Adam Goodes opens up on AFL race row [Comments]

Adam Goodes opens up on AFL race row [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Insult_2_Injury
Insult_2_Injury
Under 7s
Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Inside Sport Bot - 1 Aug 2018 2:23 PM

It's a shame for Goodes the human being that more advancement didn't come about through Nicky Winmar's stance 20 years ago. Awareness rounds don't actually mean anything, they are hollow marketing exercises. As for Goodes the player, I hope a guy I rate in my top 3 all time greats of the game, can get some perspective on his impact on the actual playing of the game, in years to come. Obviously he's the only one who can know if he feels he can recommend the game to all juniors regardless of racial background, but his immense talent and classy public denouncements of the thoughts and actions of a minority of this country, is a testament that this sport can eventually push through to actually break barriers not just be meaningless awareness.

To the staff reporter who did the article, could please amend your description of Goodes on the 'pitch', to the 'field' - which is the correct terminology for AFL.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search