Anyone got kayo Sports?

Anyone got kayo Sports?

Author
GrandPappyOfFunk
Fan
Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
johnszasz - 5 Jan 2019 10:03 AM
Appears there's no Android phone app. Not showing up in my play store. Laptop will do me though. 

It's definitely on the Play Store in Aus, I downloaded it last night under "Kayo Sports" and worked well streaming to my tv through Chromecast.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Appears there's no Android phone app. Not showing up in my play store. Laptop will do me though. 

It's there . 
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 Jan 2019 9:01 PM

It's there . 

App access could be geo-blocked? Perhaps try through vpn ?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Very likely that's due to geoblocking. If you can't find it in the play store with your vpn on let me know and I can share the app to you. There's probably a link to it on the kayo site as well.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paladisious - 5 Jan 2019 10:05 PM

Very likely that's due to geoblocking. If you can't find it in the play store with your vpn on let me know and I can share the app to you. There's probably a link to it on the kayo site as well.

Iirc there is a link on the kayo website . I was using the football app today . Streaming it free on Telstra.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Cheers for the info everyone. Managed to open play store via website. App not available in country despite vpn. I plan on using my laptop and it works a treat on that. Odd though how the play store and app doesn't identify as Australia. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Kayo working fine for the pre game.
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I'm using the 14day free trail via my desktop and iPad, so far so good.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Just got Kayo.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

johnszasz - 6 Jan 2019 2:52 AM
Kayo working fine for the pre game.

What's the guide like ? How to you view the tv guide ? need a login I expect or app ...

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

highkick05 - 6 Jan 2019 6:31 PM
johnszasz - 6 Jan 2019 2:52 AM

What's the guide like ? How to you view the tv guide ? need a login I expect or app ...

So far I've searched by sport. They're squares with team names in text and the emblem as a background.

It's more going through a row of icons representing each stream. Stuff is easy to find. There's also a library of TV shows and documentaries 
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

johnszasz - 6 Jan 2019 7:43 PM
highkick05 - 6 Jan 2019 6:31 PM

So far I've searched by sport. They're squares with team names in text and the emblem as a background.

It's more going through a row of icons representing each stream. Stuff is easy to find. There's also a library of TV shows and documentaries 

sounds ok'ish . If I didn't have a gym membership I'd probably get it. That's a lot of good sport 

Boca J
Boca J
Hacker
Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)

Just joined via the trial and been testing it out...good selection of content....working well so far...hope it continues for the Socceroos match. Cheers to the original poster for posting....saves me the hassle of watching down the local sports bar.

Got my laptop hooked up to me monitor :)
Edited
5 Years Ago by Boca J
zord
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

Loving it, got access to all the football shows on fox sports like shootout and all the highlights with it.  Not to mention coverage of every other sport thats worth watching

I use to fork out $70 a month for this shit and didn't watch anything else
Edited
5 Years Ago by zord
Boca J
Boca J
Hacker
Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)

Still waiting for coverage to begin....KO is at 10 right....
zord
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

Boca J - 6 Jan 2019 9:46 PM
Still waiting for coverage to begin....KO is at 10 right....

just select fox sports 505 

I think you click on home in the menu bar and you should find it, all the pre game is on
Edited
5 Years Ago by zord
Boca J
Boca J
Hacker

Found 505....thanks man
jatz
jatz
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

Its main advantage is you get all the Fox sport stuff pretty much, but without needing to pay for other content.  

For myself, I have the fox go package, streams straight to both TVs, but the wife watches fox movies and shows.  So I couldn't drop Fox all together.  The sports package on Fox is only 4 or 5 dollars more than Kayo, but I don`t have an easy way to stream Kayo to my non android TVs.  So its not worth dropping just the sport package to save a couple of dollars.  If you only want the sports, its worth switching so you are only paying for what you want.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Mine cut out quite a few times. A refresh fixed it but I hoped not to miss anything important.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

On a free trial its not bad at all i wouldnt pay $25 a month i got optus sports on my plan and mostly i watch EPL got the Saturday HAL game on normal tv 

