Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There's a bottom line in sport - and that's winning so this bit says it all -" During his time at the helm of the Matildas, the team was always in the top 10 rankings worldwide." 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

redcup - 24 Aug 2019 11:58 AM
There's a bottom line in sport - and that's winning so this bit says it all -" During his time at the helm of the Matildas, the team was always in the top 10 rankings worldwide." 

Results mean nothing if some nutcase moral vacuum board member called Heather Reid hates you & drips bile about you to your media lapdogs.  
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 1 Jul 2019 9:51 AM
Long read but well worth it, another perspective on the whole thing & on women's football in general.   

https://ciaramccormack.com/2019/01/22/the-curious-case-of-alen-stajcic-and-the-fcked-up-world-of-elite-womens-soccer/

Wow. Amazing insight. I suppose if there is one positive to take from that, at least it show that Australian football is only as fucked up as most other countries. Clearly not a unique situation, although at national team level might be a bit unique.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

May as well make this a clearing house for Stajic stuff.  

https://thewomensgame.com/news/anger-as-review-bans-stajcic-input-530210

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 27 Aug 2019 3:51 PM
May as well make this a clearing house for Stajic stuff.  

https://thewomensgame.com/news/anger-as-review-bans-stajcic-input-530210

Phil Moss is alright. Keep asking but I’m pretty annoyed that the key decision makers haven’t been held to account.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

ErogenousZone - 23 Aug 2019 2:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECmyL9dUYAAhMrW.jpg

Well it's now the end of October & beyond. 

So besides the pay deal was this ever done? 

Yeah I didn't think so & still the scum that perpetuated this still exist at the FFA as well as their lickspittles in the media. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 6 Nov 2019 12:33 PM

Yeah I didn't think so & still the scum that perpetuated this still exist at the FFA as well as their lickspittles in the media. 

We don't know what they know...
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Funny that Stajic was the one who got sacked for objecting to the girls intimate relations with each other yet when the men have a tinder date in their rooms they are the one's that are punished.  

Classic FFA caving into double standards. 

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
ErogenousZone - 20 Nov 2019 4:07 PM
Funny that Stajic was the one who got sacked for objecting to the girls intimate relations with each other yet when the men have a tinder date in their rooms they are the one's that are punished.  

Classic FFA caving into double standards. 

Asking cause details unknown to me, how many men verse how many tinder dates and how many rooms, cause I suspect given the punishment there is a bit of juice in the story?  
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

StiflersMom - 20 Nov 2019 4:11 PM
ErogenousZone - 20 Nov 2019 4:07 PM

Asking cause details unknown to me, how many men verse how many tinder dates and how many rooms, cause I suspect given the punishment there is a bit of juice in the story?  

Looks like one lady passed around all 4 of them who made a complaint then withdrew that complaint. 

I suppose however that multiple Matilda's being intimate with each other is bad because a straight male objected to it. 

He obviously is a homophobe rather than a coach trying to maintain professional decorum so they squealed like pigs to Heather Reid who got him sacked because she is human garbage. 

I guess the Olyroos have to be held to a different standard, the double standard. 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 20 Nov 2019 4:21 PM
StiflersMom - 20 Nov 2019 4:11 PM

Looks like one lady passed around all 4 of them who made a complaint then withdrew that complaint. 

I suppose however that multiple Matilda's being intimate with each other is bad because a straight male objected to it. 

He obviously is a homophobe rather than a coach trying to maintain professional decorum so they squealed like pigs to Heather Reid who got him sacked because she is human garbage. 

I guess the Olyroos have to be held to a different standard, the double standard. 

It really is about politics isn't it?  One side of politics believes in equality as long as you're one of them.  The other side has to live in fear of losing their job or have their character assassinated in public.  Its "fair".

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 21 Nov 2019 9:44 AM
ErogenousZone - 20 Nov 2019 4:21 PM

It really is about politics isn't it?  One side of politics believes in equality as long as you're one of them.  The other side has to live in fear of losing their job or have their character assassinated in public.  Its "fair".

Christ I'm bored of this.
There is so much more to life/beliefs/politics than two distinct sides.

Social media comment sections have sucked so many people in to this belief (that there are 2 camps - that's it - we all fit in one of two).

It's disheartening that even people who are older and have lived through many political cycles find themselves parroting these comments.

Leave that shit to Americans. It's futile at best and dangerous at worst. Ultimately though, it's just a waste of your own bloody energy.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Oh look, Heather I Had To Apologise For Legal Reasons But I Didn't Mean It Reid is back to resume her director duties. 

What a fucking disgrace she wasn't kicked off the board. 

WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

The answers to points 5 and 7 above would be quite illuminating.  Particularly point 5 seems to suggest that the Board was misled.  I think that is the closest we will get to a mea culpa.

I noticed that Heather is back in a post above.  Good to see her health issues are resolved, although well before now, she was able to undertake strenuous travel to attend the WC and visit with some FIFA members in a private capacity.  I hope she paid for her own travel and accommodation, as she was on leave from the Board and only there in a private capacity.

