WSW aim to be the Barcelona of the West [Comments]

WSW aim to be the Barcelona of the West [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Seb 1968
Seb 1968
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

Inside Sport Bot - 17 Sep 2019 4:38 PM

Thanks for that link, that's a great academy that Western Sydney Wanderers has set up, I hope all the other A-League clubs have done/or are in the process of establishing  similar types of acadamies.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Sebr1968 - 17 Sep 2019 6:59 PM
Inside Sport Bot - 17 Sep 2019 4:38 PM

Thanks for that link, that's a great academy that Western Sydney Wanderers has set up, I hope all the other A-League clubs have done/or are in the process of establishing  similar types of acadamies.

Yes:

City. 
Roar. 

All the rest: 

well .... 
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Cringe with the Barcelona tag. Fuck me. 

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 17 Sep 2019 7:11 PM
Cringe with the Barcelona tag. Fuck me. 

Indeed .... they should steal one that hasn’t already been stolen ffs 
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Waz - 17 Sep 2019 7:28 PM
RBBAnonymous - 17 Sep 2019 7:11 PM

Indeed .... they should steal one that hasn’t already been stolen ffs 

If the club built am ice skating rink in the complex, they would be like Barcelona. 
Id rather the club align with Atletico Madrid but be like Barcelona in the community.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Waz - 17 Sep 2019 7:05 PM
Sebr1968 - 17 Sep 2019 6:59 PM

Yes:

City. 
Roar. 

All the rest: 

well .... 

Adelaide has had theirs for a number of years now.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

It would be a great day when all aleague teams now and in the future have free of charge academies with fantastic facilities to boot compared to what we had nation wide with the AIS.

That should be the ultimate goal where any kid can have the best coaching, development free of charge with fantastic facilities for football only.

Right now 3 down, 7 to go...
Edited
5 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Waz
Waz
Legend

Gyfox - 18 Sep 2019 2:15 AM
Waz - 17 Sep 2019 7:05 PM

Adelaide has had theirs for a number of years now.

I haven’t seen anything on Adelaide’s facilities or Academy so it’s not possible to comment - you got any links to what they’re doing?

You’d certainly think the new owners would place a priority on this area given the talk they’ve had. 

edit:

a quick search found found these two links on Adelaide:

https://www.valleyview.sa.edu.au/aufc-academy/

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-align-valley-view-secondary-school-elite-pathway-extension

is that the Academy or part of it? 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Waz
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Waz - 18 Sep 2019 6:27 AM

I haven’t seen anything on Adelaide’s facilities or Academy so it’s not possible to comment - you got any links to what they’re doing?

You’d certainly think the new owners would place a priority on this area given the talk they’ve had. 

edit:

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-align-valley-view-secondary-school-elite-pathway-extension

And does Adelaide charge?
Waz
Waz
Legend

Paul01 - 18 Sep 2019 6:40 AM

And does Adelaide charge?

My understanding is that only two clubs don’t charge - Roar and WSW. 

Someone posted the links to the NSWs charges earlier (which look very similar to the Football Queensland charges) and the sooner we break away from those nationally - at all levels - the better. 
Paul01
Paul01
Pro

Waz - 18 Sep 2019 6:54 AM
Paul01 - 18 Sep 2019 6:40 AM

My understanding is that only two clubs don’t charge - Roar and WSW. 

Someone posted the links to the NSWs charges earlier (which look very similar to the Football Queensland charges) and the sooner we break away from those nationally - at all levels - the better. 

Agree wholeheartedly.
Same applies to selection for representative state selections.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Paul01 - 18 Sep 2019 7:28 AM
Waz - 18 Sep 2019 6:54 AM

Agree wholeheartedly.
Same applies to selection for representative state selections.

I actually think these fees are being driven as much by the State Feds as they are the clubs. Once a kid at our junior club goes into SAP the fees are FQ driven - more reason for a full review of the costs and benefits (or lack of) when it comes to state Federations. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Paul01 - 17 Sep 2019 9:38 PM
Waz - 17 Sep 2019 7:28 PM

If the club built am ice skating rink in the complex, they would be like Barcelona. 
Id rather the club align with Atletico Madrid but be like Barcelona in the community.

I thought the club wanted to build in a shopping precinct etc as well...
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

edit:

My mistake.  Adelaide had their "own" training venue built but they don't have academy facilities there.  I think they are still having trouble being allowed to have u13 to u16 sides.  Maybe an Adelaide fan could tell us what the current situation is with that.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Gyfox
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search