Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
@johnsmith

100% my dogs name was Bingo 👍
Edited
5 Years Ago by NicCarBel
WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

johnsmith - 23 Jan 2019 4:40 PM
NicCarBel - 23 Jan 2019 4:38 PM

Then let's name the FFA Board members who are to blame.

I can't help think that this insidious type of TOXIC CULTURE in the FFA Board was what forced Fozzie out of running for a position on the Board.

Surely it is the FFA Board itself that has the toxic culture.

Fozzie said he dropped out because he didnt have enough support from the state bodies.  That is, the stakeholders who elect the Board.  So if he had stood he wasn't going to be elected, so he didnt stand. This is one instance where the previous Board want to blame.  Probably the only one... 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 3:51 PM
Munrubenmuz - 23 Jan 2019 3:45 PM

So we potentially have 1 disgruntled Matilda? And this is at least part of the reason they'd sack the coach.  You can bet Reid, Highwood and Lindsey all filled out their anonymous surveys.

It's a great article by Airs but I wouldn't say the position is divided along gender lines. 
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

How or why Stajcic got the top job is largely irrelevant.There are far far more male coaches than female coaches.So unless there is a gender bias process that FFA wants to implement to pick female coaches over male then logically there would be many more male applicants for a coaching job than females.
The Stajcic sacking is really an issue of whether the new FFA board wanted a female coach and therefore did what they could to remove him or there were serious issues that he was responsible for.
To date not one actual incident involving Stajcic has been tabled.Not one!Not even a sniff!
Which in this day and age of the Me Too movement ,where every one is making accusations suggests there is nothing he has done wrong.
So this is smelling like a political move.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

johnsmith - 23 Jan 2019 4:40 PM
NicCarBel - 23 Jan 2019 4:38 PM

Then let's name the FFA Board members who are to blame.

I can't help think that this insidious type of TOXIC CULTURE in the FFA Board was what forced Fozzie out of running for a position on the Board.

Surely it is the FFA Board itself that has the toxic culture.

Nailed it. We have an FFA Board where members are:
1. Confiding in the NT coach that other Board members are out to get him
2. Leaking to journalists
3. Dealing in slander and innuendo to influence public perception
4. Employing outside agencies with no thought to conflict of interest
.... yet apparently they have judged that it's the Matildas that has the 'toxic environment'.
Pot. Kettle.

Edited
5 Years Ago by clockwork orange
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Burztur - 23 Jan 2019 4:45 PM
clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 3:51 PM

It's a great article by Airs but I wouldn't say the position is divided along gender lines. 
Edited. sorry Burztur.
Yeah, but looks like all three colluded.
Sounds like Stajcic's biggest crime was to stop partners sleeping together while on football duties.
Surely Gallop must resign if even one Matilda says publicly that they did actually ask for Stajcic's reinstatement.
Where's paulc ... now that more information has come to light?

Edited
5 Years Ago by clockwork orange
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 4:51 PM
Burztur - 23 Jan 2019 4:45 PM

No, wasn't it only 25% of players who felt they were afraid to ask for help. Hence, one out of teh four who responded.

Yeah. I'm questioning the 25%. I think it was 25% of all respondents. If there were 3 Matildas, then you can't have 25% (although it makes sense if we include the Socceroos). 

If we take the 3+1 as the baseline though, it doesn't really work with the 20% of respondents felt they were improving.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Definitely less than 20%

The survey was sent out and 142 responses received. However only three of them are said to have been from Matildas, and one from a Socceroo. At least one Matilda doesn't even remember ever seeing it.

The overwhelming majority were from non-playing staff, parents and partners.

The three anonymous responses from the Matildas were apparently similar and used the trigger words like “toxic”, “misogynistic” and “bullying” which were later cited by the FFA.

Makes it sound like only 3 from 142
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Fun times at the next Matildas training session, as they try to work out which three got their much-loved coach sacked! 
I suspect the environment will get just a bit more toxic.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 5:07 PM
Fun times at the next Matildas training session, as they try to work out which three got their much-loved coach sacked! 
I suspect the environment will get just a bit more toxic.

Yup. Good one Gallop. Well played.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Maybe Melbourne City should sack Warren Joyce for dropping Fornaroli because he failed some body fat test. 
Now that's a toxic situation where a footballer has been belittled. Oh that's right I forgot he's a man. It's only offensive when it's done against a woman. 
Then again it's 2019, he could throw on a wig and claim he is a woman and his name is Belinda not Bruno and then maybe, just maybe his complaints will be taken serious. 
If Warren Joyce doesn't call Bruno Belinda then hey that's discrimination. 
Seriously fuck this world we live in. What a fucked up plastic world with one twisted weak clueless society. 
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

3 respondents out of 140, quick call the national guard and whilst we are at it, let's defame his ass!
What a joke.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Burztur - 23 Jan 2019 5:09 PM
clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 5:07 PM

Yup. Good one Gallop. Well played.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paladisious - 23 Jan 2019 6:03 PM

He should be sacked with no pay out .