Lastly, hopefully she has learned how to discharge her duties in a professional and appropriately collegial manner.   I still cant believe she was able to get through a very public stuff up of this magnitude.   

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

WC20182022 - 21 Nov 2019 2:06 PM

The answers to points 5 and 7 above would be quite illuminating.  Particularly point 5 seems to suggest that the Board was misled.  I think that is the closest we will get to a mea culpa.

I noticed that Heather is back in a post above.  Good to see her health issues are resolved, although well before now, she was able to undertake strenuous travel to attend the WC and visit with some FIFA members in a private capacity.  I hope she paid for her own travel and accommodation, as she was on leave from the Board and only there in a private capacity.

Lastly, hopefully she has learned how to discharge her duties in a professional and appropriately collegial manner.   I still cant believe she was able to get through a very public stuff up of this magnitude.   

Yes, we were all terribly concerned about her health issues which oddly seemed to coincide after her 'apology' & during the review (lol).  

Good to hear that she is now healthy enough to resume her spot once again coincidentially after it's all blown over & no punishment will ever be meted out. 

Now that she is back she can resume her duties as someone who has the interests of herself & herself only......ooops typo Australian football at heart. 

I'm also pleased that her lickspittles in the media whom she fed poison & who have been starving for someone to undermine during his absence will able to dutifully receive leaks from her again.   

Watch your back Ante Milicic.  
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Surely no one is surprised that they got away with it.

We will never see the contents of the surveys that sunk Stajcic. Maybe when he writes his biography.

The reason it was unreasonable to expect justice is that the system works together to tow the line. Anyone who attacks the system will be ruthlessly put down. If you read the media articles from that period, there were enough people in professional and media associations who were angry with the result, but no one person will dare fight the system. The system is too powerful.

Besides, the power holders know that the simple folk are happy with just getting bread and circuses, and they will soon forget anything that was yesterday's headline.
Edited
5 Years Ago by johnsmith
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Well looks like the garbage human board member got away with it. From this day forth I'm not going to refer to the creature that initiated this by their name.  

Your new name board member is Garbage Human. 

I hope you can continue to live to the values of your new moniker. 

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Hyundai read this thread.  

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Has anyone figured out what Heather Reid knows...
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

n i k o - 4 Feb 2020 12:44 PM
Has anyone figured out what Heather Reid knows...

She knows how to scare away a $6m p.a. sponsor. 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Go woke Go broke.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Burztur - 4 Feb 2020 7:48 PM
n i k o - 4 Feb 2020 12:44 PM

She knows how to scare away a $6m p.a. sponsor. 

And yet despite everything the Garbage Human still sits on the board.  I wonder why.   
Edited
4 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 5 Feb 2020 9:18 AM
Burztur - 4 Feb 2020 7:48 PM

And yet despite everything the Garbage Human still sits on the board.  I wonder why.   

So much for the new FFA's transparency every Lowy hater was expecting.

You reap what you sow.

In a resort somewhere

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

paulc - 5 Feb 2020 9:42 AM
ErogenousZone - 5 Feb 2020 9:18 AM

So much for the new FFA's transparency every Lowy hater was expecting.

You reap what you sow.

Who employed her? 
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

n i k o - 5 Feb 2020 12:25 PM
paulc - 5 Feb 2020 9:42 AM

Who employed her? 

Voted in as part of the new Board with 90% support. Seems they're all too happy to keep her even right now despite the controversies.

Lost opportunity by the new FFA.

In a resort somewhere

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Stajic would have known tactically on how to overcome a team that trained in a hotel room corridor from a country in a grip of pandemic.

Looks like none of you media lapdogs knew anything at all.  Chumps. 

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)

ErogenousZone - 13 Feb 2020 9:27 PM

Stajic would have known tactically on how to overcome a team that trained in a hotel room corridor from a country in a grip of pandemic.

Looks like none of you media lapdogs knew anything at all.  Chumps. 

I watched Stajic coach CCM on Sunday and now realise why Matildas got rid of him , quite simply the man can’t coach.
Dingo
Dingo
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)Hardcore Fan (197 reputation)

If Milisic had watched SBS The World Game TWGLive show yesterday he would've got a tip from someone who played against China in a friendly 4-5 weeks ago and beat them 1 nil, but all i can say is good luck to the Aleague team that gets him, cause not rated as a coach for my liking.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Dingo
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

notarobot - 13 Feb 2020 9:36 PM
ErogenousZone - 13 Feb 2020 9:27 PM

I watched Stajic coach CCM on Sunday and now realise why Matildas got rid of him , quite simply the man can’t coach.

The blokes doing a lot better then the last 3, at least the're pushing the goalkeeper.
Can't help the stock ie Miller and clisby
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Dingo - 13 Feb 2020 11:25 PM
If Milisic had watched SBS The World Game TWGLive show yesterday he would've got a tip from someone who played against China in a friendly 4-5 weeks ago and beat them 1 nil, but all i can say is good luck to the Aleague team that gets him, cause not rated as a coach for my liking.

He's dead in the water, not even the CCM will take him
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search