Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
fancypants
Amateur
Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
WSF - 19 Jan 2019 8:57 PM
fancypants - 19 Jan 2019 8:55 PM

Playing the dumb routine now are we, I knew it. 

I thought I'd try your personality on for size. I think it's going alright 🤙
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

A complete hard ass who demands excellence is exactly the person loser clubs like the Mariners or Roar need.

Sign him up!

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Apparently not a player-driven revolt but driven by the FFA.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/matildas/the-toxic-culture-and-hidden-issues-that-led-to-the-ffa-sacking-matildas-coach-alen-stajcic/news-story/a5d173812dba8f7fbb817473625f7ef0

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

fancypants - 19 Jan 2019 9:00 PM
WSF - 19 Jan 2019 8:57 PM

I thought I'd try your personality on for size. I think it's going alright 🤙

Lets meet up for a chat, we can discuss this further. 
fancypants
fancypants
Amateur
Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)Amateur (587 reputation)

WSF - 19 Jan 2019 9:21 PM
fancypants - 19 Jan 2019 9:00 PM

Lets meet up for a chat, we can discuss this further. 

I'll have a cappuccino.

Though I don't understand why we can't continue our discussions on a discussion forum. Do you want to fight? Are you a fascist?
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

This is just totally wrong for Stajcic to be sacked with no sensible explanation. Gallop's double-speak was totally crap.

This reeks of the total lack of process and justice seen in the #metoo movement, where someone just says something against a person, and the person is branded guilty.

This makes my blood boil.

All this confidential survey stuff violates the principle of justice where the accused has the right to speak in front of his accusers and defend himself against lies and bias. All this confidential survey stuff is total nonsense.

But this is the way society is heading, and we can all take blame for this because we are involved in organisations in Australia that are starting to operate like this, and we swallow it. So it eventually becomes the way Australians operate.

Remember, the principles of justice that were our heritage from the English common law system are not going to survive several generations who replace those bedrock principles with PC-garbage.

We let this stuff in every time society tolerates people being shafted, treated as guilty by the media, when we only hear one side of the #metoo story, and that's enough for the unthinking masses.

I would not mind if Stajcic were sacked, with good reasons give. Whereas, this way, Stajcic's reputation is ruined and he has no chance to defend himself. I cheer him on to take this to court. Hopefully he gets a fair hearing (which, these days, is not a given).
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Hear hear Johnsmith.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

This article says player load, bullying and a supposed rift between Stajcic and Gary van Egmond saw FFA pull the trigger.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-routine-review-spiralled-out-of-control-and-cost-stajcic-his-job-20190119-p50sf4.html

Boca J
Boca J
Hacker
Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)Hacker (433 reputation)

@ johnsmith

Totally agree. Unfortunately this is the common way of the workplace in Australian society these days.

I give you a personal workplace example;

Boss: someone has made a complaint about the way you spoke to a work colleague.
Me: I see. Who made the complaint ?

Boss: I’m afraid I can’t tell you that.
Me: I see. What is it I’m alleged to have said ?

Me: I see. Who was I taiking to when said person made the complaint.

Boss: Again. I’m afraid I can’t tell you that.
Me: I see. So did you ask the person I was allegedly speaking to if I offended them in any way ?

Boss: Yes. They said no, they were not offended.
Me: Right, I see. So someone, who can not be revealed, has eavesdropped on a conversation they were not involved in and made a complaint about they way I spoke to another person who says they were not offended by anything I said. Is this correct ?

Boss: Yes. That is correct.
Que crickets chirping...........

This is how non-sensical this nation has become. Say someone makes you feel ‘uncomfortable’ even if your not directly involved and your treated like feckin royalty.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Boca J
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

johnsmith - 19 Jan 2019 9:31 PM
This is just totally wrong for Stajcic to be sacked with no sensible explanation. Gallop's double-speak was totally crap.

This reeks of the total lack of process and justice seen in the #metoo movement, where someone just says something against a person, and the person is branded guilty.

All this confidential survey stuff violates the principle of justice where the accused has the right to speak in front of his accusers and defend himself against lies and bias. All this confidential survey stuff is total nonsense.

But this is the way society is heading, and we can all take blame for this because we are involved in organisations in Australia that are starting to operate like this, and we swallow it. So it eventually becomes the way Australians operate.

Remember, the principles of justice that were our heritage from the English common law system are not going to survive several generations who replace those bedrock principles with PC-garbage.

We let this stuff in every time society tolerates people being shafted, treated as guilty by the media, when we only hear one side of the #metoo story, and that's enough for the unthinking masses.

I would not mind if Stajcic were sacked, with good reasons give. Whereas, this way, Stajcic's reputation is ruined and he has no chance to defend himself. I cheer him on to take this to court. Hopefully he gets a fair hearing (which, these days, is not a given).

It seems to have SJW's fingerprints on this one, why is everyone kow towing to them suddenly?
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Hopefully the football media will demand some answers. Fox journos don’t appear to be happy about the sacking.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Jan 2019 9:57 PM
This article says player load, bullying and a supposed rift between Stajcic and Gary van Egmond saw FFA pull the trigger.https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-routine-review-spiralled-out-of-control-and-cost-stajcic-his-job-20190119-p50sf4.html

Reading that article it seems like somebody unnamed might have been acting in a way not acceptable and Stajcic has been sacked because as head coach he should have not allowed it to happen. 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

The next manager needs to befriend the players.  use that identify the ringleaders and cut them from the squad or at least bench them.  The manager is King. The players need to know that.

