Political correctness

Political correctness

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yay or nay?

When some makes a joke there is a punchline and that’s usually making fun of someone or something.

so everyone gets laughed at everyone gets stereotyped. Am I missing something or as the South Park creators say either everything is ok or nothing is ok. 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 14 Jun 2020 9:28 AM
Yay or nay?

When some makes a joke there is a punchline and that’s usually making fun of someone or something.

so everyone gets laughed at everyone gets stereotyped. Am I missing something or as the South Park creators say either everything is ok or nothing is ok. 

The worlds gone mad.

I miss calling 'abos' 'coons' or 'boongs'.

Not all PC is bad.

But comedy, like all art, is subjective so you'll never reach consensus no matter how hard you try..

Member since 2008.

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
PC probably started out with good intentions but has been weaponised by the left to stifle free speech and control language.  It is really just a tool to bludgeon society into speaking, thinking and feeling in a certain way which is consistent with left values.  

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

rusty - 14 Jun 2020 11:19 AM
PC probably started out with good intentions but has been weaponised by the left to stifle free speech and control language.  It is really just a tool to bludgeon society into speaking, thinking and feeling in a certain way which is consistent with left values.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 man you're become a parody of your  former self. 
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Grew up with South Park so i hate political correctness.

Living in Victoria its mind numbing how 'offensive' every thing is and something is always an outrage.
Having a paw patrol police dog under scrutiny at the moment is beyond dumb with our society.
Edited
4 Years Ago by aussie pride
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

It is only correct that a footballer born in Jamaca is forced into English nationality after being made to travel to the UK, then plays for England.
he then supports the movement to topple rascist statues that were present before he set 
off  and became English .

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

all the anti rascist protesters in London all look the same to me

just for the record i was with terry and lynval at the battle of bracknell (special aka gig)

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Edited
4 Years Ago by dirkvanadidas
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

aussie pride - 14 Jun 2020 8:55 PM
Grew up with South Park so i hate political correctness.

Living in Victoria its mind numbing how 'offensive' every thing is and something is always an outrage.
Having a paw patrol police dog under scrutiny at the moment is beyond dumb with our society.

You know that was a troll to see if the right would fall for it yeah? The person admitted as such and the media and everyone ran with it.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Jun 2020 9:43 AM

You know that was a troll to see if the right would fall for it yeah? The person admitted as such and the media and everyone ran with it.

Yeah said that in another thread, they don't care.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

If only people were smart enough to see that lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

There you go.
Tbh didn’t see any articles on it more just the occasional post on social media and thought wtf is this about.
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

You just made that part up.

Paw Patrol WAS pulled from screen in “solidarity” with black lives, and some retard with the New York Times did run article applauding the decision. Specifically the retard wrote

”It’s a joke, but it’s also not. As the protests against racist police violence enter their third week, the charges are mounting against fictional cops, too. Even big-hearted cartoon police dogs — or maybe especially big-hearted cartoon police dogs — are on notice. The effort to publicize police brutality also means banishing the good-cop archetype, which reigns on both television and in viral videos of the protests

So no this was not a troll aimed at the rigt.

If only people were smart enough to see that lolz
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

aussie pride - 15 Jun 2020 11:06 AM

There you go.
Tbh didn’t see any articles on it more just the occasional post on social media and thought wtf is this about.

You'll find a couple of articles posted here by others, one from the Guardian which was written years ago which is intended to be a bit tongue in cheek, pointing out things like how the town of Adventure Bay has privatised its emergency services to a suspiciously wealthy 10 year old.

The other is a New York Times article that admits that the social media posts were intended as a joke but goes on to make a comment about whether the "good cop" archetype is over represented on TV and in movies. I don't necessarily agree with that point of view but it did make me think about what I've seen on TV.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

rusty - 15 Jun 2020 11:33 AM

You just made that part up.

Paw Patrol WAS pulled from screen in “solidarity” with black lives, and some retard with the New York Times did run article applauding the decision. Specifically the retard wrote

”It’s a joke, but it’s also not. As the protests against racist police violence enter their third week, the charges are mounting against fictional cops, too. Even big-hearted cartoon police dogs — or maybe especially big-hearted cartoon police dogs — are on notice. The effort to publicize police brutality also means banishing the good-cop archetype, which reigns on both television and in viral videos of the protests

So no this was not a troll aimed at the rigt.

If only people were smart enough to see that lolz

🤣🤣🤣 man you're truly wound up. You fell for the most idiotic thing 

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Mabye I'm not as intelligent as your average twitter user but it doesn't look like people were joking if they go on to advocate entirely banish "good cops" from television.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Jun 2020 1:03 PM
Mabye I'm not as intelligent as your average twitter user but it doesn't look like people were joking if they go on to advocate entirely banish "good cops" from television.

Twitteratis are idiots . One person wanted Bruno Mars cancelled because apparently he was not acknowledging black artists before him. But a lot of people called them out due to the fact the Twitter handle of the person was black samurai 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Who's advocating that they're entirely banished?

