Sainsbury to QPR/

Sainsbury to QPR/

Author
razor7
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The QPR forum is saying Sainsbury will join Luongo at QPR. Seems to be a strong rumour if there is such a thing. A good move if it comes off. He'd play every week in a solid league
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

It seems to be the stronger rumour. His salary demands won't be an issue. One or two good seasons there and he's going up a level. He'll peak around 27-28 years old?

The positive would be lots of match time available but it's still below his true level and it's a rough league. Lots of Muscat style players there. 
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 7:03 PM
It seems to be the stronger rumour. His salary demands won't be an issue. One or two good seasons there and he's going up a level. He'll peak around 27-28 years old?

The positive would be lots of match time available but it's still below his true level and it's a rough league. Lots of Muscat style players there. 

cream always rises
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Reports he's been dropped to Jiangsu reserves. Like he cares. Ramires there too. They want out.

I'd still much rather Sainsbury go to Germany. Cologne or Hamburg should get promoted. He'd bolster the defence in Nürnberg or Augsburg. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

huddo - 17 Jul 2018 7:06 PM
johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 7:03 PM

cream always rises

If he's on fire there'll be links to everywhere. Is he allowed to move again in winter or are you blocked off for one full season? 

I think the slight issue could be he'd be performing well in the championship which somewhat tarnishes reputation compared to having Griezmann and Dembele in your pocket. 
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Honestly, I'm just at the point where he needs to be playing - if that means the Championship then so be it. He'll go close to 50+ games a season if he goes there which can't be a bad thing at all. It certainly gave Mooy a large profile, no reason why a good season for Sainsbury couldn't do the same.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Cream always rises. Earn your stripes at QPR, get noticed and take on a bigger gig in a year or two.
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Burztur - 17 Jul 2018 7:33 PM
Cream always rises. Earn your stripes at QPR, get noticed and take on a bigger gig in a year or two.

It'll be a year. He's a more complete player than Mooy and he go rave reviews.
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Such bullshit and just goes to show the incorrect perception of Aussie players. Like mooy Sainsbury will prove streets ahead of this league but because he's Australian hes not given a proper crack by the bigger leagues. Same with Luongo had they both been born Swiss or Danish they'd be playing in a hertha berlin or sampdoria by now
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Bunch of Hacks - 17 Jul 2018 8:18 PM
Such bullshit and just goes to show the incorrect perception of Aussie players. Like mooy Sainsbury will prove streets ahead of this league but because he's Australian hes not given a proper crack by the bigger leagues. Same with Luongo had they both been born Swiss or Danish they'd be playing in a hertha berlin or sampdoria by now

Ha I used Sampdoria as an example for Luongo yesterday you copy cat! 

I'll admit sometimes the anti Australian ideas seem a bit silly. Other times I feel it exists when you see the number of hacks getting gigs in those leagues and the club raves on about how players from that nationality are automatically good.

These days so many Germans still think Kewell plays and can't name anyone from our current side. There are English people calling for Ryan and Mooy to make the England squad! We're just not in the radar for being Australian. 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 8:27 PM
Bunch of Hacks - 17 Jul 2018 8:18 PM

Ha I used Sampdoria as an example for Luongo yesterday you copy cat! 

I'll admit sometimes the anti Australian ideas seem a bit silly. Other times I feel it exists when you see the number of hacks getting gigs in those leagues and the club raves on about how players from that nationality are automatically good.

These days so many Germans still think Kewell plays and can't name anyone from our current side. There are English people calling for Ryan and Mooy to make the England squad! We're just not in the radar for being Australian. 

well we did slip and our league is no bench mark that can be trusted.  it's the current generation getting out there that will change things.  if sainsbury and spira and others didnt take oil and china money and went to europe, we might have broken the seal sooner.  

also can you please post links for english people asking for mooy and ryan in the squad, i need those lols.

Edited
6 Years Ago by inala brah
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 7:07 PM
Reports he's been dropped to Jiangsu reserves. Like he cares. Ramires there too. They want out.

I'd still much rather Sainsbury go to Germany. Cologne or Hamburg should get promoted. He'd bolster the defence in Nürnberg or Augsburg. 

The problem with what you saying, is he'd be pretty anonymous over there and get lost ?

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Sains needs exposure, like what Maty has been lucky to get.

He also needs to back himself and play well. QPR - if he's worried about game time.

But I think he should aim higher, and back himself, a lot like what Maty is doing well now. 

highkick05
highkick05
Legend

The one thing he SHOULD NOT do is try and hide under a rock at this point in his career.

Ignore small clubs and ones hidden away in some remote unknown European league.

He exceeded a lot of expectations in the France battle.

Then in the Denmark game again, proved a lot of people right. 

Peru ok, I think we got the tactics wrong here , but played well enough.

He is legit top level player. Championship would be ok for a season, ease him into it. 

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

inala brah - 17 Jul 2018 8:47 PM
johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 8:27 PM

well we did slip and our league is no bench mark that can be trusted.  it's the current generation getting out there that will change things.  if sainsbury and spira and others didnt take oil and china money and went to europe, we might have broken the seal sooner.  

also can you please post links for english people asking for mooy and ryan in the squad, i need those lols.

Mostly things on Twitter. A search should find some. Terms like Mat Ryan with England national team. There are more for Mooy. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

highkick05 - 17 Jul 2018 8:50 PM
johnszasz - 17 Jul 2018 7:07 PM

The problem with what you saying, is he'd be pretty anonymous over there and get lost ?

I find those clubs would keep him on the radar for a bigger move in Germany or England. I guess QPR would also be ok. If he's good enough he'll move.

I think we all just crave to how he goes in the EPL or Bundesliga. 
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro

QPR would be underwhelming. He needs to be playing at a higher level and there are clubs at that level that could definitely use him. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search