Reasons Arzani should do well @ Celtic

Reasons Arzani should do well @ Celtic

Author
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City Sam - 10 Aug 2018 5:50 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Aug 2018 8:16 AM

Celtic shouldn't have any problems in that europa league playoff if they end up there.

celtic are possibly better off losing now and getting into europa rather then going into the champions league groups and just getting thumped 3 times. 

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

inala brah - 10 Aug 2018 5:59 PM
City Sam - 10 Aug 2018 5:50 PM

celtic are possibly better off losing now and getting into europa rather then going into the champions league groups and just getting thumped 3 times. 

Football wise?? Possibly.
Money wise?? No.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Wonder why he just landed at Paris airport. He just posted a check in on his Insta. PSG? lol
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Yeah lol just saw he was at Paris airport. Any ideas why?
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Might just be a stop over on the way to Scotland, sight seeing. 
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

WSF - 10 Aug 2018 6:54 PM
Might just be a stop over on the way to Scotland, sight seeing. 

He was at Celtic's CL qualifying two nights ago sitting in the stands. Looks like it might take a few days longer before the loan goes through. Brendan Rodgers did say on their end it's all done, they are just waiting on City I guess. 

TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

If he can get on the pitch it will be good for him. 
I'm not expecting it straight away. Needs to learn the system, fitness etc but I guess we'll know by Xmas 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

He was in Paris collecting his work visa.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
BrisbaneBhoy - 9 Aug 2018 3:41 PM
highkick05 - 9 Aug 2018 1:02 PM

Re: (1)  He may not have the "pressure of the whole world breathing down his neck"  (did he ever??). What he will get is plenty of pressure that comes from playing for (1) Celtic. (2) Playing football in Glasow. Both which have seen plenty of players crack under/not handle the pressure that come with playing for Celtic, and/or playing in Glasgow.

As for your point (2). If he is good enough for game time, then yes, he will get "vital experience playing in UEFA Champions League".

I was staggered at the size of the crowd in a Rangers v Celtic game.

Glasgow is football mad too, as is the whole of Scotland!

Celtic fans expect the the coaching  hierarchy and players to win every game. There will heaps of pressure for Arzani. I've  been way from 442 for a fair while. Didn't realise he was signed by Celtic?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

TimmyJ - 10 Aug 2018 8:14 PM
If he can get on the pitch it will be good for him. 
I'm not expecting it straight away. Needs to learn the system, fitness etc but I guess we'll know by Xmas 

Without any equivocation, if Arzani was effective as he was in the World Cup, against far better opposition, manifesting in France Denmark and Peru,  than almost any club side in the world, with France arguably being better than any club team, Arzani is easily good enough for a starting position at Celtic.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Decentric - 13 Aug 2018 5:16 PM
TimmyJ - 10 Aug 2018 8:14 PM

Without any equivocation, if Arzani was effective as he was in the World Cup, against far better opposition, manifesting in France Denmark and Peru,  than almost any club side in the world, with France arguably being better than any club team, Arzani is easily good enough for a starting position at Celtic.

The strength and/or quality from opposing teams is irrelevant. The quality of his team mate(s) who he will be fighting for the same spot will be his biggest challenge.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro

Decentric - 13 Aug 2018 5:12 PM

I was staggered at the size of the crowd in a Rangers v Celtic game.

Glasgow is football mad too, as is the whole of Scotland!

Celtic fans expect the the coaching  hierarchy and players to win every game. There will heaps of pressure for Arzani. I've  been way from 442 for a fair while. Didn't realise he was signed by Celtic?

Welcome to the forum Decentric. 
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 13 Aug 2018 6:40 PM

The strength and/or quality from opposing teams is irrelevant. The quality of his team mate(s) who he will be fighting for the same spot will be his biggest challenge.

But would the other Celtic wingers have performed at the same standard? Sinclair and Forrest possibly but the others no where near. He should be 1st drop for both wings. 

Having said that I don't like the sound of Rodgers attitude towards him. Sounds like he was a signing made at board level and thrust upon him. Rodgers a bit put out and another guilty of perceptual bias against Aussie football possibly. If you watch the kid carefully for any length of time totally open minded you'll see he's special. Not just by Aussie standards either but by world standards. He has literally everything in his locker. Best prospect since Emerton and kewell
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro

Bunch of Hacks - 14 Aug 2018 5:43 AM

But would the other Celtic wingers have performed at the same standard? Sinclair and Forrest possibly but the others no where near. He should be 1st drop for both wings. 

