Anyone got kayo Sports?

Anyone got kayo Sports?

Author
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just bought it last night it's fantastic.Massive amount of coverage to choose from. Pretty much everything bar the English premier league, ATM I thought I'd check out Ryan Williams for rotherham against Bristol city who have bailey wright on the bench. 
Watched the opals last night with Liz cambage. The streams are also of a very high standard.
kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

zord - 4 Jan 2019 1:40 PM
Just bought it last night it's fantastic.Massive amount of coverage to choose from. Pretty much everything bar the English premier league, ATM I thought I'd check out Ryan Williams for rotherham against Bristol city who have bailey wright on the bench. 
Watched the opals last night with Liz cambage. The streams are also of a very high standard.

have been wondering about this....is kayo owned by foxtel?? so its basically what foxsports shows? ie no epl or champions league??

id get onboard but the showstopper for me is that i have a monthly download quota.

would be great if optus could not count this to your download quota. when nbn ever arrives then i will give this serious consideration
Edited
5 Years Ago by kavorka
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

I moved from Foxtel at home to Kayo on two devices, and it is superb.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

kavorka - 4 Jan 2019 2:15 PM
zord - 4 Jan 2019 1:40 PM

have been wondering about this....is kayo owned by foxtel?? so its basically what foxsports shows? ie no epl or champions league??

id get onboard but the showstopper for me is that i have a monthly download quota.

would be great if optus could not count this to your download quota. when nbn ever arrives then i will give this serious consideration

Yes it's foxtel owned but it only shows sports so if you want to buy foxtel you can get this 
deluka
deluka
Amateur
Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)

On a free trial with my brother (live separately so two devices is perfect) and $12 a month when we decide to sign up at the conclusion of the trial.

Really great quality and would recommend, I moved to Optus a few months ago so Kayo really was the missing piece of the puzzle.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

I used kayo when my foxtel cut off . It works a treat and does  chrome cast unlike the football app . 
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I enjoy Foxtel because of the coverage of womens sports as well as mens

Does it have WBBL, W League, AFLW and NRLW? What does it have in terms of Matildas and Socceroos?

Does it have any exclusive content such as state league games?

I was thinking of dumping fox for Kayo but it depends on the variety. If its just the standard AFL, NRL, A League and BBL then it isnt worth it

Oh, and another question - does it have "on demand"? I often watch games on demand due to work schedule

Edited
5 Years Ago by bluebird
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Its basically everything you get with Foxtel sports minus the Eurosport channels. Will wait for the android app before I take a serious look.
IlGino15
IlGino15
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

On a related note. What’s happened to the coverage of the FA Cup this year. Normally ESPN do it but there is nothing leading into this weeks games on their TV guide? It’s not hard to show a few games is it? The value of Foxtel keeps decreasing!
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

IlGino15 - 4 Jan 2019 3:23 PM
On a related note. What’s happened to the coverage of the FA Cup this year. Normally ESPN do it but there is nothing leading into this weeks games on their TV guide? It’s not hard to show a few games is it? The value of Foxtel keeps decreasing!

Noone is showing the 3rd round of f.a cup. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Got the free trial but because of the unreliable internet coverage on the bellarine peninsula and top speed opticomm available it just runs really shit
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Yeah, went from paying $140 a month for Foxtel to paying $45 a month for Kayo, Optus and Netflix it is pretty much all the sport, movies and TV I need. It definitel how things are moving but it might mean broadcast rights take a hit unless their subscriptions rise dramatically.

To answer Bluebird, it definitely has W-League and Matildas and I'm pretty sure WBBL as well.

Beaten by Eldar

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

scubaroo - 4 Jan 2019 3:43 PM
Got the free trial but because of the unreliable internet coverage on the bellarine peninsula and top speed opticomm available it just runs really shit

Opticomm  is scum thank God I left the house i was renting at the start of last year. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

southmelb - 4 Jan 2019 3:08 PM
Its basically everything you get with Foxtel sports minus the Eurosport channels. Will wait for the android app before I take a serious look.

The Android app has been out for a while. Unless you mean Android TV?
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Looks awesome. Essentially the dazn for Australia. So this would work with an Australian vpn I take it? Could be my solution for the Asian Cup.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 4 Jan 2019 5:15 PM
Looks awesome. Essentially the dazn for Australia. So this would work with an Australian vpn I take it? Could be my solution for the Asian Cup.

If you have an Aussie VPN then it should work fine, in theory.

Fortunately you get a two week free trial so there's nothing to lose.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

paladisious - 4 Jan 2019 5:19 PM
johnszasz - 4 Jan 2019 5:15 PM

If you have an Aussie VPN then it should work fine, in theory.

Fortunately you get a two week free trial so there's nothing to lose.

Yeah I think so too. Their website says vpn must be disabled to access but that surely mean for those in Australia who are using a VPN for another country. I'll give it a shot.

Looks a real treat this channel. Glad those in Oz have something similar to DAZN. The ability to cancel any time is what customers seem to want these days. 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

@bluebird

Pretty much anything on Fox Sports, ESPN and beIN is on Kayo.

Also, from what I can see (it’s been one of their big selling points) is spoiler free delayed viewing (so I’m assuming on demand)

I’m waiting for an Android TV app, because I don’t really want to have to buy a chromecast just for this, when every other streaming service I use has an app on my TV
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Question.

Does Kayo have a Kodi app ??

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

highkick05 - 4 Jan 2019 7:32 PM
Question.

Does Kayo have a Kodi app ??

Unlikely given the DRM.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

zord
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

johnszasz - 4 Jan 2019 5:55 PM

Yeah I think so too. Their website says vpn must be disabled to access but that surely mean for those in Australia who are using a VPN for another country. I'll give it a shot.

Looks a real treat this channel. Glad those in Oz have something similar to DAZN. The ability to cancel any time is what customers seem to want these days. 

Just one thing, 
You may want to download the foxtel app to tell you what channel everything is on. At least at the moment they haven't organised a section for the non socceroos games at the Asian cup but they have all the fox sports channels
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

johnszasz - 4 Jan 2019 5:55 PM

In London at present and used pure pvn to watch glory v ccm via kayo.

However on related note have found that optus sometimes detects the vpn and won't play - so could kayo do the same thing?

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

BBC have become good at blocking vpn. Some vpn work and others don't. Will foxtel invest in such technology? Probably not overnight. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Damn you need an Australian mobile number to register and I've not got one. A code will be sent to the number. Not sure what happens after that. Asking my sister to obtain the code for me. 
Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Is it HD? Critical.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

I'm in. Used sister's number to register and it works with a VPN. Quality is HD with my laptop and internet speed. Goes to SD on occasional lag but no complaints at all. What a fantastic service. After having DAZN here, Australia now has its equivalent.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Appears there's no Android phone app. Not showing up in my play store. Laptop will do me though. 
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Are they showing the Asian Cup?.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Yes. Basically it’s Fox Sports only streaming plus the value add stuff that comes with streaming like mini matches, highlights and view from start.
zord
zord
Hardcore Fan

Waz - 5 Jan 2019 3:47 PM
Yes. Basically it’s Fox Sports only streaming plus the value add stuff that comes with streaming like mini matches, highlights and view from start.

You get beinsport and ESPN aswell 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search