Ist Test Aus v Sri Lanka

Ist Test Aus v Sri Lanka

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm assuming this Test is in Brisbane?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
why labu over puckovski? :(
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

grazorblade - 24 Jan 2019 2:10 AM

Because it is the right decision.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

grazorblade - 24 Jan 2019 2:10 AM

I too would have bitten the bullet and tossed the kid into the cauldron. 

Burns is the lucky one. I suppose his decent Shield record got him there.. as it should. But the pressure is well and truly on him now to perform against the new ball. Perform or perish with Renshaw breathing down his neck.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 23 Jan 2019 11:58 PM
I'm assuming this Test is in Brisbane?

No DC  the match has been moved to Bellerive just so you can see it live.:P
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Can Australia salvage some pride after the shellacking we took from India? A good start has been made with two of three squad members debuting. Would also have liked to see the baby of the squad..Will Pucovski make his debut. If you are going to bring someone into the cauldron of Test cricket what better time than against an opposition that is no longer strong without their retired greats.
Edited
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 9:30 AM
Can Australia salvage some pride after the shellacking we took from India? A good start has been made with two of three squad members debuting. Would also have liked to see the baby of the squad..Will Pucovski make his debut. If you are going to bring someone into the cauldron of Test cricket what better time than against an opposition that is no longer strong without their retired greats.

A better time would be not dropping him into this negative and shambolic Australian team. I'd wait till Smith comes back so we don't actively need to rely on him and heap pressure onto him.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

City Sam - 24 Jan 2019 12:03 PM

A better time would be not dropping him into this negative and shambolic Australian team. I'd wait till Smith comes back so we don't actively need to rely on him and heap pressure onto him.

Fair point.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Toss coming up. Pitch whisperer Phil Tuffnell?  says "win toss and bat.. this is a belter"

I want Paine to send the Lankans in as we want first use of the swinging dusk conditions when the pink ball suddenly starts hooping. Add the movement in the air to the pace and bounce in the pitch and we can put this rather inexperienced Lankans outfit under immense pressure. I also wanna see our quicks hammer them with the short ball in the first session. Ruffle their feathers as tho to say "welcome to Australia. we are not going to allow you to win your first match let alone your first series on our soil".
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Sri Lanka will bat first
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 1:26 PM
Toss coming up. Pitch whisperer Phil Tuffnell?  says "win toss and bat.. this is a belter"

I want Paine to send the Lankans in as we want first use of the swinging dusk conditions when the pink ball suddenly starts hooping. Add the movement in the air to the pace and bounce in the pitch and we can put this rather inexperienced Lankans outfit under immense pressure. I also wanna see our quicks hammer them with the short ball in the first session. Ruffle their feathers as tho to say "welcome to Australia. we are not going to allow you to win your first match let alone your first series on our soil".

Mike Hussey hands Patterson his BaggyGreen.. while Fleming does likewise to Jhye Richardson.

Paine loses yet another toss. Chandimal batting first. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 1:34 PM
baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 1:26 PM

Mike Hussey hands Patterson his BaggyGreen.. while Fleming does likewise to Jhye Richardson.

Paine loses yet another toss. Chandimal batting first. 

I have often wondered why QLD does not have daylite saving? 

As I see it Starc is the quick under the most pressure. He was moderate at best in India series.. Needs a turn around in form to be ensured a plane seat to England.
Edited
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Im so sick of people calling Burns "lucky" or "under pressure". Hes the form opener in the country and if anything its taken too long for him to be selected (should have opened instead of Finch and arguably been picked ahead of Harris). Hes average 52 in the last year and a half of shield and high forties for the last 3 seasons. On sheild form hes one of the first names in the side at the moment. Hes also one of the few batsmen in the team with a career FC over 40

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
5 Years Ago by RedKat
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Did not catch the name of the singer of our National Anthem. Powerful voice. Very moving.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

RedKat - 24 Jan 2019 1:57 PM
Im so sick of people calling Burns "lucky" or "under pressure". Hes the form opener in the country and if anything its taken too long for him to be selected (should have opened instead of Finch and arguably been picked ahead of Harris). Hes average 52 in the last year and a half of shield and high forties for the last 3 seasons. On sheild form hes one of the first names in the side at the moment

I am one of those saying Joe is under pressure. I also said he deserved his recall as Shield form should be rewarded. The reason I see him under pressure is his loose technique against the moving new ball. I do not think he is an opener. Prefer he batted #5 or #6.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

How thrilled would Richardson be feeling opening the attack for his country on his debut. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 2:10 PM
How thrilled would Richardson be feeling opening the attack for his country on his debut. 