Most National team games are on TV otherwise

If it was like 10 a month i'd consider it or perhaps for 1 month during finals time i'd subscribe

But honestly i got no time for BBL and NBL 

NFL and NBA are nice but im working when they are on 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
5 Years Ago by Davstar
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

so is kayo worth getting if i only really football and tennis? guess might as well wait till october 
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 7 Jun 2019 12:58 PM
so is kayo worth getting if i only really football and tennis? guess might as well wait till october 

Depends what football you like, if you enjoy watching football from , France, Spain, Germany, South America, USA and African world cup qualifiers/international games then definitely. If you only want to watch A-League/Australian national teams it probably isn't worth it till at least the end of July with the FFA Cup. Their tennis coverage is pretty comprehensive I think though I have never paid too much attention to it.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 7 Jun 2019 1:08 PM
Melbcityguy - 7 Jun 2019 12:58 PM

Depends what football you like, if you enjoy watching football from , France, Spain, Germany, South America, USA and African world cup qualifiers/international games then definitely. If you only want to watch A-League/Australian national teams it probably isn't worth it till at least the end of July with the FFA Cup. Their tennis coverage is pretty comprehensive I think though I have never paid too much attention to it.

ok noticed a lot of people complaining about the stream freezing does that happen to you? 
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 7 Jun 2019 1:18 PM

ok noticed a lot of people complaining about the stream freezing does that happen to you? 

I find Kayo quite good with variety. And the on demand service is great

I find if I am streaming a game it cuts out (by choosing the game), but if I choose the channel it doesnt. So best to find out what channel the game is, and then choose it from the second last panel

For on demand, I have no problem

I have subscribed to Optus for the womens world cup but the lack of variety isnt worth $15 a month so will cancel when the tournament finishes

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'll wait till Kayo improves more imo.
For now I still have Fox so I have my AL and other key sports I'm into and Optus Sport due to last years WC but bonus ELP and the other comps CL/Europa/Internationals and obviously Matildas coming up.
OP works great from my mobile to my smart tv, cant fault it.
Kayo in its early days, once Fox keep getting this improved I just decide which covers the best for my needs.

Love Football

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

I've never had it happen to me.

TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

johnszasz - 5 Jan 2019 9:55 AM
I'm in. Used sister's number to register and it works with a VPN. Quality is HD with my laptop and internet speed. Goes to SD on occasional lag but no complaints at all. What a fantastic service. After having DAZN here, Australia now has its equivalent.

Sorry I’m a bit late to this. I also have DAZN here in Japan for all the European football leagues but really want to watch the Cricket W Cup final stages using a vpn. Will there be a prob when registering for a free trial using an obviously non Aus based credit card? I realise I’ll have to also borrow my mate’s mobile no in Oz in order to receive a code.  Any other observations on Kayo and its improvement in service over the last few months? Thanks
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Yes this happens regularly to me. Fucking amateur really.

johnnyrook
johnnyrook
Super Fan
Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)

TokyoPom - 16 Jun 2019 10:26 PM
johnszasz - 5 Jan 2019 9:55 AM

Sorry I’m a bit late to this. I also have DAZN here in Japan for all the European football leagues but really want to watch the Cricket W Cup final stages using a vpn. Will there be a prob when registering for a free trial using an obviously non Aus based credit card? I realise I’ll have to also borrow my mate’s mobile no in Oz in order to receive a code.  Any other observations on Kayo and its improvement in service over the last few months? Thanks

You should check out www.foxsportsasia.com which has the live streaming rights for the cricket world cup for most of East Asia. I've been watching it in Korea for free. Should be the same in Japan.
TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

johnnyrook - 17 Jun 2019 10:49 AM
TokyoPom - 16 Jun 2019 10:26 PM

You should check out www.foxsportsasia.com which has the live streaming rights for the cricket world cup for most of East Asia. I've been watching it in Korea for free. Should be the same in Japan.

Cheers, I owe you one! It’s working now on the pc for WI vs Bangers (not on the ipad thoughj). Streaming quality is excellent. How do you plan to view the Ashes from Korea?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search