Australia V England World Cup

Australia V England World Cup

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
every player has performed their role in this team

ideally I'd love maxwell averaging 60 at a strike rate of 200 like he did last world cup but he's going at just over 30 at a strike rate of 200 which is his job. Carey has been similar at the death as well which has been a real delight

Only 2 things need to improve for us to be firing on all cylinders

Stoinis' batting and Carey's keeping. 

Stoinis doesn't have to be a maxwell but if he can consistently get 30 odd off 25 odd that would take the team to another level
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

as a former bowler I'm thrilled to see england's approach fail and hopefully fail them out of the tournament

lesson learnt: value your bowlers and pick your best 4!
TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

grazorblade - 26 Jun 2019 4:44 AM
as a former bowler I'm thrilled to see england's approach fail and hopefully fail them out of the tournament

lesson learnt: value your bowlers and pick your best 4!

Lesson learnt: should have hit the sack earlier :-(

Half of England’s team deserve the sack
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Good win to Australia!

England fought back quite well after being 3-25.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

what a good win and even better on their home turf :)
I watched the start of our 2nd innings, wow our bowling was in the zone.
Loved Behrendorff's inswinger taking Vince ! followed by Starc's LB of Root !
What a platform that set.

Love Football

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

LFC. - 26 Jun 2019 9:27 AM

Smacked those Poms. 

Master stroke picking the two left armers. Have always rated Behrendorff.

Grazor have not watched a lot of this WC.. what is wrong with Carey's keeping?
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

TokyoPom - 26 Jun 2019 6:17 AM
grazorblade - 26 Jun 2019 4:44 AM

Lesson learnt: should have hit the sack earlier :-(

Half of England’s team deserve the sack

English fan?

They could still win if they make the semi's

its only a 2 game knockout which helps a crash or burn team like england
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

baggygreenmania - 26 Jun 2019 10:35 AM

Smacked those Poms. 

Master stroke picking the two left armers. Have always rated Behrendorff.

Grazor have not watched a lot of this WC.. what is wrong with Carey's keeping?

missed stumpings, dropped catches, savable byes

its been a rare blemish on the team along with Stoinis' batting

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Decentric - 26 Jun 2019 9:12 AM
Good win to Australia!

England fought back quite well after being 3-25.

to be fair we bowled out our lesser bowlers as soon as we had them in trouble. It may have made the victory margin smaller but also made the victory more assured!
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

grazorblade - 26 Jun 2019 11:29 AM
Decentric - 26 Jun 2019 9:12 AM

to be fair we bowled out our lesser bowlers as soon as we had them in trouble. It may have made the victory margin smaller but also made the victory more assured!

Gday all,
jaszyjim - We won.
No summary as I just spent an hour writing it, when I went to post it
internet died and lost same.
TokyoPom
TokyoPom
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

grazorblade - 26 Jun 2019 11:27 AM
TokyoPom - 26 Jun 2019 6:17 AM

English fan?

They could still win if they make the semi's

Aye, the clue is in the name.

India will be tough on their home ground in Birmingham, I guess the Kiwis might not be that ar sed in the last game having secured qualification...
Not holding my breath though.

Finchy to get back in the Test squad with the Ashes coming up?

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

TokyoPom - 26 Jun 2019 5:04 PM
grazorblade - 26 Jun 2019 11:27 AM

Aye, the clue is in the name.

India will be tough on their home ground in Birmingham, I guess the Kiwis might not be that ar sed in the last game having secured qualification...
Not holding my breath though.

Finchy to get back in the Test squad with the Ashes coming up?

Finch  struggled with slips slips in Test cricket. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Watched that too, but England fought back. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search