Ist Test Aus v Sri Lanka

Ist Test Aus v Sri Lanka

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Brew - 26 Jan 2019 6:07 PM
We’ve won a Test!

Yeehahh. Our first since when.....?
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 27 Jan 2019 12:47 PM
Brew - 26 Jan 2019 6:07 PM

Yeehahh. Our first since when.....?

A month ago
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 27 Jan 2019 11:14 AM
Decentric - 26 Jan 2019 4:40 PM

You keep maintaining Tremain is a "plodder"  Does this speak of plodding. He has earned his chance.
Most wickets
PlayerMatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR510
CP Tremain1020349.4831075517/8210/14321.073.0741.121
(Victoria)

After seeing him at Bellerive against Tassie and particularly Sri Lanka, yes, Tremain is a plodder.

Lakbal, the Sri Lankan, who bowls 129-130 kph, really swings the ball in comparison.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

City Sam - 27 Jan 2019 1:10 PM
baggygreenmania - 27 Jan 2019 12:47 PM

A month ago

Of course third Indian test. Then we went pear shaped. Bloody Melbourne is a jinx match for us. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 27 Jan 2019 1:31 PM
baggygreenmania - 27 Jan 2019 11:14 AM

After seeing him at Bellerive against Tassie and particularly Sri Lanka, yes, Tremain is a plodder.

Lakbal, the Sri Lankan, who bowls 129-130 kph, really swings the ball in comparison.

DC I have seen Tremain's speeds. He regularly averages 135/139kph. That is not plodding speed. You are comparing a bloke who bowls regular pace speed against one who bowls express speed. They are all too rare..not necessarily better. We may have to agree to disagree over this one. Not often we do.  My question is why did CA bring Tremain into this squad and then send him back to other forms. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 27 Jan 2019 3:05 PM
Decentric - 27 Jan 2019 1:31 PM

DC I have seen Tremain's speeds. He regularly averages 135/139kph. That is not plodding speed. You are comparing a bloke who bowls regular pace speed against one who bowls express speed. They are all too rare..not necessarily better. We may have to agree to disagree over this one. Not often we do.  My question is why did CA bring Tremain into this squad and then send him back to other forms. 

Wow!

The speed gun doesn't lie.

The SL batters seemed to have a lot of time to play shots against him, and most of his balls hit the middle of the bat. Neser's bowling  caused more hasty and uncomfortable shots.
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

Decentric - 26 Jan 2019 6:16 PM
I might be biased, but the last wicket was a superb stumping from Paine. He is one of the best keepers in the world and emerging as a terrific Test captain, even though he brings on the spinner too early for Baggers’ liking!

Gday DC,
Paine will never - never be a good test captain.
He has won against a side that makes test cricket a joke.
My dog Scruf could go out there, captain against Sri Lanka and win.
The sooner Smith qualifies to captain & takes over the sooner we can start winning against quality opposition.
Do agree I think he is a great keeper - just let him keep.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

jaszyjim - 28 Jan 2019 9:14 AM
Decentric - 26 Jan 2019 6:16 PM

Gday DC,
Paine will never - never be a good test captain.
He has won against a side that makes test cricket a joke.
My dog Scruf could go out there, captain against Sri Lanka and win.
The sooner Smith qualifies to captain & takes over the sooner we can start winning against quality opposition.
Do agree I think he is a great keeper - just let him keep.

One can only beat the opposition  in front of them.

Robert Craddock wrote an article in the Murdoch press about what a good captain he is.

Smith doesn't have the maturity or body language to take over whilst Paine is doing the job.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 29 Jan 2019 8:42 AM
jaszyjim - 28 Jan 2019 9:14 AM

One can only beat the opposition  in front of them.

Robert Craddock wrote an article in the Murdoch press about what a good captain he is.

Smith doesn't have the maturity or body language to take over whilst Paine is doing the job.

DC I read the same article. Expect TF that Robert Craddock knows something about the sport of cricket.. is one of the most respected cricket writers in this country.

Give Tim the job as long as he wants it. I loved Langer's description of him.. the "tuffest pretty boy he has seen". When Smith is again allowed to coach give him the deputy reins and he can watch a true professional at close hand.

Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 29 Jan 2019 9:36 AM
Decentric - 29 Jan 2019 8:42 AM

DC I read the same article. Expect TF that Robert Craddock knows something about the sport of cricket.. is one of the most respected cricket writers in this country.

Give Tim the job as long as he wants it. I loved Langer's description of him.. the "tuffest pretty boy he has seen". When Smith is again allowed to coach give him the deputy reins and he can watch a true professional at close hand.

Hmmm. Craddock works for Fox who just spent over a billion dollars buying cricket... they need to sell some Cricket signups to Foxtel somehow...

I think Paine is a good player, and a funny sort who is good for the culture of the team. Tactically - I am undecided as I have not watched enough.

But I was astounded when he brought Lyon on early instead of Cummins with Richardson. Astounded.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search