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Boca J well written.lol.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

johnsmith - 19 Jan 2019 9:31 PM

This where it ends up:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/act/how-fake-allegations-landed-an-innocent-man-in-jail-20190117-p50s0c.html

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

This is the mob that conducted one of the surveys.
https://www.ourwatch.org.au/

Stajcic never stood a chance as a male in a position of power.

“Our Watch has been established to drive nationwide change in the culture, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence against women and their children. Find out about our Chair, our board members and our ambassadors. “

“The Our Watch Board comprises ten directors, headed by Chair Natasha Stott Despoja AM.”

You can just imagine the questions.
“Have you witnessed the coach ever raise his voice?”
“Have you ever felt anxious before, during or after a match?”

It’s a bloody disgrace that such an agenda driven organisation was let anywhere near the Matildas. Their starting point is that if you have a male in a position of power then there will be violence against women.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

clockwork orange - 19 Jan 2019 11:07 PM
This is the mob that conducted one of the surveys. https://www.ourwatch.org.au/Stajcic never stood a chance as a male in a position of power.“Our Watch has been established to drive nationwide change in the culture, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence against women and their children. Find out about our Chair, our board members and our ambassadors. ““The Our Watch Board comprises ten directors, headed by Chair Natasha Stott Despoja AM.”You can just imagine the questions.“Have you witnessed the coach ever raise his voice?”“Have you ever felt anxious before, during or after a match?”It’s a bloody disgrace that such an agenda driven organisation was let anywhere near the Matildas. Their starting point is that if you have a male in a position of power then there will be violence against women.

hahah so true you actually hurt me in my heart when I read that. 

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Boca J - 19 Jan 2019 9:58 PM
@ johnsmith

Totally agree. Unfortunately this is the common way of the workplace in Australian society these days.

I give you a personal workplace example;

Boss: someone has made a complaint about the way you spoke to a work colleague.
Me: I see. Who made the complaint ?

Me: I see. What is it I’m alleged to have said ?

Me: I see. Who was I taiking to when said person made the complaint.

Boss: Again. I’m afraid I can’t tell you that.
Me: I see. So did you ask the person I was allegedly speaking to if I offended them in any way ?

Boss: Yes. They said no, they were not offended.
Me: Right, I see. So someone, who can not be revealed, has eavesdropped on a conversation they were not involved in and made a complaint about they way I spoke to another person who says they were not offended by anything I said. Is this correct ?

Boss: Yes. That is correct.
Que crickets chirping...........

This is how non-sensical this nation has become. Say someone makes you feel ‘uncomfortable’ even if your not directly involved and your treated like feckin royalty.

But unfortunately the complaint was made by management so your chances of defending yourself are: you're fired . 

moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/coaching-in-australian-womens-football-how-ffa-and-pfa-are-tackling-gender-inequality-in-coaching/news-story/a68b816a1ee862f161a005023b202dce

Say's it all really...
thewitness
thewitness
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

From what I’ve heard this has a fair bit to do with medical advice being ignored and players being treated differently if they have been injured.
Edited
5 Years Ago by thewitness
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

This is the mob that conducted one of the surveys. https://www.ourwatch.org.au/Stajcic never stood a chance as a male in a position of power.“Our Watch has been established to drive nationwide change in the culture, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence against women and their children. Find out about our Chair, our board members and our ambassadors. ““The Our Watch Board comprises ten directors, headed by Chair Natasha Stott Despoja AM.”You can just imagine the questions.“Have you witnessed the coach ever raise his voice?”“Have you ever felt anxious before, during or after a match?”It’s a bloody disgrace that such an agenda driven organisation was let anywhere near the Matildas. Their starting point is that if you have a male in a position of power then there will be violence against women.

Big oof

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Andreatta going from assistant to head coach?
I don't think many would pick her as the best option.
If stajcic is leaving, so should his assistants van egmond and andreatta imo.
clean slate.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

But she does have the correct number of X chromosomes to satisfy “Our Watch”.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

you hurt my feelings...

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Caroline morace would be a v good replacement, knows international football and worked in Australia for a few years

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Funarch
Funarch
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)

Yawn

Give em a kitchen and move on
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Waz - 19 Jan 2019 3:21 PM
I think you’ll find the Roar environment was quite toxic, just ask DeVere. And any of the youth kids.

Tell me more about the "youth kids"....none of us know what the whole Devere thing was about but we all knew it existed...however  I have heard nothing about the youth being in a toxic environment ?

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Utterly ridiculous. What more can you say.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Our watch certainly makes some valid points but they go way over the top in many areas. Why can't these groups learn be sensible instead of having a toxic agenda detrimental to society?

Coinciding with this Melbourne murder and the Gillette ad has seen a lot of over the top articles ridiculing the entire male population. Other reports are much more objective and rational. 

Try saying something rationally against issues in other topics and you'll get your head ripped off and risk losing your job and everything else.

A few famous Germans have come out saying this week that you just can't share an opinion that goes against the mainstream these days. I'm surprised the TV actually aired the opinions of those in the street sporting the notion.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Given the nature of the ads on youtube I'd say you are on the money. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search