Has El Clásico been surpassed by Liverpool vs. Manchester City

Has El Clásico been surpassed by Liverpool vs. Manchester City

Author
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Players coaches etc... 

What game would you prefer to watch....

Thoughts ... 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I would think just being a football supporter its great watching either games for starters.
El Classico is still a cracker to watch due to the history, supporter base is electric.
Losing Ronaldo probably took a little shine from it due to the Messi combats and RM not firing like they were couple of seasons ago but its still huge/competitive as this one was the other day.
The squads are not at their peaks anymore but still have many class players - both clubs have alot of transition to occur the coming summer.
Valverde isn't a personality/or big figure head like Zidane or previous Barca coachs but he's got the runs of the board.
Zidane, just the name eeeks watch this.
I'm still engaged by the game.
The EPL one doesn't go back in history as much at all as all would know BUT the 2 coachs are powerful figures and the recent success's backs it up making it/them headlines like mad.
The standards they have set last 3yrs has brought the English game back where it belongs - competing against their fellow high profile CL clubs.
Pep has brought his spanish background ticka tacka possession game and Klopp high speed/pressing tactics.
Their choice in players says it all delivering their philosophies on the field.
High stakes games these more so being a LFC supporter.
If I had to chose of the 2 I'm sure you'd know which is my pref but I rate the Classico just as much, pre LFC/City recent times Barca's days with Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol etc were epic.
Hoping the LFC/City one carries on for sometime.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search