Any avid Car enthusiasts here?

Any avid Car enthusiasts here?

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
yes modern day cars, the tech has made working on them tedious.
You can work around some and some not.
Sealed boxs, even some engines today makes for the challenge, the OE's making life harder for the Aftermarket/DIY'ers.
One thing for sure tech has made it easier (at a cost) getting more power out of the de tuned showroom car.

Hey your detailer connections ChrisAUFC, having looked into buffers etc it seems you really need a couple regards size.
A mini for tight hard to get places and a larger one ie 5" wide backing plate for larger surfaces, what your cousin suggestion if any ?

Love Football

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Sorry mate I think it was MvFCArsenal's relative that was the dealership detailer 😅 Bit for what it's worth I have the regular pad for all the panels and a cone shaped piece for all the difficult areas. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Mummy promises me an Alpine for my bday.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Chris_AUFC - 1 Sep 2019 5:19 PM
Sorry mate I think it was MvFCArsenal's relative that was the dealership detailer 😅 Bit for what it's worth I have the regular pad for all the panels and a cone shaped piece for all the difficult areas. 

yer my mis read sorry.
Yer I'm still deciding - but yep need larger one for the large panels and small for the tight areas.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Yeah that was my cousin who works for honda. I can ask what pads he uses and recommends.  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep cool Thanks.

I test drove a i30N Performance top spec coupe yesterday.
Only come in 6speed manual that suits me fine.
My first drive of a hot style hatch in years for I've been admiring the Golf R/A45/RS3 etcetc for a long time.
This i30N was bloody great have to say and for the price compared to the above usual over priced marques is great bang for buck !

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

LFC. - 4 Sep 2019 5:44 PM
yep cool Thanks.

I test drove a i30N Performance top spec coupe yesterday.
Only come in 6speed manual that suits me fine.
My first drive of a hot style hatch in years for I've been admiring the Golf R/A45/RS3 etcetc for a long time.
This i30N was bloody great have to say and for the price compared to the above usual over priced marques is great bang for buck !

They're absolute monsters. Hyundai market it as a gti killer and alot of reporters agree. Love em and their is already a market for aftermarket parts for them.  And like you said very cheap for a hot hatch

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

that they are.
Great tech as well and I could live with one for a daily.
I checked the Golf R but the wagon got my eye instead, great looking and the wagon has more practicability but I could manage with the i30N, I tested the coupe and its boot capacity is a little larger than the hatch.
Might be the option one day soon. 

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 5 Sep 2019 11:10 AM
that they are.
Great tech as well and I could live with one for a daily.
I checked the Golf R but the wagon got my eye instead, great looking and the wagon has more practicability but I could manage with the i30N, I tested the coupe and its boot capacity is a little larger than the hatch.
Might be the option one day soon. 

Hyundai are releasing a fastback option for the n . 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 Sep 2019 5:23 PM

Hyundai have really surprised me in recent years, in a good way. Mostly going against the norm of releasing one dour tarted-up hatchback to look like an SUV after another, and instead providing us with the N and the Stinger. Toyota are trying too with the GT86 and Supra, it's as if the Asian manufacturers (and probably a few others to be fair) forgot that their brand's reputation can be affected so much by the cars that appeal to actual enthusiasts. Nissan need to take note. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 7 Sep 2019 8:28 AM

Hyundai have really surprised me in recent years, in a good way. Mostly going against the norm of releasing one dour tarted-up hatchback to look like an SUV after another, and instead providing us with the N and the Stinger. Toyota are trying too with the GT86 and Supra, it's as if the Asian manufacturers (and probably a few others to be fair) forgot that their brand's reputation can be affected so much by the cars that appeal to actual enthusiasts. Nissan need to take note. 

Stinger is Kia but part of the hyundai family.  Happens when hyundai group are spending money on r&d .  Theres a n version of the Tucson coming as well . Love the i30n rally car 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 7 Sep 2019 8:28 AM

Also agree with re Nissan. The gtr's are brilliant but most of their newer models have been meh . If they properly re did the sss pulsar it would've been brilliant but what we got was meh 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

:) thats what I test drove and shape I'd want.

Agree Hyundai/KIA are working smart and keep looking ahead well.
I think the Stinger has suffered from wrong timing as brilliant a first effort it was.
Smart to capiltilise on the Falcon/Commodore closures But just too soon.
Many of those local owners are getting over their 3 or 5yrs lease's - many would/could have jumped over wishing to retain RWD action and since its sounding like Stinger MK11 is going ahead :(
Your right re Nissan and screwing up with a updated modern Pulsar variant, they now have given that segment away real silly imo.
Godzillas were brilliant and later GTR's as much as I admire them they also screwed up being too expensive.
Triple figures puts them up against some shelf Euro offerings, they should be sub $100k and their sales would be great imo.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 7 Sep 2019 5:02 PM

:) thats what I test drove and shape I'd want.

Agree Hyundai/KIA are working smart and keep looking ahead well.
I think the Stinger has suffered from wrong timing as brilliant a first effort it was.
Smart to capiltilise on the Falcon/Commodore closures But just too soon.
Many of those local owners are getting over their 3 or 5yrs lease's - many would/could have jumped over wishing to retain RWD action and since its sounding like Stinger MK11 is going ahead :(
Your right re Nissan and screwing up with a updated modern Pulsar variant, they now have given that segment away real silly imo.
Godzillas were brilliant and later GTR's as much as I admire them they also screwed up being too expensive.
Triple figures puts them up against some shelf Euro offerings, they should be sub $100k and their sales would be great imo.

