Hypothetical: What's your 4 club career?

Hypothetical: What's your 4 club career?

Author
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Your a pro-footballer you go to 4 clubs - 1st clubs got to be local (age range 17-21), 2nd got to be were you develop build a bit of a name (21-24), 3rd peak of your career anywhere you want (24-31), 4th your final pay day in your twilight years (31-35).....

Mine: 

Australia  MVFC - where i was born so make sense also biggest club in Australia.
Holland Ajax - being early 20s in Amsterdam would be sick place to live, Ajax also is top club to go too development wise
England Manchester United - been following them for a long time plus they pay crazy money, English speaking country etc Also get to play UCL 
USA LA Galaxy - finish my football career in LA as a marquee settle down with a beach side property in a relaxed city..... 

what's you 4 club career?

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Good question. 

1. South Coast United - as a kid from the bush, they were my team in the NSW top flight before the NSL started, and they had Peter Wilson as captain. I guess they have morphed into Wollongong Wolves.
2. AEK Athens - my wife is part Greek, and the Greek lifestyle would be brilliant.
3. Yep, Manchester United fan since I was very young, so a no brainer there, and the pay is not to be sneezed at.
4. FC Tokyo - What an opportunity to play in a developing Football nation. Great people, and a pretty good Football culture.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

In the perfect dream world due to family blood lines to start with.

1. APIA 2yrs then to SydUnited.
2. Porto, this country has been punching out good players in the past and last 10yrs even better, plus the wife is Portugese.
3. LFC - a dream move to play Anfield in front of the Kop and nail a hat trick at OT :).
4. Primera Div De Chile - Colo Colo, luv that part of the world, good football, good food good wine and nice women :)

Love Football

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Growing up 

Blacktown Demons... today CC Mariners
Gent in Belgium, great development league and many of our best went thu Belgium
Liverpool ... fan for as long as I can remember
Urawa Red Diamonds in Japan .... love their fans and very similar to Liverpool ...

Urawa Reds fans..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjWLOCv-Mk&ab_channel=UltrasAvanti

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Melbourne City: obviously my home town club: I’d try to do a mooy then move to

middlesbrough: gf’s home town team and a lot of Aussies have been there.

liverpool: first team I supported and I’d want to be a legend

melbourne city: wrap up my career as a home town legend 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 26 Oct 2020 7:10 AM
Melbourne City: obviously my home town club: I’d try to do a mooy then move to

middlesbrough: gf’s home town team and a lot of Aussies have been there.

liverpool: first team I supported and I’d want to be a legend

melbourne city: wrap up my career as a home town legend 

Ha Ha .... let me re-write this one for you in CFG speak. 

1/ You start off with a promising career at a decent A-League club before CFG steal you away with the promise of a Mooy-like European dream. 

2/ You sign and play for Melb City for a couple of seasons but never win a trophy of note, you get used to choking in big games though. 

3/ You sign for Man City in a dream deal, but immediately get loaned out to some third tier outfit and game time is few and far between. 

4/ Time flys by and after 3 years you re-sign for City to “kick start your career” but in reality, by age 28, your best years are behind you and you drift in to anonymity while a constant stream of “Australia best young players” arrive at the club and start ahead of you. 

CFG: #DreamFactoryNot 

😉

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Waz - 26 Oct 2020 7:31 AM
Melbcityguy - 26 Oct 2020 7:10 AM

Ha Ha .... let me re-write this one for you in CFG speak. 

1/ You start off with a promising career at a decent A-League club before CFG steal you away with the promise of a Mooy-like European dream. 

2/ You sign and play for Melb City for a couple of seasons but never win a trophy of note, you get used to choking in big games though. 

3/ You sign for Man City in a dream deal, but immediately get loaned out to some third tier outfit and game time is few and far between. 

4/ Time flys by and after 3 years you re-sign for City to “kick start your career” but in reality, by age 28, your best years are behind you and you drift in to anonymity while a constant stream of “Australia best young players” arrive at the club and start ahead of you. 

CFG: #DreamFactoryNot 

😉

Somebody woke up in a bad mood haha 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

CCM- Grew up there.
Portsmouth- Spent gap year there. 
Hannover 96- Been here a decade. 
Any A League club except Wellington. Nice way to return and settle. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

1. Malvern City Soccer Club (Melbourne)
2. South Melbourne Hellas
3. Liverpool - win the treble, score a hatrick in front of the Kop.
4. Panathinaikos - Chance to play UCL and perfect lifestyle, come back and coach South Melb in the Championship after playing days are over......
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 26 Oct 2020 12:29 PM
Davstar - 26 Oct 2020 12:06 AM

When you say local,  do you mean local to me now, or local when I was 17-21??

when you where that age (assuming your older then that now)

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Davstar - 26 Oct 2020 12:38 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 26 Oct 2020 12:29 PM

when you where that age (assuming your older then that now)

A lot older 😟

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

(1) 🍀Celtic
(2) 🍀Celtic
(3) 🍀Celtic
(4) 🍀Celtic

I'm one of those rare one club player.

After retiring as a player I go into coaching, and become Celtic's goal keeping coach 🙂

Hail Hail 🍀🇮🇪🇳🇬

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

I’d be more than happy spending my entire career at Adelaide United.

