Some news...

Some news...

Author
Kevin Airs
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

So we have some news...  

After 13 amazing years, I will soon no longer be part of FourFourTwo.

Earlier this year, the global FourFourTwo brand was sold by its UK publishers to a new owner, Future Publishing. They have embarked on a series of worldwide changes with a new, more UK-based strategy. While that has meant job losses elsewhere, in Australia it means Future are taking back the local publishing rights from my company, Nextmedia, which has been running the magazine under licence in Oz for the last four years.

Sadly, we understand Future will no longer publish an Australian edition of the magazine. The latest issue, our new EPL season guide, on sale next week and arriving in subscribers’ mailboxes from today, is the last one we’ll produce, and the last for the foreseeable future.

HOWEVER....

Your FourFourTwo team at Nextmedia isn’t going away!

The squad that has brought you FourFourTwo is still going to be doing exactly what it always has... just under a different banner. 

We may be saying goodbye to FourTwo Australia - but please say hello to a new-look FTBL.com.au which will
continue to bring you the BEST in Australian football coverage - just as we have always done. The name will change...but that is all.

We will also continue to bring you the best Australian football features in our sister mag, Inside Sport. We will be bumping up our football coverage massively in Inside Sport, starting with our huge 24 page A-League preview special in next month’s issue.

There are a few changes we’d love you to help us with though please as we transition to our new identity over the next few weeks.

If you liked FourFourTwo Australia on Facebook, please like @FTBLau now.

If you followed FourFourTwo Australia on Twitter, please follow @FTBLcomau now.

Our podcast will now be the FTBL podcast on iTunes.

And please bookmark FTBL.com.au as your new home of Australian football coverage.

(Oh and if you followed me personally on Twitter, I gave FTBL a little kickstart by giving it my account. If you wanna read more of my tweets, you’ll need to follow me again on my new @KevinAirs account)

The forums will also remain as is, except the FourFourTwo branding will disappear.

Thank you so much for all your support in the past. You are the living, breathing soul of football in this country. We’re here to stay and we’d love you to be alongside us…

I’m very proud of what we’ve done previously and excited by what lies ahead. It’s a sad day for FourFourTwo in Australia, but a bright day for FTBL and our continued coverage of the sport here. 

Football, eh? Bloody hell!

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Thanks Kev. Appreciate all the work you guys do.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Kevin Airs - 15 Aug 2018 1:41 PM

The forums will also remain as is, except the FourFourTwo branding will disappear.

Anything in the new setup budget for tidying up the Forum glitches ?

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
We may be saying goodbye to FourTwo Australia - but please say hello to a new-look FTBL.com.au which will

Well that link didn't work 

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

StiflersMom - 15 Aug 2018 3:16 PM
We may be saying goodbye to FourTwo Australia - but please say hello to a new-look FTBL.com.au which will

Well that link didn't work 

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

The Web Guy
The Web Guy
Inside Sport Staff
Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Buggalugs 2.0 - 15 Aug 2018 3:32 PM
StiflersMom - 15 Aug 2018 3:16 PM

Should be working now.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Way of the world unfortunately. Consolidation of traditional print media into the digital realm is a fact of life & journalism suffers as a result.   John Oliver did a great piece of "Journalism" on youtube I recommend checking out as it alludes to this sort of thing.

Still alot of examples of longform football journalism which is better off to read anyway.  

Edited
6 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

The Web Guy - 15 Aug 2018 3:41 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 15 Aug 2018 3:32 PM

Should be working now.

Yarp

If you're after some odd-jobs to impress the new boss

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/2599592/Forum-Issues-that-still-need-fixing

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/2660208/How-to-quote-etc

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/2548427/Is-change-thread-title-gone

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Thanks Kev and those behind the scenes.  Good luck.

Member since 2008.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

So Kev the forum will stay just with a different name... that brilliant... and I will check out the new mag
Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Magazines are dead.

Any strategies you guys can come up with for getting new blood in here that’d be good.

Good luck with your new venture.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Who gets Lucas Radbourne-Pugh ?

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Hopefully the new forum can attract more people.

442 has been dead for years now.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Was hoping the rebrand to be 433 :)

Good luck and hope you hit those new metrics better than the FFA!
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

433 would’ve been a great name.
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Also, I send bringing in new blood. It’s worrying that the best Australian forum on the internet could die off one day with no new members.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Neanderthal - 15 Aug 2018 10:01 PM
Also, I send bringing in new blood. It’s worrying that the best Australian forum on the internet could die off one day with no new members.

P&R'll fix it

Eniri
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

Best of luck to you guys on the new endeavour.  Ill be searching out the new podcast as well, I hope you get back to doing that regularly as that seems to me to be something that might take off for you.
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

Burztur - 15 Aug 2018 6:57 PM
Was hoping the rebrand to be 433 :)Good luck and hope you hit those new metrics better than the FFA!

Reading through this from the start I was going to suggest the same thing!
Very progressive name ☺
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Coverdale - 15 Aug 2018 5:01 PM
Magazines are dead. Any strategies you guys can come up with for getting new blood in here that’d be good. Good luck with your new venture.

Just saying, do you travel much ? the newsagent stands at airports still sell bucket loads of mags surprisingly and I'm one who buys 2-3 mags for flight travels whilst wifi isn't 100% available on flights.
I still enjoy reading a mag instead from the mobile etc.
Anyway, good news Kev !
Aussie run and owned I'm all for it and will follow !

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search