A-League Attendances: Season 2019/20

A-League Attendances: Season 2019/20

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
southmelb - 13 Oct 2019 12:21 PM
Reckon melbourne derby crowd was the most impressive and shows how strong the pull of MV continues to be despite what’s goin on, sure a 7k drop off on the corresponding match last season but still very healthy.

not sold on the wanders though, no point comparing yesterday to last season, first game in new stadium for competition points you would think that would have had enough novelty factor behind it to hit around 25k, a little over half full means those figures will drop significantly unless they produce a magnificent season.

I'd only agree with this if we opened the stadium, but we didn't. 

Parramatta Eels have already played half a season there, and we played Leeds United there and got something like 24k.

17k isn't amazing or anything to talk up, but at the same time I wouldn't call it shit, especially when you consider the weather and expensive tickets which are factors that need to be considered. 

Apart from the derby I don't think we'll crack 20k for a game this season, unless we're killing it and playing good football. 

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

libel - 13 Oct 2019 12:28 PM
robstazzz - 13 Oct 2019 12:14 PM

Blaming the weather now? 

This game should have been sold out weeks before the day, before anyone even knew about the weather.

And to not even crack 20k, my gosh.

Clearly you know nothing about Australian football if you think we should be selling out 30k capacity stadiums.

You remind me so much of people like Steven Lowy and David Gallop who just expect sold out stadiums, yet give no valid reason why they expect this to happen. And at the same time they'd ignore every valid reason why crowds are down. 

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
robstazzz - 13 Oct 2019 12:41 PM
libel - 13 Oct 2019 12:28 PM

Clearly you know nothing about Australian football if you think we should be selling out 30k capacity stadiums.

You remind me so much of people like Steven Lowy and David Gallop who just expect sold out stadiums, yet give no valid reason why they expect this to happen. And at the same time they'd ignore every valid reason why crowds are down. 

I have given reasons. Refer my earlier posts.

But hey, if you're happy with only 17k in the circumstances...
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

libel - 13 Oct 2019 1:04 PM
robstazzz - 13 Oct 2019 12:41 PM

I have given reasons. Refer my earlier posts.

But hey, if you're happy with only 17k in the circumstances...

I truly am because I'm a realist. With all the negativity of the past few years I'm very happy with all 3 crowds so far, because it's a solid base to build on without idiots like Gallop and co killing the game with one stupid decision after another. 
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

robstazzz - 13 Oct 2019 1:21 PM
libel - 13 Oct 2019 1:04 PM

I truly am because I'm a realist. With all the negativity of the past few years I'm very happy with all 3 crowds so far, because it's a solid base to build on without idiots like Gallop and co killing the game with one stupid decision after another. 

What, like the 40k the first melbourne derby got just last season, and the what, 33k it got this season under the new regime?
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

libel - 13 Oct 2019 1:33 PM
robstazzz - 13 Oct 2019 1:21 PM

What, like the 40k the first melbourne derby got just last season, and the what, 33k it got this season under the new regime?

Given the damage done to confidence over the past couple of years, it’s hardly surprising.

There is going to be significant challenges this year which no one should be shocked by. It certainly won’t be easy.
libel
libel
Pro

Heart_fan - 13 Oct 2019 2:26 PM

Given the damage done to confidence over the past couple of years, it’s hardly surprising.

There is going to be significant challenges this year which no one should be shocked by. It certainly won’t be easy.

LOL, it was just last season that 40k.

Any "damage to confidence" must have happened after the new regime took over...

Edited
5 Years Ago by libel
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

StiflersMom - 13 Oct 2019 11:52 AM
Eldar - 13 Oct 2019 11:27 AM

lol, not laughing at you but your post was reported for being off topic and irrelevant. 

You would be doing me a favour if you ban me.

Beaten by Eldar

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Not many people go to the game based on the board or ownership

The model is up the shit and nothing has been done to change it. From a footballing point of view we have an unbalanced season flooded with big games, less overall games per team, a bye, still a top 6 for some reason, not to mention a salary cap designed to keep our biggest teams small

I watched the second half of AU v SFC and the defending was appalling. And when the A League is good, it is ruined by VAR. It feels like referees arent even making calls anymore because they have the technology to fall back on

The clearest message of "metrics first, football last" is delaying the season start for a weekend where AFL / NRL fans are available (if they want), but players are on international duty

This isn't a confidence issue. Serve up shit, watch the hardened fans continue to turn their back until nobody is left

Edited
5 Years Ago by bluebird
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

8,300 in Wellington today 
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Every crowd this weekend has been poor really
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

9829 in Perth
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

76K overall - a lot of rounds significantly less than that.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

The still when the header was made by Brisbane shows how far behind the line the linesman was. Very poor
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

milan_7 - 13 Oct 2019 7:44 PM
Every crowd this weekend has been poor really

I thought the nix crowd exceeded expectations

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I think Perth and Adelaide really need to lift their attendances 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

bluebird - 13 Oct 2019 3:57 PM

The model is up the shit and nothing has been done to change it. From a footballing point of view we have an unbalanced season flooded with big games, less overall games per team, a bye, still a top 6 for some reason, not to mention a salary cap designed to keep our biggest teams small

I watched the second half of AU v SFC and the defending was appalling. And when the A League is good, it is ruined by VAR. It feels like referees arent even making calls anymore because they have the technology to fall back on

The clearest message of "metrics first, football last" is delaying the season start for a weekend where AFL / NRL fans are available (if they want), but players are on international duty

This isn't a confidence issue. Serve up shit, watch the hardened fans continue to turn their back until nobody is left

You are completely wrong.