Well the gtr's are super cars so they were always going to cost over 100k . Hell the last ever gtr r34 can cost over 200 k and if you get  a z tune  nismo variant you will be paying over 350 k. And if you can get your hands on a non modified skyline you will be paying more too 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 7 Sep 2019 7:26 PM
LFC. - 7 Sep 2019 5:02 PM

Well the gtr's are super cars so they were always going to cost over 100k . Hell the last ever gtr r34 can cost over 200 k and if you get  a z tune  nismo variant you will be paying over 350 k. And if you can get your hands on a non modified skyline you will be paying more too 

yes agree, R35's are supercars and bloody expensive whereas the ol R34 wasn't that ott that I recall but could be wrong.
About the only Nissan worth talking about to me.

Love Football

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

Hell yes to a modern day SSS Pulsar (if they bothered to do it right), then they can go ahead and even make a TCR variant to race and we're 90% of the way back to the glory days of Super Tourers :D A man can dream...
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 10 Sep 2019 8:40 PM
Hell yes to a modern day SSS Pulsar (if they bothered to do it right), then they can go ahead and even make a TCR variant to race and we're 90% of the way back to the glory days of Super Tourers :D A man can dream...

A modern sss pulsar done right would've been awesome . For some reason they decided to make it a family oriented instead of a proper hot hatch that could also be a family car . I still love the n14 sss pulsar   . Or if Nissan decided to bring back the gti-r  pulsar . The mini Godzilla 

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Sep 2019 9:26 PM
Chris_AUFC - 10 Sep 2019 8:40 PM

A modern sss pulsar done right would've been awesome . For some reason they decided to make it a family oriented instead of a proper hot hatch that could also be a family car . I still love the n14 sss pulsar   . Or if Nissan decided to bring back the gti-r  pulsar . The mini Godzilla 

The N14's were just brilliant, and I can't believe I forgot about the GTI-R, it's been years since I've seen one now. I miss Nissan when they were making cars like this 😅 

Re: the comments above the GT-R's have always been pricey. The latest Motor mag had a great article about the R32 and apparently it was AUD 100k when it was brand new back then (!) which is just staggering.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer those first Godzillas did cost way back then, just that now these R35's get up to $350k or abouts.
I whinge for its out of my reach lol......I'd love one.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 11 Sep 2019 5:57 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Sep 2019 9:26 PM

The N14's were just brilliant, and I can't believe I forgot about the GTI-R, it's been years since I've seen one now. I miss Nissan when they were making cars like this 😅 

Re: the comments above the GT-R's have always been pricey. The latest Motor mag had a great article about the R32 and apparently it was AUD 100k when it was brand new back then (!) which is just staggering.

Really? Someone told me they were around the 30 to 40 k mark when they got released.the r32 was a legit bad ass and I haven't seen one that's hasn't been modified. 
Yeah the n14 pulsars were the best pulsar shape that nissan made.  The sss pulsar hatch was pure filth . Also the last GTI-r I seen was at the wreckers  next to my work.  Dunno if someone bought it or it got scrapped
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

https://youtu.be/I3h9Z89U9ZA

Trailer for the upcoming Ford vs. Ferrari movie about the 1960's Le Mans battles. Liking the look of it so far! 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agree, its looking like a good movie on one of the great wins in LeMans, looking forward to it.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 24 Sep 2019 7:09 AM
agree, its looking like a good movie on one of the great wins in LeMans, looking forward to it.

Same. .
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Ferrari 360km/h with an enthusiastic owner at the end.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnNsA8sHTI

Edited
5 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ErogenousZone - 25 Sep 2019 9:15 AM

that is some cohanas !
I've driven pretty quick on autobahn's above the usual normal but friggin 360k and any idiot just needs to sway off line or whatever your toast ! but man thats tasty :)

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

ErogenousZone - 25 Sep 2019 9:15 AM

The driver  has balls of steel. Lucky noone got in his way .
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

So mazda looks like they're testing a new rotary
 Rx9  perhaps?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Yep something is going on re Mazda rotary.
I had the wifes CX5 being serviced the other week and whilst waiting I was went looking around the showroom.
Naturally sales guy came hunting me but I said thanks no thanks just waiting on car being serviced But I did say how good the Mazda is nowadays BUT where is a performance product ?!
SP is gone etc and he did lead on a Rotary is looking very likely.......
Hope its a beauty.

Just come back from Bathurst - work and I still love being around race cars.
The amount of Mustangs is obvious for what else can you get similar sub $80k.
New RSpec model was paraded, Supercharged using Ford Performance product fitted @ Broadmeadows and Herrod Performance doing the fitment under Fords eyes.
This will be just over $100k limited to 500 units.
A test in the water in the hope a factory Ford one is done in the future RHD like GT350/500's.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Hoping if mazda do bring out a new rx it doesn't look  like the rx8.  Twas a werid looking car  but was alright to drive 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Oct 2019 6:57 AM
Hoping if mazda do bring out a new rx it doesn't look  like the rx8.  Twas a werid looking car  but was alright to drive 

I always liked the Series 7 RX-7. Sexy looking cars. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search