguided anger, Australia and the league is dong fine and getting better all the time. That's not to say we should be complacent and stop looking to improve 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I know that was the case with the 2016 Euro's. Wasn't aware of it for this World Cup.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Volkira
Volkira
Hacker
Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)

Guys that a load of crap.
My son and daughter were both born in Germany.They both speak English with an Aussie accent,both cheered for the Socceroos in the World Cup.
My Aussie culture is definitely become a part of them everyday.
They both wish their mum had chosen to come live in Australia when they saw my past in a collection of family photos.
They both know Australia is a part of them.They want to eventually see where I grew up and lived.
Who knows if they will choose to visit and stay someday.But they have the choice because their dad is Australian.

If my kids were ever lucky enough to represent at a National level and chose Australia over Germany it’s their right.
It also wouldn’t be a decision made lightly either and it’s because they both believe they are half Australian.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

quickflick - 14 Jul 2018 1:05 PM

Yep agree with that. Without Rakitic, I question whether Croatia would be able to go as far as they have. To have two MF playing at the two most successful clubs of the last decade is a massive thing that cannot be underestimated. 

My point being that Croatia does very well at developing youth. Modric is a once in a generation player as was Suker. Rakitic was made in Switzerland, not Croatia, but he is also a once in a generation player. 

Peresic, Lovren et al. are good players that pop-up every few years....not phenoms by any stretch. 

Kewell is the only player that can match it with Modric and Rakitic in terms of pedigree before his injuries. It's a damn hard thing to find that player again. I think its mostly luck. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The first step is for the game to be governed right, take away the bias from the state feds that listen to the FFA, secondary the whole FFA to be replaced by people who have the ambition to drive the game forward and treat youth development as an investment and not a cost as this will be our main vehicle for any future success YOUTH DEVELOPMENT and not METRICS!

They should ask any FA around the world who have improved from there status quo, they will tell them it’s investment and planning underneath the surface and not anything else!
That’s the big difference, the way they handle youth development is a reason why we here, the same federation that give the FFA TD a role to the point that he’s not accountable to the FFA board but to the chef of Women’s Football instead!

The same organisation that treat the youth teams with distaine, they haven’t even play a game all year and have qualifiers later this year for the World Cup, contrast to our rivals and even countries like Vietnam are investing a lot more than us by playing many more games overseas as vital preparation for making a World Cup as they know it’s vital experience for the next generation of players as they represent the national team in the future.

The same organisation that cut off the FFA COE/AIS program and haven’t divested funds back to the youth development as they promised (maybe that money was used for the Socceroos back room staff? Who knows!)

The same one that gives 2 Star accreditation to a-league clubs that haven’t had there programs in place for to long and some have started this year and they get more acredication than a NPL team who probably have done it for much longer? Something is not right.

The same one that treat coach education as a cash cow if rumours are to go by, why they so expensive then FFA?

And recently the same one that tried to scrap the only national youth league in this country which has been cut off significantly but faced serious resistance from the a-league and even there own national youth team coaches and staff? They haven’t even appointed a u20 coach yet after Talay left.

To me his confirms me for all the goodwill the FFA have done since the start of the new era in 2005 the last 2 or 3 years it has been thrown away with poor decisions which has effected the surface underneath...instead when they should have tried to grow grass they have grown bad weeds instead.

The current FFA board including the David Gallop, are not fit to lead the game forward as they have the wrong priorities in place in taking the game forward which we all want, alarm bells have been raised and now it’s time for change which can take our sport into the next level, once we get this then the game can move forward and then maybe we can dream but right now we could be taking about if we able to qualify for 2022 when the discussion should be much more progressive than that.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

lukerobinho - 14 Jul 2018 5:25 PM
This is mostly misguided anger, Australia and the league is dong fine and getting better all the time. That's not to say we should be complacent and stop looking to improve 

Really? i dont think the league has improved for a while...Id say since the season ADP was here it has declined or stayed around the same level... the marketing of the league is been non-existent for 2 seasons now....The national team has also declined more in the past decade from the 'golden generation...

