Sunderland - til I die

Sunderland - til I die

Author
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
On Netflex.
Just finished season 1 and enjoyed it.
If you like the aspects of running a club then I would suggest you check it out.
Even though I only coach juniors I could relate to a lot of the behind scenes issues.
Hope there is a season 2.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It’s excellent. Have a look at the Bobby Robson one too. Great lessons in individual player management/coaching in there too.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I hope Sunderland fold and disappear from football forever. It's fucking disgusting that you even posted about them in AUSTRALIAN football
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

i was thinking of checking it out but i support middlesbrough so might be a bit hard 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

walnuts - 21 Jan 2019 1:36 PM
I hope Sunderland fold and disappear from football forever. It's fucking disgusting that you even posted about them in AUSTRALIAN football

Hey I never say I was a supporter. Just enjoyed the series and the behind the scenes issues.
It would be good if the series followed a different team each season. For example following the Wolves move into the EPL this season would have been interesting.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Iknowbest - 21 Jan 2019 1:40 PM
walnuts - 21 Jan 2019 1:36 PM

Hey I never say I was a supporter. Just enjoyed the series and the behind the scenes issues.

It's not fucking Australian Football though, is it champ? Fuck off out of here with that horseshit.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

walnuts - 21 Jan 2019 1:43 PM

It's not fucking Australian Football though, is it champ? Fuck off out of here with that horseshit.

to his defence Tom Beadling had a trial with sunderland so kinda relevant 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

I forgot your a bloody Geordie 😂😂😂
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Think it relates to the situation we would have at CCM and Roar if there was relegation. A good insight for everybody here.

The series is interesting because it is about the inner workings of a footbball club. The actual football club is not that important. You watch it and think about how it relates to your club on many issues. We are never going to get this kind of series made on an Australian team.
So when you watch it - relate it to your team (club or A league) and what the impact would be if promotion / relegation were introduced here.
It is therefore very relevant - so long as we do not make the thread about Sunderland Football Club.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Iknowbest
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Great series couldn’t stop watching it once I started.
Really shows the roller coaster of emotions you get with a relegation battle
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

aussie pride - 21 Jan 2019 3:23 PM
Great series couldn’t stop watching it once I started.Really shows the roller coaster of emotions you get with a relegation battle

Not sure if teams in Australia are ready to survive the impacts of relegation.
I am all for more than one division. I like the idea of pro / relegation.
But after watching this series I think we are not ready for it here.

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I love watching these kind of things. I also hope they are creating season 2. I might stop keeping track of League 1 results so no spoilers.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

vanlassen - 21 Jan 2019 3:42 PM
I love watching these kind of things. I also hope they are creating season 2. I might stop keeping track of League 1 results so no spoilers.

Season 2 is a similar story me thinks. It's season 3 which is a TBC
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I thought they got relegated at the end of season 1. I watched it all the way through over two nights. I thought there was only one season
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Melbcityguy - 21 Jan 2019 1:38 PM
i was thinking of checking it out but i support middlesbrough so might be a bit hard 

Speaking as a Sunderland fan, born and raised, I'd say it would be a lot more fun to watch as a Boro fan than as a Sunderland one!
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

vanlassen - 21 Jan 2019 3:53 PM
I thought they got relegated at the end of season 1. I watched it all the way through over two nights. I thought there was only one season

Correct.  They were planning on making a season 2, not sure if the new owners have agreed to it or not.  They are excellent at public relations, so I suspect they will want the cameras around.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

Iknowbest - 21 Jan 2019 3:30 PM
aussie pride - 21 Jan 2019 3:23 PM

Not sure if teams in Australia are ready to survive the impacts of relegation.
I am all for more than one division. I like the idea of pro / relegation.
But after watching this series I think we are not ready for it here.

Sunderland's problem wasn't relegation, it was horrific overspending and terrible decision making for a decade before relegation.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

It's only one season but there is ongoing material for a 2nd and 3rd 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

Waz - 21 Jan 2019 1:34 PM
It’s excellent. Have a look at the Bobby Robson one too. Great lessons in individual player management/coaching in there too.

Yep - the Bobby Robson one is quality.  As a general rule I hate anything relating to Newcastle, but Bobby was always a class act.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

Burztur - 21 Jan 2019 4:46 PM

It's only one season but there is ongoing material for a 2nd and 3rd 

If you search youtube you can find a prequel series, of sorts, 'Premier Passions' which followed Sunderland in the 96/97 Premier League season (also a bit of a disaster).
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Benjamin - 21 Jan 2019 4:46 PM
Iknowbest - 21 Jan 2019 3:30 PM

Sunderland's problem wasn't relegation, it was horrific overspending and terrible decision making for a decade before relegation.

Overspending is understatement. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yer watched the complete series around Christmas time, great background insight, sad at times.
The Bobby one was brilliant as well - what a career you have to admire.

Love Football

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

An interesting follow up to the "Sunderland 'Til I Die" series...

The club has been taken over this week by an American consortium including Michael Dell (the man behind Dell computers).  The poorest of the four new owners is described as a multi-billionaire.  I'm not getting over-excited, because it was an American billionaire who got us into all that bother in the first place, however...

The reason the American consortium decided to buy into the club was (allegedly) the passion they saw from the supporters on the Netflix show.  So crying in public has some benefits.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Thanks Ben, promising news re the new owners, touch wood they have intentions like FSG have done with LFC and there for the long run......
I miss many of the ol Div 1 clubs I grew up watching in the top flight but as we know its all about deep pockets being there.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search