Rogic needs to get out

Rogic needs to get out

Author
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/rogic-needs-to-make-a-move-to-revive-his-stagnant-career

Gotta hate Lennon 😝
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

#freerogic
CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Well der, we’ve all known this for a while now. Rogic owns this problem himself, he’s a grown up. And I like him! 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

He's way in his comfort zone and perhaps his personal life is exactly how he wants it. Professionally, it's definitely not where many and probably himself had envisioned.

That being said it's a fact that he was at his absolute best under Rodgers, a competent manager.

These injury issues keep occurring but I wonder how he might be under a different set of physiotherapy staff. Not to say Celtic's isn't top notch but there may be some way of managing his body. His lung capacity has either peaked or he needs an absolute flogging to get it higher. 

I've heard he's his harshest critic and is a real confidence player. No wonder he's down with how everything is going. Who knows how his relationship with Lennon is. Lennon doesn't want him nor does he play any style that suits Rogic. It's just not the right fit. Time to go. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

johnszasz - 12 Aug 2020 3:42 AM
He's way in his comfort zone and perhaps his personal life is exactly how he wants it. Professionally, it's definitely not where many and probably himself had envisioned.

That being said it's a fact that he was at his absolute best under Rodgers, a competent manager.

These injury issues keep occurring but I wonder how he might be under a different set of physiotherapy staff. Not to say Celtic's isn't top notch but there may be some way of managing his body. His lung capacity has either peaked or he needs an absolute flogging to get it higher. 

I've heard he's his harshest critic and is a real confidence player. No wonder he's down with how everything is going. Who knows how his relationship with Lennon is. Lennon doesn't want him nor does he play any style that suits Rogic. It's just not the right fit. Time to go. 

Same not having a go at SPL or Celtic but would love to see him in a warmer climate with less artificial pitches.. I think it would change some things for him.. But he must be in massive money at Celtic by now. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz early in his post makes sense for in the end your destiny is in your own hands.
CanberraHarry spot on.
He might be damn happy there but it all comes down to his own ambitions/desires right.
His tenure since Lennon came hasn't been great at all but he stays - most motivated players would have pushed your manager to search offers through last season for 20/21 to me.
So does he WANT it.

Love Football

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I rate Rogic as a talent from the beginning, gifted technically with great balance but maybe there is a perception he's not good as we made out to be?

Harsh to say this about him given his great talent but there are many great talents out there that play in the same role at many clubs in the continent too and probably are more effective too on a consistent basis, I feel it holds Rogic from going to the next step along with his ailing injuries which is known for quite awhile with us.

Hes 27 now and feel he's reached a stage where he's got a shorter window now to showcase himself to one of the bigger leagues, he's not the young talent that broke through when he first got to Celtic.

Thoughts on that? 
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I was fortunate to watch the Soceroos against England at the Stadium of Light in 2015. In discussions with the English supporters after they were unanimous in their praise of Rogic. Amazing to think that was 5 years ago next month. By way of a bit of context, that was the first game for a certain Marcus Rashford in English colours.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Footballking55
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Barca4Life - 12 Aug 2020 12:58 PM
I rate Rogic as a talent from the beginning, gifted technically with great balance but maybe there is a perception he's not good as we made out to be?

Harsh to say this about him given his great talent but there are many great talents out there that play in the same role at many clubs in the continent too and probably are more effective too on a consistent basis, I feel it holds Rogic from going to the next step along with his ailing injuries which is known for quite awhile with us.

Hes 27 now and feel he's reached a stage where he's got a shorter window now to showcase himself to one of the bigger leagues, he's not the young talent that broke through when he first got to Celtic.

Thoughts on that? 

The production line of youngsters here is broken so when someone young with talent pops there are enormous expectations put on them to really kick on and be the next big thing. Yeah Rogic was an exciting prospect when he was in the AL but it is impossible to determine the potential of a player until they are tested at higher level and I think he has hit his level.

Also, the true value of a player is what clubs are willing to pay for them and unfortunately while Rogic (and Arzani) are idolised here, the football world doesn't see the value which is reflected in the lack of transfer offers to better leagues or comps. On Transfermarkt Rogic is worth 2M Euro which is down on 12 months ago.

