stem cell treatment

stem cell treatment

Author
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
a bit out there but.

has anyone here had experience with stem cell treatment for joint injuries??  there's a lot of bullshit about with this.  there's a lot of anecdotal evidence, undoubtedly fuelled by vested interests. but there is also a lot of promising signs and ongoing trials and studies which demonstrate that there is some strong possibility that there may be therapeutic benefit.

my knees are shot, i've damaged tissue in my left shoulder, and i just got hammered in bjj last night and i the ball popped in and out of my right socket with some significant tissue damage. i need something to help this. im looking at competing in bjj soon and i've been prepping pretty solidly and need to have my joints working. im looking at weeks or months without proper training and then probably ongoing issues.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

No expert on this but I thought this was still in trial stages in Australia.  If you head to India or the Philippines they'll shoot you full of all sorts of stuff.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/tag/stem-cells/
https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20170407/stem-cells-for-knees-promising-treatment-or-hoax#1
https://www.closerlookatstemcells.org/stem-cells-medicine/nine-things-to-know-about-stem-cell-treatments/
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/fda-warns-about-stem-cell-therapies

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

its been going on for a while here..........
Mate of mine fellow footballer, yep were in the O45 leagues + and some players have played Rep/and a lot of 1st grade so alot of runs/miles on our ol legs/knees/ankles.
This guy had gone through 3 acl's op's through his time.
Used to strap up before games like a mummy as you do these ages, went through stem cell as a final straw.
Couldn't believe how good it worked out - he turned up after much rehab and didn't need any strapping.
Felt great he said, played on through to the end of the season BUT he obviously pushed the boundaries, sooner or later something would have given and after much bitching from the wife and common sense he hung up the boots.
Don't blame him one bit for lets face it age catchs up with you and having a busy business as well you can't afford to keep being off and more ops if something happened again.
Another fellow player without naming names is actually one of the people involved in this research and advancements
Director, Ocular Diseases Research
Head, Mechanisms of Disease and Translational Research
Department of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences,
Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales,
Sydney, 2052, NSW, Australia

Love Football

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

LFC. - 23 Jan 2020 1:58 PM

Used to strap up before games like a mummy as you do these ages, went through stem cell as a final straw.
Couldn't believe how good it worked out - he turned up after much rehab and didn't need any strapping.
Felt great he said, played on through to the end of the season BUT he obviously pushed the boundaries,

this is the thing. there are so may stories like this around that it makes me tempted. while there is not solid evidence collected yet for joint and tissue repair like this, this is also not evidence dismissing it and it is being researched in quite a few places.

do you know where your friend got it done?

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

thanks for that :)

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search