High quality of this cricket forum

High quality of this cricket forum

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
quickflick - 11 Sep 2019 9:15 PM
Decentric - 9 Sep 2019 2:20 PM

You go all right, Decentric. I think that you appreciate (and continue to learn to appreciate) the nuances of the sport. These things make it so tantalising. Football has not dissimilar nuances, too, in other ways. Unfortunately, cricket's nuances aren't as well understood by the broader community.

PS - I'm sorry I haven't been posting on here more during this Ashes. I've been enthralled by the series. Just struggling to get to watch quite as much of it as I'd like, let alone discuss it online as much as I'd like.

It is good when you can post, QF.

Even if you don't have much time available.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 11 Sep 2019 10:44 PM
quickflick - 11 Sep 2019 9:15 PM

It is good when you can post, QF.

Even if you don't have much time available.

Thanks. You know all too well that teachers go through periods when they are rushed off their feet and periods when they've got days and days free.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

quickflick - 11 Sep 2019 10:51 PM
Decentric - 11 Sep 2019 10:44 PM

Thanks. You know all too well that teachers go through periods when they are rushed off their feet and periods when they've got days and days free.

I don't.

Every day I've taught in my career, I've been rushed off my feet in primary or PE teaching all day!
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

When I look back at another sports forum where some us still  post,  often people express their opinions, then just get angry with others who posit persuasive arguments to offer a different perspective.

Or basically don't consider other opinions. 

On this cricket forum, a greater percentage of posters constructively engage in discussion, acknowledging different opinions, and the dialogue is usually devoid of  personal attacks.
flyslip
flyslip
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)

Sorry if I've bought standards down recently :) . 

There can be a fine line between robust debate or even banter and the point where it descends into snarky nonsense.

I don't post much anywhere and have never posted on a predominantly Aussie cricket forum before, always found them too parochial. I was on an Indian based forum once, which lasted about a week until I mentioned that I thought Sehwag was over rated. Now I realise how it is to be in a minority with an unpopular opinion. Anyway, I will try to stick to the motto of viva la difference. I realise that diversity is a necessity for healthy debate no matter how strongly we might disagree. Otherwise it becomes a backslapping party.

The only forum I ever posted frequently on was a long defunct British based cricket forum a very long time ago. I remember one pom who the Aussie members generally found an acquired taste that they were in no hurry to acquire, I eventually found when he wasn't busy winding them up, was extremely knowledgeable about cricket and it's history. The only person I have ever conversed with who actually watched Bradman play.

Anyway and having said all that... Paddles, you are still wrong  :laugh: .

Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

flyslip - 22 Sep 2019 1:29 AM

So you say, but Broad is still not in the top bowlers, and Aussie is still ranked 5th....
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

flyslip - 22 Sep 2019 1:29 AM
Sorry if I've bought standards down recently :) . 

There can be a fine line between robust debate or even banter and the point where it descends into snarky nonsense.

I don't post much anywhere and have never posted on a predominantly Aussie cricket forum before, always found them too parochial. I was on an Indian based forum once, which lasted about a week until I mentioned that I thought Sehwag was over rated. Now I realise how it is to be in a minority with an unpopular opinion. Anyway, I will try to stick to the motto of viva la difference. I realise that diversity is a necessity for healthy debate no matter how strongly we might disagree. Otherwise it becomes a backslapping party.

The only forum I ever posted frequently on was a long defunct British based cricket forum a very long time ago. I remember one pom who the Aussie members generally found an acquired taste that they were in no hurry to acquire, I eventually found when he wasn't busy winding them up, was extremely knowledgeable about cricket and it's history. The only person I have ever conversed with who actually watched Bradman play.

As a former  short term Moderator, as long as you stick to cricket discussion, even if emotional, according to the guidelines set down by the site owner, it is totally acceptable to have passionate debates on topic.

Abusive, racist, sexist, misogynistic and trolling comments are unacceptable though. Also, some discussions can tend to drift off topic.

You and Paddles are probably similar in the way you post.

You both bring  a lot of cricket content, knowledge and strident opinions to the forum, which is welcome.  
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search