Australia's statistical dominance this world cup

Australia's statistical dominance this world cup

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
2 games left in the group stage and look at some of the individual performances

1. Highest runscorer: Warner (500)
2. 2nd highest runscorer: Finch (497)
3. Highest wicket taker: Starc (19)
4. Highest strike rate: Maxwell (200)

Cummins and Smith have also been dominant. Some great performances with the bat from Carey and NCN as well as a great performance with the ball from the dorf. Khawaja's bat and Stoinis' ball have also chipped in. Lots of room for improvement but whats been done is incredible
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Jun 2019 7:14 AM

Cummins and Smith have also been dominant. Some great performances with the bat from Carey and NCN as well as a great performance with the ball from the dorf. Khawaja's bat and Stoinis' ball have also chipped in. Lots of room for improvement but whats been done is incredible

Gday gb,
jaszyjim - I chuckled  that you included Maxwell - high strike rate but gets out cheaply. Failed against England with both bat & ball.
Fortunately I think the team now being selected & the batting order is very strong, as your stats above show.
For all those Maxwell believers, time to take off your rose coloured glasses & look at what he is actually doing now.
His eye hand coordination is no longer able to compensate for no footwork against quality quick bowling & England
also showed how poor his bowling is against quality batsmen.
He will still be picked because the selectors are also living in the past.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

maxwell is pretty important for the balance of the team. Our team is already super conservative. Most teams have selected a finish. He's averaged around 30 this world cup at a strike rate of 200 while chipping in a few overs. He has also generated very good chances in the field

As much as I'd love him to average 60 like he did last world cup he's done his job

its not the selectors living in the past, its those that want to drop maxwell who think you can win the world cup with the sort of team you'd pick in the 1990s. The game has moved on since then and you need a variety of batsmen to succeed. Maxwell gives us that balance

jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Jun 2019 8:56 AM
maxwell is pretty important for the balance of the team. Our team is already super conservative. Most teams have selected a finish. He's averaged around 30 this world cup at a strike rate of 200 while chipping in a few overs. He has also generated very good chances in the field

As much as I'd love him to average 60 like he did last world cup he's done his job

its not the selectors living in the past, its those that want to drop maxwell who think you can win the world cup with the sort of team you'd pick in the 1990s. The game has moved on since then and you need a variety of batsmen to succeed. Maxwell gives us that balance
Gday gb
jaszyjim - Your comments are interesting, as for Maxwell, I hope a miracle does happen
& he performs against the quality sides we are going to face.
Playing against weaker teams his stats are inflated.
If the selectors aren't living in the past, why did it take them so long to select the team they finally did to play against England?
I agree we need a batsman of Maxwell's ilk, as he performed in the past, I just don't believe he is it at the moment.
Really hope I'm wrong for the sake of us Aussies.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
grazorblade - 27 Jun 2019 7:14 AM

Interesting stats, Grazor. 

You’ve been calling for Dorf to open and Cummins at first change for some time. 

It worked against England. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search