I'm disappointed in his pace, Baggers.

A few balls haven't been recorded on the speed gun, but Richardson has only bowled 134 - 137 kph. I've seen him recorded at 140 kph in Mickey Mouse cricket.

We could have had Meredith bowling outswingers at 10 kph faster!

Notwithstanding, his outswingers look very good with the new ball. It will be interesting to see how Richardson bowls with an older ball.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Im so sick of people calling Burns "lucky" or "under pressure". Hes the form opener in the country and if anything its taken too long for him to be selected (should have opened instead of Finch and arguably been picked ahead of Harris). Hes average 52 in the last year and a half of shield and high forties for the last 3 seasons. On sheild form hes one of the first names in the side at the moment. Hes also one of the few batsmen in the team with a career FC over 40

Having just seen him fail at Bellerive, live, in two successive innings on a pitch which Patterson made look benign, I can't agree with you, Red Kat.

Plenty of balls beat his outside edge too in both innings.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Decentric - 24 Jan 2019 2:22 PM
baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 2:10 PM

I'm disappointed in his pace, Baggers.

A few balls haven't been recorded on the speed gun, but Richardson has only bowled 134 - 137 kph. I've seen him recorded at 140 kph in Mickey Mouse cricket.

We could have had Meredith bowling outswingers at 10 kph faster!

Notwithstanding, his outswingers look very good with the new ball. It will be interesting to see how Richardson bowls with an older ball.

He just bowled one at 139 kph.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Decentric - 24 Jan 2019 2:25 PM

Having just seen him fail at Bellerive, live, in two successive innings on a pitch which Patterson made look benign, I can't agree with you, Red Kat.

Plenty of balls beat his outside edge too in both innings.

Lucky people don't determine form or pick players based on 1 test.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

City Sam - 24 Jan 2019 12:03 PM

I disagree after seeing him bat at Bellerive, live.

Apart from playing short balls, he is currently the most assured batter we have.

I think we should  play Puck against an attack he looked composed in his second innings and against a team he has already played against.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 24 Jan 2019 2:26 PM
Decentric - 24 Jan 2019 2:22 PM

He just bowled one at 139 kph.

He has the ability to crank it even faster DC. Perhaps just settling into his spell mate. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Cummins get the break through. What a special player hes becoming

ARNIE= LEGEND

Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Nice edge Cummins!

Sri Lanka 1-27.
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Go Richardson, his first test wicket!

Sri Lanka are 2-31.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 24 Jan 2019 2:32 PM
Decentric - 24 Jan 2019 2:26 PM

He has the ability to crank it even faster DC. Perhaps just settling into his spell mate. 

I'm not sure he has that capacity, Baggers.

The only ones in Austrlaia who do are Starc, Meredith  and Stanlake. The latter can  bowl more than a few overs in Mickey Mouse cricket though.

I think it is a case that the selectors haven't seen enough of  Meredith in the last few weeks.

Others are mooted because of their  figures a lot, which carry weighting. However, I've seen some prospective players live in the last few weeks, and class ( supported by experts) can be identified. 

Pucoski, Meredith and Michael Neser have more ability than some players with better figures achieved at a lower level - Sheffield Shield. For mine all should be in this  Test team.

For the record I'd have Richardson instead of Hazlewood anyway, given the latter's poor Test figures over the last year.

Good on the West Aussie for taking a wicket!
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

I really dont get this...

Ball less that 15 overs old and Lyon having to bowl...

Starc and Cummins have only done 4 overs...

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 24 Jan 2019 3:19 PM
I really dont get this...

Ball less that 15 overs old and Lyon having to bowl...

Starc and Cummins have only done 4 overs...

This is one aspect where I have a problem with Tim. Gets the spinner on too early. The quicks are going well. Ball is still hard. Bowl em.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

RedKat - 24 Jan 2019 2:53 PM
Cummins get the break through. What a special player hes becoming

Yes and Starc continues going backwards. Is this third Test on the trot where he has failed to take a wicket in his opening spell?
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star

In the last 5 tests Sri Lanka have played abroad against Windies and Kiwis, they’ve only averaged 210 in the first innings of games.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search