Domestic Season 2019/20.

Domestic Season 2019/20.

Author
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 21 Oct 2019 7:30 PM
ThingyBob - 21 Oct 2019 5:00 PM

Why has Agar only bowled 3 overs? Is there nothing in the pitch?
[/quote]

WA just finished off the Viccos  by 9 wickets Bobbie.. I too was wondering why Agar was bowling when the quicks needed to finish things quickly and win by an innings. As it turned out Agar's economy was good for the entire match. He certainly has improved his red ball bowling.
That is about the tamest WACA track I have seen for some time.
[/quote]

Awesome! Not that I’m parochial haha. But a result is good for the game. I saw something on cricket Australia about Maxwell throwing away his wicket...
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

ThingyBob - 21 Oct 2019 7:57 PM
baggygreenmania - 21 Oct 2019 7:30 PM

WA just finished off the Viccos  by 9 wickets Bobbie.. I too was wondering why Agar was bowling when the quicks needed to finish things quickly and win by an innings. As it turned out Agar's economy was good for the entire match. He certainly has improved his red ball bowling.
That is about the tamest WACA track I have seen for some time.
[/quote]

Awesome! Not that I’m parochial haha. But a result is good for the game. I saw something on cricket Australia about Maxwell throwing away his wicket...
[/quote]
Report card: WA/VIC.
Marsh 9
Richardson 7
Philippe 7
Inglis 7
Harper 7
Stoinis 7
Short 6
Pucovski 6
Pattinson 6
Harris 6
Agar 5
Moody 5

We now have a 10 day break till Round 3 where I'll be watching it live too. Till then enjoy the pyjama stuff.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 21 Oct 2019 8:15 PM
ThingyBob - 21 Oct 2019 7:57 PM

[/quote]
Marsh 9
Richardson 7
Philippe 7
Inglis 7
Harper 7
Stoinis 7
Short 6
Pucovski 6
Pattinson 6
Harris 6
Agar 5
Moody 5

We now have a 10 day break till Round 3 where I'll be watching it live too. Till then enjoy the pyjama stuff.
[/quote]

I would be giving Pattinson at least a 7. Four wickets and he did slow the scoring when Marsh and Philippe could have been cutting loose. I’d be giving Siddle the workhorse a 6 for his usual economy (2.79). Cartwright a 7 over Stoinis for his flashy 42.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

ThingyBob - 21 Oct 2019 9:19 PM
baggygreenmania - 21 Oct 2019 8:15 PM
Marsh 9
Richardson 7
Philippe 7
Inglis 7
Harper 7
Stoinis 7
Short 6
Pucovski 6
Pattinson 6
Harris 6
Agar 5
Moody 5

[/quote]

I would be giving Pattinson at least a 7. Four wickets and he did slow the scoring when Marsh and Philippe could have been cutting loose. I’d be giving Siddle the workhorse a 6 for his usual economy (2.79). Cartwright a 7 over Stoinis for his flashy 42.
[/quote]

Fair call on Pattinson. Must have missed Cartwright. You cud say same about Agar.. like Siddle not many wickets but a suffocating economy.. specially in the first innings when Vics threatened to get away. Stoinis also took three important wickets.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 21 Oct 2019 9:42 PM
ThingyBob - 21 Oct 2019 9:19 PM

[/quote]

Fair call on Pattinson. Must have missed Cartwright. You cud say same about Agar.. like Siddle not many wickets but a suffocating economy.. specially in the first innings when Vics threatened to get away. Stoinis also took three important wickets.
[/quote]

Where is Mike to do the Bulls/Redbacks post mortem ad report card.?
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
With Starc destroying Tas and taking 10 wickets I read he has worked with bowling coach, Andre Adams, to modify his action. 

What do think, Baggers? Did you see any difference in accuracy?
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
For the test team Head and Usman have struggled in the Shield games.

I'm a bit worried we just don't have the batsmen. There are often peaks and troughs in mediocre batsmen's career, but I fear they are basically not up up test cricket over a few years. I'd be inclined to throw Pucovski into the mjx. He has made early Shield runs. On the other hand, we have plenty of pace bowlers who look okay in Australian conditions.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Brew
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

Brew - 22 Oct 2019 8:25 AM
For the test team Head and Usman have struggled in the Shield games.

I'm a bit worried we just don't have the batsmen. There are often peaks and troughs in mediocre batsmen's career, but I fear they are basically not up up test cricket over a few years. I'd be inclined to throw Pucovski into the mjx. He has made early Shield runs. On the other hand, we have plenty of pace bowlers who look okay in Australian conditions.