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

This is the greatest gif of all time.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 23 Jan 2019 6:07 PM

The only thing that would make that better is if someone put a dance track behind it.

Member since 2008.

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

AJF - 23 Jan 2019 7:36 AM
Test_Fan - 23 Jan 2019 5:19 AM

Thats interesting, given that Gallop has stated publicly AS wasnt directly responsible for the "alleged" behaiviour, OurWatch has come out and said they didnt recommend any action against anyone, majority of FIRST TEAM players individually coming out in support and the PFA posting a thanks to AS on behalf of the Matildas for all he's done for the womens game. He certainly seems like a real monster....

Also if AS was so bad, why not sack him for gross misconduct immediately rather than paying him out 9 months notice.

All good points. I know which way I am leaning on the issue but I am on the outer so cannot know 100% if I am correct.
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

if you wrote a play with this as its premise it would be labelled a "farce" and have comedians playing the lead roles ...
Definition of a farce ...."a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations."

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

walnuts - 23 Jan 2019 9:34 AM
tsf - 23 Jan 2019 9:02 AM

I mentioned on Twitter, that is almost sounds like there are some within the Matildas setup who aren't prepared to become fully professional - I mean, skinfolds have been standard in every professional sport for the last 20+ years lol.

I'd also love to compare the environment of the Matildas to other elite women's teams such as the Opals and the Hockeyroos and see how they compare - rarely hear of those ladies complaining.

Maybe it is a case of how the results of the tests were handled.
Imagine the whole team does a skin fold test with certain requirements. One play fails and is then told stand up in front of the whole team while the coaching staff yell abuse at her. 
Or even if a player fails to meet requirements and is abused in a one on one meeting.
I have no idea whether anything like that happened but neither of these examples are acceptable.
In the later case no one but the player involved might know it happened.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Insolence followed by incompetence followed by indecision followed by indignation. $1.25 million per year.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 23 Jan 2019 6:09 PM

The only thing that would make that better is if someone put a dance track behind it.

The smug look on his face when he walks back, feigning surprise that people want to ask questions. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

Derider - 23 Jan 2019 11:10 AM
I have no problem with them being lesbians, but pursuing sexual relationships within the national football team set up does strike me as unusual and potentially unprofessional. But OK, I can see how it could happen occasionally. What concerns me is that there are apparently "several" team members hooking up with each other, which indicates major problems with discipline and team culture to me. 

Many many years ago, when I was very young I remember a women cricketer coming out and saying some thing like she was not being selected for the nation team because she was not a lesbian.
As far as I can tell there are two openly gay members of the Matilda's Heyman and Logarzo. Their might be more, including two who have been speculated as being a in a relationship, but as far as I know they could also be just two very good friends.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

Eldar - 23 Jan 2019 3:42 PM
clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 3:36 PM

I see,  so the best people for the job are always men.... doh,  it seems so obvious now. 

As a coach for the Matilda's I would say that if picked on merit there would be very little chance of a women getting the job. Not impossible but just the number of male coaches around far out number the number of female coaches so odds of finding a male coach better than any female applicant are extremely high.
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Why are people blaming Gallop for this? It's now clear as day this was the new board's agenda and orchestrated by them. And the buck also stops with them. You really are just shooting the messenger.
CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Great article by Kevin Airs!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

libel - 23 Jan 2019 7:08 PM
Why are people blaming Gallop for this? It's now clear as day this was the new board's agenda and orchestrated by them. And the buck also stops with them. You really are just shooting the messenger.

For $1.25 million per year you should be able to find someone to massage a message much better than this:

This in no way absolves whoever is responsible for this mess, but Gallop's deficiencies are manifest.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

I think people should be a lot more worried about this new board than about Gallop's delivery in this presser...
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Possibly because, while being paid $1.25m, he has chosen to destroy a man’s career through innuendo and half truths, rather than show integrity and call out those that were plotting the downfall of Stajcic for months.

libel
libel
Pro

clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 7:47 PM
Possibly because, while being paid $1.25m, he has chosen to destroy a man’s career through innuendo and half truths, rather than show integrity and call out those that were plotting the downfall of Stajcic for months.

99.9% of CEO's in his position wouldn't cut their own throat over something like this 
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

libel - 23 Jan 2019 7:53 PM
clockwork orange - 23 Jan 2019 7:47 PM

99.9% of CEO's in his position wouldn't cut their own throat over something like this 

This entire situation really doesn't make any sense. You'd think something bad must have been discovered for him to be sacked a few months before a world cup, but everything we hear seems to indicate the opposite.

It's a mess.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search