Macarthur FC

Macarthur FC

Author
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
HeyItsRobbie - 15 May 2019 11:20 AM
aok - 15 May 2019 11:11 AM

They are the commonwealth stars. 

Commonwealth stars are meant to say they are from Australia and not to say they won championships

Lucky they included the stars to signify they were from Australia, otherwise I may have mistaken them for a Botswanian team. 
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

aok - 15 May 2019 11:31 AM
HeyItsRobbie - 15 May 2019 11:20 AM

Lucky they included the stars to signify they were from Australia, otherwise I may have mistaken them for a Botswanian team. 

ok maybe it doesnt literally say they're from Australia in writing, but we have the star on our flag so its kinda synonymous with Australia right?

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

The stars on our flag and the stars in a football emblem mean different things
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

Burztur - 15 May 2019 12:23 PM
The stars on our flag and the stars in a football emblem mean different things

There's a difference between the commonwealth star and a championship winners star

I should also point out that Sydney FC also has the commonwealth star on their logo

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 15 May 2019 12:14 PM

ok maybe it doesnt literally say they're from Australia in writing, but we have the star on our flag so its kinda synonymous with Australia right?

I was joking on both posts.  Logo looks good, would look better without the stars. 
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I think the stars are meant to show the bull is snorting.
saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

A.Haak - 15 May 2019 10:45 AM
saweston - 15 May 2019 10:12 AM

Thanks for giving your opinion; I gave mine - which is usually what a forum is used for.

I think it's needlessly complicated; there are unneeded lines and cuts which won't show up properly in most reproductions of the logo anyway.

In terms of structure, it's not bad.

True, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. 
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

aok - 15 May 2019 12:47 PM

I was joking on both posts.  Logo looks good, would look better without the stars. 

sorry i didnt see the sarcasm. i would say just 1 commonwealth star would be enough, not 3. anyway we'll have to see what they say tonight

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Timmo - 15 May 2019 11:28 AM
Melbcityguy - 15 May 2019 9:44 AM

If this is what they are going with then surely the walkout song will be Sirius by the Allen Parsons Project.

I was watching Austin Power's with my young kids the other week & when the Allen Parson's bit came on I had to explain all about the Allen Parson's Project, who they are etc.  They still looked at me blankly.  

No old man music at the grounds please.    :D 
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

https://www.macarthurfc.com.au

Name and colours are good, I also like how “Bulls” isn’t in writing, Logo isn’t horrible. I think this team will do well.

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Iridium1010 - 15 May 2019 1:22 PM

Name and colours are good, I also like how “Bulls” isn’t in writing, Logo isn’t horrible. I think this team will do well.

very happy now that its confirmed. i agree, the colours are great

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

They have a huge catchment area, they're going to be Wanderers size is my prediction. 
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

We are loyal, tribal, proud, hard working, and inclusive.

Our bull demonstrates our physical power and our club name is strong, stable and synonymous to our region.

The three stars of the Southern Cross represent our connection as Australians and symbolise our links through Football - Community, NPL and A-League, each equally important.

Our club name, bull and three stars are enclosed, embodying our association partners, our community and our vision - with strength and endurance.

The black and white represents people from every culture and the touches of ochre pay homage to the Dharawal heritage.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The game against Wanderers should be banging.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

The CEO is Italian,  therefore the 3 stars are Juventus's 30 title wins.  The black & white is also Juventus.  

Therefore it's an Italian club.  

:D 

Edited
5 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Feed_The_Brox - 15 May 2019 11:24 AM
i like it.

HeyItsRobbie - 15 May 2019 10:22 AM

looks like gold to me. 

its ochre just to clarify ;)

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Someone suggested AFC Macarthur a while back, and that was always my preferred choice. 

Still a good logo and a solid team name - just not a fan of the stars. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The colours are nice as well - would love to see something like LAFC's kit in the league. 

Image result for lafc kit

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

will people from wollongong follow mcarthur fc? 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 15 May 2019 1:25 PM

They have a huge catchment area, they're going to be Wanderers size is my prediction. 

7000 per game?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

im pretty curious to how they'll handle the colours because black would be too hot to use as a primary colour so i would stick with the white shirt and have black patterns on them

im not sure about both black and ochre being the away colours cos we dont want to look like brisbane roar

i wonder if they'll choose a whole new colour to use as an away kit

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 15 May 2019 1:48 PM
im pretty curious to how they'll handle the colours because black would be too hot to use as a primary colour so i would stick with the white shirt and have black patterns on them

im not sure about both black and ochre being the away colours cos we dont want to look like brisbane roar

I'd go white shirt black shorts with gold trimming. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

It's more of a sky thing tbh
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 15 May 2019 1:48 PM

I'd go white shirt black shorts with gold trimming. 

the ideal home kit really

i wonder if they'll experiment with the away kit. claret with ochre sleeves and black shorts with ochre trimming and claret socks

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Fabric is less than a mm thick and has almost no thermal mass to speak of. Black isn't going to be any hotter than any other colour.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

I think that with the lightweight breathable fabrics they use now black wouldn't be a problem .
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Gyfox - 15 May 2019 1:54 PM

I think that with the lightweight breathable fabrics they use now black wouldn't be a problem .

then all options are available now :)

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

More plastic bullshit.

Hurry up with the A2.  Over this garbage.

Member since 2008.

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 15 May 2019 2:05 PM
More plastic bullshit.

Hurry up with the A2.  Over this garbage.

this is australia, of course everything is plastic.

embrace your inner plasticness

Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

That’s really quite nice. The colour combination is not used by any other major sporting team in Sydney either, so it’ll stand out well.

options with the colours too - they could go with vertical black and white stripes or an all white kit with black and/or gold trims. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search