At 27 the window has closed for Rogic to become a "great" and get a transfer to the next level up league, particularly as he isnt a starter at the moment so any move would be sideways at best, and most likely down. He's probably earning well over $1M per year and has another 3 years left on his contract so why wouldnt he stay where he's comfortable until his contract expires and then either cash in on in the oil leagues or return to Aus as a marquee.

When 17YO's get game time in Europa League quarter finals and in AL we give 38 YO's 2 year contracts, you can probably figure out where the real problem lies.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Thoughts on that? 

All good points. But- unless he is injured- no way he shouldn’t be in squads at least
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Reminds me of that UAE lad with curly hair everyone was praising during afc 15 he is staying in his country instead of Europe 
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Balin Trev - 12 Aug 2020 2:46 PM

All good points. But- unless he is injured- no way he shouldn’t be in squads at least

Yeah, but if he isnt performing or doesnt fit into their plans then he will be left out, just look at how Zidane is treating Bale, Ozil at Arsenal, etc..

Also Celtic is normally a selling club so they may see more value in putting time into players they can sell for a good price.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

AJF - 12 Aug 2020 3:11 PM

Yeah, but if he isnt performing or doesnt fit into their plans then he will be left out, just look at how Zidane is treating Bale, Ozil at Arsenal, etc..

Also Celtic is normally a selling club so they may see more value in putting time into players they can sell for a good price.

Yeah but Celtic aint Real Madrid and Lennon aint no Zidane. It should be way tougher to get game time at Top clubs in top leagues
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The one who makes the call doesn't see it your way though, Lennon obviously sees otherwsie.
Not much you can do in that position but work harder at training and pray for some injuries that open the door for that chance and importantly deliver on that day.

Love Football

AJF
AJF
Pro

Balin Trev - 12 Aug 2020 3:20 PM
AJF - 12 Aug 2020 3:11 PM

Yeah but Celtic aint Real Madrid and Lennon aint no Zidane. It should be way tougher to get game time at Top clubs in top leagues

No doubt but Lennon sees Rogic every training session and obviously doesnt rate him as highly as other players in his squad so he doesnt play.

vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

He probably doesnt want to move.

He is probably happy not every player has the same ambitions.

I think we should just move on from him.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Rogic had a decent career at Celtic we all knew it wasnt the best move in terms of become the next big thing but he has done more in Europe then 95% of our HAL exports so he deserves credit. 

He certainly has hit the comfort zone with his career and personally I dont blame him but he is a very common theme amongst Aussie players - at least he didnt totally f**k off his career and got to China or other dud Asian leagues for money Milligan, Devere etc  all did 

Put yourself in his shoes 
- Guys 27-28 pretty sure he isnt married gets to live in  Europe (Celtic would pay his accommodation) and travel all over world 
- He is on €642,000 approx~1m AUD a season (according to Google) 
- He is the big fish in the little pond Celtic are head and shoulders the biggest team in Scotland so he would be famous which means hot girls, free meals, access to top night life etc. 
- He is still a certain for the Socceroos squad ie World cup
- English Speaking country so similar to what he knows 
- Gets to play in ECL/UCL 
- He is a bit injury prone 
- To be frank he isnt that good .... I dont think he could make it in a top 5 league

Honestly i dare say 90% of the people on this forum would trade positions with him in an instant (god knows i would) he is 'living the dream' he could go to some other more 'technical league' ie Holland, Belgium etc get way less money, bit at a smaller club (like Utretch or something ) and chances are his injuries will hold his career back further or he can continue to hold on the pair of aces life has given him cash in his chips and life it up? Really what would you do?

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

AJF - 12 Aug 2020 2:45 PM

The production line of youngsters here is broken so when someone young with talent pops there are enormous expectations put on them to really kick on and be the next big thing. Yeah Rogic was an exciting prospect when he was in the AL but it is impossible to determine the potential of a player until they are tested at higher level and I think he has hit his level.

Also, the true value of a player is what clubs are willing to pay for them and unfortunately while Rogic (and Arzani) are idolised here, the football world doesn't see the value which is reflected in the lack of transfer offers to better leagues or comps. On Transfermarkt Rogic is worth 2M Euro which is down on 12 months ago.

