Melbourne Victory signs Keisuke Honda

Melbourne Victory signs Keisuke Honda

Author
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well done MV for clicking into gear and signing Honda for the coming season. This signing is good for the game as it will create a lot of interest not only for Victory, but also the A League in general. Wouldn't be great for Australian football if every club had the vision, ability and money to invest in a big name player.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Atlas
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Atlas - 6 Aug 2018 8:22 PM
Well done MV for clicking into gear and signing Honda for the coming season. This signing is good for the game as it will create a lot of interest not only for Victory, but also the A League in general. Wouldn't be great for Australian football if every club had the vision, ability and money to invest in a big name player.

If 1 did it might be a start.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

@Atlas

Yes itd be great for the governing body to restrict avenues for clubs to make revenue and then expect they will still drop millions on said marquee player.
Edited
6 Years Ago by n i k o
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

FIFAchampion - 6 Aug 2018 7:53 PM
Being of Japanese descent myself, a Melburian and also a Victory supporter, I'm a happy little Vegemite right now.

Bullet club for life.. umm I mean bc firing squad 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Being of Japanese descent myself, a Melburian and also a Victory supporter, I'm a happy little Vegemite right now.

You're supposed to be of Japanese descent and an untapped football supporter.

Didn't you get the memo ?

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paladisious - 6 Aug 2018 11:00 AM
I'm over the moon with this. Obviously a great talent, and looks like he'll bring with him a teriffic attitude. He returned my double thumbs up to him when the Japanese team did the sporting thing and applauded the away fans in our qualifier in Tokyo, so he's already a good guy in my books.

This signing alone totally shits on the AFL's attempts to get noticed in Asia too. Talks of a broadcast deal in Japan and hopefully we'll bag a few sponsors too, especially with the ACL coming up.

The away trip to the Japanese team we'll inevitably draw in the group stage will be a must!

Fuck the NCIP, I hope some Victory active supporters wave a Japanese flag or two to welcome him, like how they had Aussie flags in the home end at Kennedy's club.

Just have them make sure its a current japanese flag, not one of those imperial ones. Or they could start WWIII.
Edited
6 Years Ago by libel
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Burztur - 6 Aug 2018 7:43 PM
Well done MV. So when’s the acl draw?

December, I think.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Thanks. Just realised that only Australia has their entrants settled as the rest of Asia are still playing out their season. But imagine if Nagoya was drawn :)
HighTimes
HighTimes
Amateur
Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)

Great signing. Very excited to see what a player of his quality can bring to our league.
Edited
6 Years Ago by HighTimes
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Class signing and thrilled to have him here. Congrats on the signing. More than happy to have the marquee fun help out these types of signings even for Victory.

But now, as Victory fans have been saying for years, marquee signings are only about the facebook likes- will Honda get close to ADP?

ARNIE= LEGEND

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Keisuke
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

KeIsuke has to have an Aussie name, can be KwzaBeing of Japanese descent myself, a Melburian and also a Victory supporter, I'm a happy little Vegemite right now.

Keisuke has to get a 'strayan ring to his name like Keza, he must tey a meat pie of his choice ie. Beef & mushroo, chicken of pepper beef. 
Muski will have to kerb his language cause shit, Keza thinks he is a nice guy!! Lol!!
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

soccerfoo - 7 Aug 2018 5:07 PM

Keisuke has to get a 'strayan ring to his name like Keza, he must tey a meat pie of his choice ie. Beef & mushroo, chicken of pepper beef. 
Muski will have to kerb his language cause shit, Keza thinks he is a nice guy!! Lol!!

I asked my wife if she had heard of Keisuke Honda (you know, for the metrics), and she said "Casey Kahonda? Who's that" hahaha
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

I don't know if Honda will bring in more fans but I do know that if we book BabyMetal for the Grandfinal it would be massive.

Beaten by Eldar

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search