We also look like the Nix are going to be booted out of the professional league anytime soon...crowds are stable but the league is still unsustainable without a 2nd division and we continue to waste money on the W league when no one gives a f*** about our women's team despite it being one of the best in the world....

We have also seen an increase in the number of potentially good players take short term money in China/UAE/Saudie Arabia which is killing our talent pool. 

I dont know how any one can think that we are improving

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
6 Years Ago by Davstar
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Davstar - 15 Jul 2018 5:30 AM
lukerobinho - 14 Jul 2018 5:25 PM

Really? i dont think the league has improved for a while...Id say since the season ADP was here it has declined or stayed around the same level... the marketing of the league is been non-existent for 2 seasons now....The national team has also declined more in the past decade from the 'golden generation...

We also look like the Nix are going to be booted out of the professional league anytime soon...crowds are stable but the league is still unsustainable without a 2nd division and we continue to waste money on the W league when no one gives a f*** about our women's team despite it being one of the best in the world....

We have also seen an increase in the number of potentially good players take short term money in China/UAE/Saudie Arabia which is killing our talent pool. 

I dont know how any one can think that we are improving

The domestic game is on the fucking ropes, and the current administration have no motivation or inclination to swing back. They are jealously clinging to power and maintaining their status quo even if it grinds us down to the stone age. 
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

paulc - 14 Jul 2018 10:37 AM

How's about you fvck off? Fed up w/your rimjobbing of FFA's bullshit.

But you know what? I'll bite on some of your points:

2) I assume you mean sponsorship from corporate Australia? This is a spoiler for my answer to (5) but we really don't need their help(and for the most part, won't be getting it anyway) - not when there's a literal world of football-savvy sponsorship beyond our shores. THAT'S who we should be looking to instead of the white nationalist white-collar bogans running the alcohol/gambling companies, etc.💡

3) Your man-crushes Lowy & Gallop ballsed the fvck out of that one, didn't they😂😂

5) Fvck mainstream Australia when it comes to ⚽ - they've made their stance crystal-clear over the past 130 years. Total de-ethnicisation of our club/national sides, making simulation a red-card offence, abolishing offside...implement all these and our game STILL won't be good enough for them; I suggest you imprint that statement deep into your brain so there's no forgetting⚠

The rest we agree on, but you're complacent as fvck re. attendances just because the Distance Derby pulls a bigger crowd than the 2001/02 NSL season average. But we all know you're just a racist POS who'll never be on board w/the old clubs being in the HAL through whatever means.

Tutt, tutt little fella. Play the ball please.

Try this ...... www.angermanagement@ineedhelp.com

In a resort somewhere

The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

nevermind
Edited
6 Years Ago by The Fans
The Fans
The Fans
Pro

SWandP - 14 Jul 2018 11:58 AM

Wow.  You mightn't like him but ...........

We have only started down the road to a professional league and aren't even half way there by any real standard.  We are hitting way way above our station.

These same threads say we aren't a sports mad nation?  I'd say reading this thread, summing up the disappointment, anger and personal abuse on display - that this nation is a sporting lunacy!

Settle down.  We'll win it.  Gyfox and I will be dead and you lot will be old.  We need 2 generations of players transiting through a fully professional domestic league before we can genuinely threaten.  1000 professional players would be a useful metric.  In Tokyo they decided on a 50 year pathway.  50 weeks is too long for the mob. 

I'm not angry or disappointed that we aren't winning the world cup yet. What I'm disappointed by is that we aren't trying or planning to win the world cup. That should be our goal. And everything the ffa does should be geared towards making us win the world cup. 

if they had that as their entire objective would they really have tried so hard to destroy a second division? would they have kept the a-league at 10 teams? the problem is that they lack direction toward something. i mean at the moment they're focusing on bringing in peter crouch ffs. how does that help us win the world cup. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by The Fans
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

paulc - 15 Jul 2018 7:56 AM

Tutt, tutt little fella. Play the ball please.

