Optus secure J-League rights

Optus secure J-League rights

Author
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Bowden - 6 Feb 2020 2:06 PM
I’m also hearing Optus secured the rights to Copa America, so they’re showing an interest in Australian football with their first Socceroos broadcast coming up later this year. 

That's pretty cool.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

melbourne_terrace - 6 Feb 2020 1:01 PM
LFC. - 6 Feb 2020 12:16 PM

I thought Fox's coverage of the EPL stank tbh and I was glad they lost it. Most of the games were on the red button, which were in SD and unable to be recorded whilst the studio was so half arsed with Bosnich and Slater talking shit and boring everyone with the same old stories about their own careers. There was fuck all tactical analysis worth listening to and I ended up just streaming the SKY UK and BT Sport coverage as it was way better.

The professionalism with which Optus has treated their content been a breath of fresh air. I don't expect them to give the same in depth treatment to every league they buy but I'd love to see what they could do with more content.

I'm more so re the coverage of the games, choices etc and then at least it went to english commentary from then on.
Red button wasn't bad, at least you could have all games up on the screen and jump from one to the other easier, didn't mind that.
In hindsight that was early days when bringing up re back to the aussie studio, they rambled on yep but that was time to make coffee/feed etcetc.....
OS now has similar, goes back to the aussies BUT there is the alot from the English studio with the countless ex players for yes its great with stats/tactics etcetc....
Great coverage, they have improved since those early Fox times as any coverage does in time thankfully.

Bowden that so re Copa, if so marvellous !

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Bowden - 6 Feb 2020 2:06 PM
I’m also hearing Optus secured the rights to Copa America, so they’re showing an interest in Australian football with their first Socceroos broadcast coming up later this year. 

Great get if true but they did have the Socceroos at the last world cup.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search