At 27 the window has closed for Rogic to become a "great" and get a transfer to the next level up league, particularly as he isnt a starter at the moment so any move would be sideways at best, and most likely down. He's probably earning well over $1M per year and has another 3 years left on his contract so why wouldnt he stay where he's comfortable until his contract expires and then either cash in on in the oil leagues or return to Aus as a marquee.

When 17YO's get game time in Europa League quarter finals and in AL we give 38 YO's 2 year contracts, you can probably figure out where the real problem lies.

All good points made AJF.

I do agree the poor production line has meant alot of pressure on the ones that look to have the ability and are pressured to exceed expectations like Rogic, Arzani especially players that have that different ability from the rest.

De Silva and Antonis had similar expectations too who have underwhelmed in their careers. 

So the pressure for them to succeed is more higher than your typical custom Australian player.

Its been good to see many young Australian talent get their chances in the short break but I do feel skeptical this will continue next season and beyond.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Barca4Life
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Davstar - 13 Aug 2020 12:01 AM
Rogic had a decent career at Celtic we all knew it wasnt the best move in terms of become the next big thing but he has done more in Europe then 95% of our HAL exports so he deserves credit. 

He certainly has hit the comfort zone with his career and personally I dont blame him but he is a very common theme amongst Aussie players - at least he didnt totally f**k off his career and got to China or other dud Asian leagues for money Milligan, Devere etc  all did 

Put yourself in his shoes 
- Guys 27-28 pretty sure he isnt married gets to live in  Europe (Celtic would pay his accommodation) and travel all over world 
- He is on €642,000 approx~1m AUD a season (according to Google) 
- He is the big fish in the little pond Celtic are head and shoulders the biggest team in Scotland so he would be famous which means hot girls, free meals, access to top night life etc. 
- He is still a certain for the Socceroos squad ie World cup
- English Speaking country so similar to what he knows 
- Gets to play in ECL/UCL 
- He is a bit injury prone 
- To be frank he isnt that good .... I dont think he could make it in a top 5 league

Honestly i dare say 90% of the people on this forum would trade positions with him in an instant (god knows i would) he is 'living the dream' he could go to some other more 'technical league' ie Holland, Belgium etc get way less money, bit at a smaller club (like Utretch or something ) and chances are his injuries will hold his career back further or he can continue to hold on the pair of aces life has given him cash in his chips and life it up? Really what would you do?

Pretty sure he's married. That aside, it's evident this is what he's doing. I'm actually surprised his agent isn't pushing a move to get some commission out of him. 

He's clearly comfortable, his own harshest critic and a confidence player. I think most of us would just like to see him around a better bunch of footballers. If he had that plus the fitness and confidence he'd surely perform well. 
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Come and play for Brisbane, the new Thomas broich

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend

As others have mentioned, it's no secret that he just likes living in Glasgow  and that he loves the club. Despite the usual bitching about Lennon from some on here, no one has yet mentioned that this is the year that Celtic might do 10 in a row.

Considering he's been around the club for so long, it would hardly be surprising if he wanted to be part of that moment if they get there. 

There is going to be an inevitable exodus of talent after this season anyway regardless of what happens and maybe he'll move away as well.

There is still time for him to play in a bigger league if he wants to but it's hardly going to be influenced by some moaning by the Australian press. 

Viennese Vuck

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 12 Aug 2020 2:51 PM
Reminds me of that UAE lad with curly hair everyone was praising during afc 15 he is staying in his country instead of Europe 

Except Abdulrahman actually got game time
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

melbourne_terrace - 13 Aug 2020 6:35 AM
As others have mentioned, it's no secret that he just likes living in Glasgow  and that he loves the club. Despite the usual bitching about Lennon from some on here, no one has yet mentioned that this is the year that Celtic might do 10 in a row.

Considering he's been around the club for so long, it would hardly be surprising if he wanted to be part of that moment if they get there. 

There is going to be an inevitable exodus of talent after this season anyway regardless of what happens and maybe he'll move away as well.

There is still time for him to play in a bigger league if he wants to but it's hardly going to be influenced by some moaning by the Australian press. 

Personally i dont care where the f*ck he plays- just wanna see him playing- regularly. 1 of our better Socceroos after all
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search