The standard of play is irrelevant. Huge crowds attend non competitive matches. A thrilling 4-3 match between two woefully low standard teams playing a low standard match will draw a crowd for those teams the following week.
Mark457
Mark457
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Decent numbers to build on. Let’s hope the clubs do more to keep investing. 
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Cant win, teams attack and the defending is poor, teams defend and the attacking is poor.

Beaten by Eldar

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

bettega - 13 Oct 2019 8:19 PM
milan_7 - 13 Oct 2019 7:44 PM

I thought the nix crowd exceeded expectations

Maybe that one was 'as expected' actually in hindsight. But this should be a huge deal for them, return of Rudan and co, first game of the season against a new club - realistically they'll struggle to get a better crowd than that all season considering the circumstances around this game. I think they should aiming to be cracking 10k for that personally with the rivalry this game was meant to have. I think the FFA were trying to manufacture a tension between the two clubs by putting this Round 1.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Melbcityguy - 13 Oct 2019 9:02 PM
I think Perth and Adelaide really need to lift their attendances 

I agree. Perth have ALWAYS been underwhelming for me crowd wise I think they don't do enough in big games, maybe it is the lack of derby or rivalry that does it but I just think Perth should be aiming higher - only beaten Adelaide's crowd averages 3/14 seasons and it is a bigger city.

Adelaide I think we are a club where we will be able to get the crowds back on track, good things are happening at the club to me it seems and I think we should be able to lift our attendances to what they once were.

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 13 Oct 2019 9:08 PM
A thrilling 4-3 match between two woefully low standard teams playing a low standard match will draw a crowd for those teams the following week.

Except we dont see evidence of this

bluebird
bluebird
Legend

Eldar - 13 Oct 2019 9:47 PM

Cant win, teams attack and the defending is poor, teams defend and the attacking is poor.

Adelaide defence was breached so many times leaving a replica of the red card incident time and time again. There is a difference between good attack and poor defence that isnt as black and white as you are making it out to be

bluebird
bluebird
Legend

Footballking55 - 13 Oct 2019 8:06 PM
76K overall - a lot of rounds significantly less than that.

Not round 1 and round 2 last year

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

bluebird - 14 Oct 2019 7:33 AM
Eldar - 13 Oct 2019 9:47 PM

Adelaide defence was breached so many times leaving a replica of the red card incident time and time again. There is a difference between good attack and poor defence that isnt as black and white as you are making it out to be

That's right Mr bluebird, everything stinks..

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Footballking55 - 12 Oct 2019 6:58 PM

WSW v CCM 17091 - good call

WSW fans are the most fair weathered in the comp. they are bloody pathetic. even the RBB was no more than half full, which is a disgrace when you factor in the excitement of the new stadium and the opening of the first safe standing section in HAL history. maybe they'll return if they win a few games, but I'm not expecting it (excluding the derby of course). they'll be back to drawing their regular shitty 10,000 crowds by Xmas. 

Paul01 - 13 Oct 2019 12:45 AM
Rd 2
Melb Vic v WSW (Friday) 20k
Western Utd v Perth 2k
CCM v Newcastle 7k
Melbourne City v Adelaide 8k
Smurfs v Nix (Leichhardt) 10k

i know there is a lot of negativity around WU, but surely you're taking the piss? there will be a novelty factor about their first home game, plus $20 GA tix, plus a first up win, and I can see them coming close to matching City. I would have headed down myself to take a look if Victory were playing away this week.  

MV v WSW - 19k
WU v PG - 7k
CCM v Jets - 9k
City v AU - 7.5
Smurfs v Nix - 11k

Edited
5 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Waz - 13 Oct 2019 11:30 AM
libel - 13 Oct 2019 11:19 AM

Alright mods. 

Decision time. It’s time to block the obvious trolls like this or the football posters are going elsewhere. 

Your call. I’ll report every troll post this fella makes - if he’s still here in a week I’m out. 

So is it Waz or Libel?
The_Wookie
The_Wookie
Hacker
Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)

Au v SFC 9,903
WS v CC 17,091
MV v MC 33,523
WP v WU 8,254
PG v BR 9,829 

2019-20 Total 78,600
2019-20 Ave 15,720
2018-19 Total 84,761
2018-19 Ave: 16,952
Difference: -6,691 (-7.27%)

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Burztur - 14 Oct 2019 1:59 PM
Waz - 13 Oct 2019 11:30 AM

So is it Waz or Libel?

I didn't see what happened, but I think we are big enough and ugly enough to accommodate both.

Actually, we're not really all that big, not sure if banning someone like Libel is the right thing to do.

He has been on this forum for a very long time, we know where he is coming from, it's not as if it's a great surprise, and for the most part, his posts are pretty harmless.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

bettega - 14 Oct 2019 2:40 PM
Burztur - 14 Oct 2019 1:59 PM

I didn't see what happened, but I think we are big enough and ugly enough to accommodate both.

Actually, we're not really all that big, not sure if banning someone like Libel is the right thing to do.

He has been on this forum for a very long time, we know where he is coming from, it's not as if it's a great surprise, and for the most part, his posts are pretty harmless.

100%, also it not like Waz or many of the other posters are above trolling. If you don’t want to see someone’s posts just block them, Decentric can explain how if you pm him

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search