I’d be putting up Phillipe ahead of Pucovski at this stage. Puc made his century at that ridiculous run party at junction oval, and then wasn’t able to make a stand in the second innings against WA when Vic needed to hold on for a draw. Phillipe on the other hand made the second highest score for WA in the first innings against Tas in round 1 and then built a very sensible and restrained 65 in partnership with S.Marsh to set WA up for the win. With Marsh tying up one end he could have easily thrown his bat around. Let’s see what happens in round 3.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 22 Oct 2019 10:08 AM

I’d be putting up Phillipe ahead of Pucovski at this stage. Puc made his century at that ridiculous run party at junction oval, and then wasn’t able to make a stand in the second innings against WA when Vic needed to hold on for a draw. Phillipe on the other hand made the second highest score for WA in the first innings against Tas in round 1 and then built a very sensible and restrained 65 in partnership with S.Marsh to set WA up for the win. With Marsh tying up one end he could have easily thrown his bat around. Let’s see what happens in round 3.

Win against the Vics, just to clarify
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Brew - 22 Oct 2019 8:24 AM
With Starc destroying Tas and taking 10 wickets I read he has worked with bowling coach, Andre Adams, to modify his action. 

What do think, Baggers? Did you see any difference in accuracy?

Half of those 10 were tailenders. So lets not get carried away. It was certainly an improved showing on the first game. He was more accurate which is reflected in his miserly figures. But as usual the media is talking him up. He needs consistency to regain his Test spot imo. One good performance in three wont cut it anymore..not when we have quality quicks champing at the bit for that third spot in our attack.  
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

No Bobbie Philippe isnt ready.. not for Test cricket. Yes his 65 was a mature knock.. and it was integral in the WA win but it is only one. He needs to copy that blueprint in all his red ball games this season. On the other hand, Pucovski is ready. He is now in his third f/c season with a good record @45.. so no longer a novice.
Edited
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Oct 2019 1:19 PM

No Bobbie Philippe isnt ready.. not for Test cricket. Yes his 65 was a mature knock.. and it was integral in the WA win but it is only one. He needs to copy that blueprint in all his red ball games this season. On the other hand, Pucovski is ready. He is now in his third f/c season with a good record @45.. so no longer a novice.

Pucovski only has 2 more fc matches than Phillipe (16- 
twice as many as Glenn McGrath before his test debut! :D)But yes you are right, Pucovski has significantly more runs on the board. No room for complacency, however. It will be interesting to see how these 2 develop over the Summer.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

If Pucovski has a FC average of 45, it is better than many in the Aussie team already. 

Time me to pick Puck for Tests. 

I’ve seen him bat live - beautiful technician. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 23 Oct 2019 12:28 AM

If Pucovski has a FC average of 45, it is better than many in the Aussie team already. 

Time me to pick Puck for Tests. 

I’ve seen him bat live - beautiful technician. 

He is DC. The only question mark over him is the state of his mental health.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Oct 2019 1:12 PM
Brew - 22 Oct 2019 8:24 AM

Half of those 10 were tailenders. So lets not get carried away. It was certainly an improved showing on the first game. He was more accurate which is reflected in his miserly figures. But as usual the media is talking him up. He needs consistency to regain his Test spot imo. One good performance in three wont cut it anymore..not when we have quality quicks champing at the bit for that third spot in our attack.  

I see that Meredith snared the prized scalps of Smith and Warner in the one day match today. A thumping by Tas, despite the blues full strength line up. Hoping the rain holds off for the WA Vic game.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 23 Oct 2019 4:59 PM
baggygreenmania - 22 Oct 2019 1:12 PM

I see that Meredith snared the prized scalps of Smith and Warner in the one day match today. A thumping by Tas, despite the blues full strength line up. Hoping the rain holds off for the WA Vic game.

Leading the way for  Tassie were a couple of former Blues. Jordan Silk and Sydney- born nathan Ellis. Another good cricketer ignored by his own state. Bold prediction Ellis will play ODI cricket.

Your boys did a good job to almost bowl out the Vics in 20 overs..then restrict Handscomb from hitting the winning runs. Stoinis' white ball experience coming to the fore.

The Bulls were ambushed by Adam Zampa in the death overs. 
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

edit
Edited
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 24 Oct 2019 12:15 PM
ThingyBob - 23 Oct 2019 4:59 PM

Leading the way for  Tassie were a couple of former Blues. Jordan Silk and Sydney- born nathan Ellis. Another good cricketer ignored by his own state. Bold prediction Ellis will play ODI cricket.

Your boys did a good job to almost bowl out the Vics in 20 overs..then restrict Handscomb from hitting the winning runs. Stoinis' white ball experience coming to the fore.

The Bulls were ambushed by Adam Zampa in the death overs. 