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 14 Jun 2020 9:28 AM
Yay or nay?

I'm not sure whether I'm being politically correct or just bored with the humour. Greg Ritchie, Trevor Marmalade, Fatty Vautin, Sam Newman style of humour is just sad, old, tired and unfunny. I have not watched either Footy shows for years (including the now defunct one), Kath and Kim or any of the Chris Lilley shows. I doubt that makes me politically correct - rather I find/found them boring and unfunny. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

mcjules - 15 Jun 2020 1:19 PM

Who's advocating that they're entirely banished?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/arts/television/protests-fictional-cops.html 

"The effort to publicize police brutality also means banishing the good-cop archetype".

Cmon mate... 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Jun 2020 1:59 PM
mcjules - 15 Jun 2020 1:19 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/arts/television/protests-fictional-cops.html 

"The effort to publicize police brutality also means banishing the good-cop archetype".

Cmon mate... 

Sorry to clarify I was referring to your usage of the term "entirely". The article makes a lot of very good (and worrying) points about the depiction of police in modern shows and movies. I thought it was a good read.

rusty
rusty
World Class

mcjules - 15 Jun 2020 3:05 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Jun 2020 1:59 PM

Sorry to clarify I was referring to your usage of the term "entirely". The article makes a lot of very good (and worrying) points about the depiction of police in modern shows and movies. I thought it was a good read.

You need to go to therapy mcjules. If you seriously have a problem with shows like Paw Patrol because of the way depict police there you have serious problems.  My health advice would be to fuck off and let kids be kids, stop trying to bend kids to your bleak, miserable view of the world.  

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

- George Carlin. Dead 15 years, but relevant as ever.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

rusty - 15 Jun 2020 5:33 PM
mcjules - 15 Jun 2020 3:05 PM

You need to go to therapy mcjules. If you seriously have a problem with shows like Paw Patrol because of the way depict police there you have serious problems.  My health advice would be to fuck off and let kids be kids, stop trying to bend kids to your bleak, miserable view of the world.  

Says the person who literally falls for the biggest troll. Man what happened to uou? You used to be actually an alright person to argue against. Now you're one of those typical school of hard knocks people 
rusty
rusty
World Class

Captain Haddock - 15 Jun 2020 5:35 PM

Expect his videos to be removed from youtube soon.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Serious question Cap.  If political correctness means it has become socially unacceptable to call aboriginals 'coons' are you against that?

Or is this curtailment of your 'right' to slander and insult with impunity a form of 'fascism'.

I mean let's be real.  Most PC stuff falls within a spectrum of 'sensible to ridiculous'.  To say all PC is bad or akin to 'fascism' is plain dumb.

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 7:21 PM

Serious question Cap.  If political correctness means it has become socially unacceptable to call aboriginals 'coons' are you against that?

Or is this curtailment of your 'right' to slander and insult with impunity a form of 'fascism'.

I mean let's be real.  Most PC stuff falls within a spectrum of 'sensible to ridiculous'.  To say all PC is bad or akin to 'fascism' is plain dumb.

A direct and intentional racist insult isn't being "politically incorrect". It's just being racist. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Jun 2020 8:06 PM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 7:21 PM

A direct and intentional racist insult isn't being "politically incorrect". It's just being racist. 

Not really .  Back when I was a kid you'd just offhand say this 'coon' that or this 'boong' something else.   Loads of people spoke like that and no one thought it was particularly bad.

'PC' changed that.

Member since 2008.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:03 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Jun 2020 8:06 PM

Not really .  Back when I was a kid you'd just offhand say this 'coon' that or this 'boong' something else.   Loads of people spoke like that and no one thought it was particularly bad.

'PC' changed that.

Would you say the same thing about the word 'faggot'?
Muz
Muz
Legend

NicCarBel - 16 Jun 2020 9:17 AM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:03 PM

Would you say the same thing about the word 'faggot'?

Sure.  We used it all the time when I was at school.  Adults talked about 'poofs', 'queers', 'homos' and 'fags' in general conversation too.

Whilst it hasn't died out, 5 minutes listening to my kid's friends tells you it's still in use, it's better than it was.

I'm not sure what the argument is here.

I'm just trying to say not all PC culture is bad.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 16 Jun 2020 9:48 AM
NicCarBel - 16 Jun 2020 9:17 AM

Sure.  We used it all the time when I was at school.  Adults talked about 'poofs', 'queers', 'homos' and 'fags' in general conversation too.

Whilst it hasn't died out, 5 minutes listening to my kid's friends tells you it's still in use, it's better than it was.

I'm not sure what the argument is here.

I'm just trying to say not all PC culture is bad.

I was just bringing up that the use of those words is generally in a similar fashion to how you were saying people would use 'coon' or 'boong'. Wasn't really arguing anything, just getting an opinion.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search