Western United target Phoenix duo

Western United target Phoenix duo

Author
dr. bellows
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Western United are targeting the signatures of Wellington Phoenix pair David Williams and Filip Kurto.

The new A-League club has already announced Panagiotis Kone, Josh Risdon, Connor Chapman and Aaron Calver as their first signings.John Anastasiadis and John Hutchinson have been appointed as the franchise’s assistant coaches. But The World Game understands United are keen to lure forward Williams and goalkeeper Kurto across the Tasman.
The Victorian club’s new head coach, believed to be Phoenix boss Mark Rudan, wants to bring the duo with him.
Williams is off-contract at the end of this season, after signing a one-year deal when he left Haladas, and as a free agent would be free to join Western United. The well-travelled former Socceroo, who has played in Denmark and Hungary, has recaptured his best form under the coaching of Rudan in New Zealand in the past six months. Williams has started all but one of Wellington’s A-League games this season. The 31-year-old, who can play up front or one either wings, has banged in seven goals from 20 appearances for the much-improved Phoenix, and has two caps for the Socceroos. Polish keeper Kurto joined Wellington on a one-year contract from Dutch outfit Roda JC Kerkrade in July last year, and is also set to leave the Phoenix at the end of the 2018-19 campaign. The 27-year-old, who has represented his country at junior international level, has impressed in New Zealand. Kurto has made 19 appearances in the A-League, notching five clean sheets. The shot-stopper leads the competition for saves with 78. Central Coast Mariners keeper Ben Kennedy is second with 70. Earlier this month, reports linked Kurto with interest from European clubs. “I really enjoy it here. The level of the league and the team, it's very good. [Wellington] is really good, it's really calm which is what I like.” Kurto told reporters.Rudan has declined to commit to Wellington for next season, despite having a year left on his contract with the club. The 43-year-old has also said publicly he won’t be with the Phoenix next year unless his Sydney-based family relocates to New Zealand.
"My family is the big one," Rudan told Radio Sport. "They are first and foremost. I have struggled to live without them. We have had discussion about it, but I've made a decision that my family has to be with me. “It's not going to be a come and go situation. It just doesn't work. My boys need me, I need them as well. The club are working hard to try and improve the situation."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/western-united-target-wellington-duo

In a counter-attaking side, I really rate Williams. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Kurto signed a two year deal...

Another shit article by SBS.
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

sub007 - 14 Mar 2019 9:17 PM
Kurto signed a two year deal...

Another shit article by SBS.

Kurto is on a one year deal and the Phoenix were after Marinovic but I think if Kurto goes it  be over seas.

Rumors are that Rudan's staying, he's certain talking about building the team for coming years with the resigning of key players.

nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The Williams deal is all but done, It will be Sail the goes not Kurto to WU,

Wellington Phoenix FC

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

RyanM - 14 Mar 2019 9:25 PM
sub007 - 14 Mar 2019 9:17 PM

Kurto is on a one year deal and the Phoenix were after Marinovic but I think if Kurto goes it  be over seas.

Rumors are that Rudan's staying, he's certain talking about building the team for coming years with the resigning of key players.

Two year deal according to wiki and I remember articles from when he signed also mentioning that as well.

Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Williams is pretty over-rated and he is 30...the recycling of players continues...

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I really rate Kurto. Good signing if it happens.
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

sub007 - 14 Mar 2019 9:40 PM
RyanM - 14 Mar 2019 9:25 PM

Two year deal according to wiki and I remember articles from when he signed also mentioning that as well.

That's wrong, the club clarified its one year just a week or two ago.

apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Davstar - 14 Mar 2019 9:49 PM
Williams is pretty over-rated and he is 30...the recycling of players continues...

He's scored 7 goals this season, wouldnt say he is over rated, he has fulfilled his role required this season
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

They should just magically invent more Australian players and sign them imo
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 6:02 AM

They should just magically invent more Australian players and sign them imo

I think along similar lines whenever someone rolls out the "recycling of players" bandwagon, laughable. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

"Recycling" just looks worse in the HAL since we don't have longer term contracts and its usually 1-2 year deals
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Geez they've done some real good scouting so far.........
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

StiflersMom - 15 Mar 2019 6:53 AM
jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 6:02 AM

I think along similar lines whenever someone rolls out the "recycling of players" bandwagon, laughable. 

In that case, let's curb expansion as there are not enough players to fill new teams. 
Cmon-Nix
Cmon-Nix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

This is a factually incorrect article.

Williams has started all but one of Wellington’s A-League games this season.

He was coming off the bench for Burns earlier in the season.
He was coming off the bench for Burns earlier in the season
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search