It was also nice to see Cameron Bancroft score some runs in any form of the game. Stoinis did ok, but I don't enjoy watching him bowl. He has the experience to bowl to a plan, but ends up delivering a fair amount of rubbish. Zampa did ok today in the T20i. I think the other thread is a valid one - it seems that every man and his dog can chuck down a few leg breaks these days. It's a risky business being a stand-alone leg spinner. Yes pretty good for Ellis to get a fiverfer in his first few matches. Has an unsual flicky action. If he does play ODI, I hope Meredith is keeping them honest from the other end.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 27 Oct 2019 11:18 PM
baggygreenmania - 24 Oct 2019 12:15 PM

It was also nice to see Cameron Bancroft score some runs in any form of the game. Stoinis did ok, but I don't enjoy watching him bowl. He has the experience to bowl to a plan, but ends up delivering a fair amount of rubbish. Zampa did ok today in the T20i. I think the other thread is a valid one - it seems that every man and his dog can chuck down a few leg breaks these days. It's a risky business being a stand-alone leg spinner. Yes pretty good for Ellis to get a fiverfer in his first few matches. Has an unsual flicky action. If he does play ODI, I hope Meredith is keeping them honest from the other end.

What other thread is a valid one? Yes Ellis/Meredith a good combination.

Zampa and Agar also look a good combination in this format. Zamps may have got the wickets but Agar built pressure with his miserly economy.

ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 28 Oct 2019 8:21 AM

Zampa and Agar also look a good combination in this format. Zamps may have got the wickets but Agar built pressure with his miserly economy.

The other thread about whether a specialist spinner is always needed....
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

Agar did well (apart from the dropped catches) - an all round good cricketer and a pleasant chap, too. His T20i economy (7.12) isn't as good as Zampa, which I was surprised to see is a tight 5.91. Both worlds apart from poor old Nathan Lyon who gets whacked out of the park from his 2 matches at 9.60 haha! 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 8:50 AM

The other thread about whether a specialist spinner is always needed....

ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 9:00 AM

Agar did well (apart from the dropped catches) - an all round good cricketer and a pleasant chap, too. His T20i economy (7.12) isn't as good as Zampa, which I was surprised to see is a tight 5.91. Both worlds apart from poor old Nathan Lyon who gets whacked out of the park from his 2 matches at 9.60 haha! 

Those drops will rile Agar as he is usually a gun catcher and fielder. The first was far from a sitter but you wud back him to catch it 9/10 times.The second was far harder.. having to dive forward.. the most difficult catch there is. 7.12 e/c.. Last nite it was 3.5. So that is a massive improvement.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 28 Oct 2019 10:55 AM
ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 8:50 AM

ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 9:00 AM

Those drops will rile Agar as he is usually a gun catcher and fielder. The first was far from a sitter but you wud back him to catch it 9/10 times.The second was far harder.. having to dive forward.. the most difficult catch there is. 7.12 e/c.. Last nite it was 3.5. So that is a massive improvement.

There’s another trivia question for you. Who has or had the best t20i career economy rate? I’ve just looked it up. Clue - it is 5.70...

ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 8:02 PM

There’s another trivia question for you. Who has or had the best t20i career economy rate? I’ve just looked it up. Clue - it is 5.70...

A little off topic for domestic cricket, I’ll grant you
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 8:03 PM

A little off topic for domestic cricket, I’ll grant you

Nathan Bracken or was he before T20?
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

I'm going to guess Sameul Badree...

In my defence, he did have the record for years before his retriring finished with the worst seasons of his career blowing up his ER.

But none of the top 5 are surprising at all. 6th is a lil bit.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

Paddles - 29 Oct 2019 11:59 AM

I'm going to guess Sameul Badree...

In my defence, he did have the record for years before his retriring finished with the worst seasons of his career blowing up his ER.

But none of the top 5 are surprising at all. 6th is a lil bit.

So does that mean you have looked it up, Paddles? If not, the answer is a well known Kiwi...
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 29 Oct 2019 12:53 PM

So does that mean you have looked it up, Paddles? If not, the answer is a well known Kiwi...

Badree was a good guess, coming in at no.5.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 29 Oct 2019 9:09 AM
ThingyBob - 28 Oct 2019 8:03 PM

Nathan Bracken or was he before T20?

Bracken played 19 matches, Baggers, with an er of 6.97 which places him in the middle of the table. He is not included however as it requires a minimum of 500 balls (he had 377). Incidentally, our old mate Maxwell currently rounds out the bottom of the table on 7.48.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

ThingyBob - 29 Oct 2019 12:53 PM

Yeah looked it up, I would have all top 5 - no way I'd ever guess 6th though. 

But I knew it was Badreee last time I loked it up. He fell away in 2018 and stuffed up his record. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search