Having said that I don't like the sound of Rodgers attitude towards him. Sounds like he was a signing made at board level and thrust upon him. Rodgers a bit put out and another guilty of perceptual bias against Aussie football possibly. If you watch the kid carefully for any length of time totally open minded you'll see he's special. Not just by Aussie standards either but by world standards. He has literally everything in his locker. Best prospect since Emerton and kewell

A lot of Celtic fans have said he isn't a Brendan Rodgers signing and the board have signed him after BR said he knew nothing about him. I actually think BR was just saying that to the media trying to play him down. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

lebo_roo - 13 Aug 2018 10:02 PM
Decentric - 13 Aug 2018 5:12 PM

Welcome to the forum Decentric. 

LOL!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Fair comment about the level he has performed well at, BOH.

It is a worry if Rodgers didn't really want him though and he was a board signing.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

He has performed creditably against higher calibre opposition than his competitors.

Nevertheless, it is the perception of the coach as to how he fits into his game plans, with and without the ball, compared to his competitors that will be paramount.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Decentric - 14 Aug 2018 7:49 AM

He has performed creditably against higher calibre opposition than his competitors.

Nevertheless, it is the perception of the coach as to how he fits into his game plans, with and without the ball, compared to his competitors that will be paramount.

Not necessarily. How many minutes did Arzani play against France? Denmark? Peru?

While he did play against quality opponents (no argument) in the World Cup, he will be competing against team-mates who also have played against world class opponents. His "in-team" competitors have plenty of world-class experience themselves from playing in the Champions League (clubs), international tournament's likes the 'World Cup' (qualifiers/proper), 'UEFA European Championship' (qualifiers/proper), etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong. If/when he signs with Celtic, I hope he sets the world on fire. What I'm just saying is, his competition for game time is a wee bit tougher then that you seem to give credit for (unless I misread something - in which case I apologise ☺). But as I just said, I will love to see him set the world on fire ☺

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 9 Aug 2018 7:20 PM

The champion league experience is now looking a little shaky, maybe Europa League.

Champions League ❌
Europa League ❓
If we [s]play[/s] defend like we did tonight, then qualifying for Europa League group stages doesn't look very achievable at the minute 😦😡😧

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 15 Aug 2018 2:43 AM
Decentric - 14 Aug 2018 7:49 AM

Not necessarily. How many minutes did Arzani play against France? Denmark? Peru?

While he did play against quality opponents (no argument) in the World Cup, he will be competing against team-mates who also have played against world class opponents. His "in-team" competitors have plenty of world-class experience themselves from playing in the Champions League (clubs), international tournament's likes the 'World Cup' (qualifiers/proper), 'UEFA European Championship' (qualifiers/proper), etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong. If/when he signs with Celtic, I hope he sets the world on fire. What I'm just saying is, his competition for game time is a wee bit tougher then that you seem to give credit for (unless I misread something - in which case I apologise ☺). But as I just said, I will love to see him set the world on fire ☺

Actually, I have to take my hat off to you with  this response, BB.

You've made some very good points!
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Dude wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for several of his squad tbf.

Pretty sure he braught Sinclair and Toure in but it'd be hard to believe he had any input in the rest of their signings .. 

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

couldnt disagree more

while getting on the pitch is his initial biggest challenge, it means nothing if you aren't up against decent competition.  I think the SPL has started to turn around, and it is a proper step up from the AL.  it's a good spot to get his sea legs, but he will need to move on pretty rapidly - or risk coasting it like rogic.

my concern is that he will be sitting on the bench waiting to play in an ok league.  he would probably be better off sitting on the bench for a better team in a better league with better coaching and development - particularly in a league which would encourage his style of play rather than an overtly physical game like in scotland or australia.

Edited
6 Years Ago by inala brah
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro

It's a low level league
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro

He didn’t have to play twice against AEK.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

He will get on. It's Celtic ffs. He is good enough. He is smooth as fuck on the ball. 

I see him getting plenty of minutes.

And if you can remember Rodgers gave Brad Smith plenty of opportunities and game time. Don't worry.

socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

The arrogance of Celtic fans on their forum is astounding. 

Can't qualify for the CL and will most likely make up the numbers in UEL yet apparently they're above a player of Arzani's qualities. 

The SPL is dogshit. 
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Has he actually signed for Celtic yet?
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

vincenzogold - 16 Aug 2018 11:58 AM
Has he actually signed for Celtic yet?

Nah,  still can change his mind

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Can they just get this shit sorted and be done with it
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

socceroo_06 - 16 Aug 2018 11:21 AM
The arrogance of Celtic fans on their forum is astounding. 

Can't qualify for the CL and will most likely make up the numbers in UEL yet apparently they're above a player of Arzani's qualities. 

The SPL is dogshit. 

Really?
Celtic is one of the most famous football clubs not only in Europe, but the WORLD.
As PROMISING as Arzani is, he's an untested talent and really any kid would be glad to get a chance to play at a great club like Celtic.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search