Try this ...... www.angermanagement@ineedhelp.com

The Fans
The Fans
Pro

Waz - 12 Jul 2018 8:21 AM
We are just full of excuses. Iceland is the size of Newcastle, Croatia smaller than both Sydney and Melbourne and both show what can be done. AFL and NRL (and the media) foist on us were “too small” so what does Gallop do? He goes and fights to be #1 code in Australia when he should have been competing with the likes of Iceland and Croatia. The ffa constantly fight the WRONG battles, it’s a habit now ...

very true waz. fighting other sports is the cringiest most pathetic thing. there is no soccer vs rugby competition. there is Australia vs other countries. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Jul 2018 5:30 PM

I know that was the case with the 2016 Euro's. Wasn't aware of it for this World Cup.

Yeah there's a fair bit of stuff going on in the background.  Just for starters Modric will be going to court after the world cup on perjury charges and could end up in jail.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/13/luka-modric-croatia-world-cup-final-ballon-dor-perjury-charges
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43260942
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/06/22/croatia-world-cup-potential-zlatko-dalic-modric-argentina

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

You can just imagine how the likes of Italy, Germany, Spain etc would feel like with their billions propping up their league and all the kulcha'd history.

And here we have lil ol Craysha in the biggest football final on the planet.

In a resort somewhere

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Now the big question that everyone is talking about: Should Croatia re-model their youth development system based on Australia’s model?
We effectively drew 1 - 1 (if the incorrectly called penalty wasn’t given). They lost by two goals fair and square.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro

Neanderthal - 16 Jul 2018 7:30 AM
Now the big question that everyone is talking about: Should Croatia re-model their youth development system based on Australia’s model?We effectively drew 1 - 1 (if the incorrectly called penalty wasn’t given). They lost by two goals fair and square.

I'm going to take it as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but they made the final and we came last in our group so...yeah that pretty much answers your question. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Copying is not an answer, we need to go our own path which we are doing right now.

No need to panic, sure you can learn from other countries but the key is staying the path and have confidence that it will prosper in the future (big if considering how the FFA have handled youth development and professional opportunities).

We just have to remember that every country including the most successful ones go through peaks and troughs, so even though Croatia or Belgium might be the flavour of the month that might not be the case in the future.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Turns out Croatia can not do it.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

It's ok to be shite because "the League is still young"

Roff.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Link2588
Link2588
Rising Star
Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)

Croatias players whom got on the pitch this World Cup were in 2013-2014 playing for:

Subasic: (Monaco > Now playing for the same club in Ligue 1) Now Aged 33
Strinic: (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the Ukraine > now playing for Milan this season it was Sampdoria) age 30
Pvaric: (Dynamo Zagreb > Now playing with Dynamo Kiev in the Ukraine) age 29 
Lovern: (Southhampton EPL > Now with Liverpool) Age 29
Vjida: (Dynamo Kyiv > Now with Besiktas Turkey) Age 29
Vrsaljko: (Genoa of Serie A > Now with Athletico La Liga ) Age 26 
Modric: (Real MAdrid then > Same now) Age 32
Rakitic: (Sevilla then > Barcelona now) Age 30
Brozovic: (Dynamo Zagreb > now with Inter Milan Serie A) Age 25
Perisic: (Wolfsburg Bundesliga > now with Inter Milan Serie A) Age 29
Kramaric: (HNK Rijika Croatian 1st division > now with Hoffenhiem ) Age 27
Mandzukic: (Bayern Munich > Now Juventus ) Age 33
Pjaca: ( lokomotiv Zagreb Croatia > Now with juventus although spent the season at Shalke bundesliga) Age 23
Rebic: (RNK Split > Now with Frankfurt in Bundesliga) Age 24

The key I guess virtually every one went somewhere better with the exception of a few players who were already at the highest level. The age of the players is fairly similar to where we will end up with for Qatar for mainstays Ryan, Sainsbury, Behich,  Luongo, Mooy, Rogic, Leckie, Juric, Arizani (hopefully),  
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro

Too many of our players are choosing to go to shit leagues in Europe or Asia over staying in the A-league until a better offer presents itself. 

We used to scratch our heads when player's would sign for teams in Denmark. Now its the new normal. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search