If I were to go overseas, it would have to be the right club (preferably in England or the Netherlands) and I would only leave if I have won the Premiership, the Championship and the FFA Cup. I would finish my career at Adelaide as well.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

1. Northcote/MV
2. Red star belgrade
3. Boca Juniors
4. West Ham
Edited
4 Years Ago by tsf
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

1. MVFC
2. Rayo Vallecano or Hansa (if they could get up a div)
3. Manchester United
4. MVFC
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Marconi .... did play there at 16
Ipswich Town ... a favourite team to watch in the late 70s - punched well above their weight
Leeds ... supported since 1972
Marconi ... to leave a ‘legacy’ 😄

Davstar
Davstar
World Class

clockwork orange - 26 Oct 2020 10:18 PM
Marconi .... did play there at 16
Ipswich Town ... a favourite team to watch in the late 70s - punched well above their weight
Leeds ... supported since 1972
Marconi ... to leave a ‘legacy’ 😄

Man Leeds have taken you on a rollercoaster must be buzzing being back in the PL 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Davstar - 26 Oct 2020 11:14 PM

Man Leeds have taken you on a rollercoaster must be buzzing being back in the PL 

just as waiting on a winning season for 30yrs :)

CO, great Club you follow and its so good they have made it back to the EPL. Another you mention, Ispwich Town.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 27 Oct 2020 9:57 AM

just as waiting on a winning season for 30yrs :)

CO, great Club you follow and its so good they have made it back to the EPL. Another you mention, Ispwich Town.

At least Leeds had an opportunity to re-join the top flight..... Can you imagine if the FA said to Leeds 16 years ago "your out now and will never ever be given a chance to play in the EPL again"?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Oct 2020 10:07 AM
LFC. - 27 Oct 2020 9:57 AM

At least Leeds had an opportunity to re-join the top flight..... Can you imagine if the FA said to Leeds 16 years ago "your out now and will never ever be given a chance to play in the EPL again"?

now now, I know where your heading lol.....
I agree by the way but not in this thread..

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 27 Oct 2020 10:15 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Oct 2020 10:07 AM

now now, I know where your heading lol.....
I agree by the way but not in this thread..

:) Sorry I just cant help myself sometimes mate. hahahahahhahah
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Who am I?

1. Marconi
2. Bristol City
3. Northampton Town
4. English pub team (with guest appearance for Norther Spirit)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

localstar - 27 Oct 2020 1:23 PM
Who am I?

1. Marconi
2. Bristol City
3. Northampton Town
4. English pub team (with guest appearance for Norther Spirit)

David Seal??? was a gun for Marconi, 
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Oct 2020 1:41 PM
localstar - 27 Oct 2020 1:23 PM

David Seal??? was a gun for Marconi, 

Yep.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Davstar - 26 Oct 2020 12:06 AM
Your a pro-footballer you go to 4 clubs - 1st clubs got to be local (age range 17-21), 2nd got to be were you develop build a bit of a name (21-24), 3rd peak of your career anywhere you want (24-31), 4th your final pay day in your twilight years (31-35).....

Mine: 

Australia  MVFC - where i was born so make sense also biggest club in Australia.
Holland Ajax - being early 20s in Amsterdam would be sick place to live, Ajax also is top club to go too development wise
England Manchester United - been following them for a long time plus they pay crazy money, English speaking country etc Also get to play UCL 
USA LA Galaxy - finish my football career in LA as a marquee settle down with a beach side property in a relaxed city..... 

what's you 4 club career?

Footballaget Fart- My continual exaltation of the club name would ensure I would be the favourite player with the fans, even if none of them wanted to get near me to tell me so.
Deportivo Moron- My spiritual home along with my fellow Morons. As an added bonus, I could go down the road and watch Velez play when I wasn't.
Cape Coast Mysterious Ebusua Dwarfs- With their kits like the socceroos, I could imagine I'm representing my country as I toughed it out on the far away Ghanaian fields. I could also finally learn what the mystery is.
Muscat FC - As early onset dementia set in whilst not actually being able to play anymore, i would become a club legend with my constant walking around asking "Where's Kevin?" "I thought Kevin was going to be here?"

Special mentions- Sadly, Deportivo Wanka are no longer operating, but it would have been nice to also play for los wankeros.
Ditto for Thai Tobacco Monopoly, who it seems, just like consumers of their leafy product, were doomed to a shorter lifespan than others.
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

Wanderers, Dortmund/Leeds, Some US team maybe.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

It’s certainly been a journey ... what’s most amazing is that in 6 weeks we’ve gone from a team people love to hate to many people’s second team. It just doesn’t feel right.😏
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

clockwork orange - 27 Oct 2020 8:28 PM

It’s certainly been a journey ... what’s most amazing is that in 6 weeks we’ve gone from a team people love to hate to many people’s second team. It just doesn’t feel right.😏
As a Utd fan I still very much dont like Leeds but i respect Marcelo Bielsa - every time i see Leeds play i think this bloke wanted the Socceroos job and we gave the job to GA (shaking my head) 

I am glad to have u back looking for to us vs Leeds 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Davstar - 27 Oct 2020 9:15 PM
clockwork orange - 27 Oct 2020 8:28 PM
As a Utd fan I still very much dont like Leeds but i respect Marcelo Bielsa - every time i see Leeds play i think this bloke wanted the Socceroos job and we gave the job to GA (shaking my head) 

I am glad to have u back looking for to us vs Leeds 

Perth Glory - Hometown
NK Rijeka - Dad & Nonno's birth place - nice locale to hang out in Europe
Leeds - Supported since 91 - so not as long as CO - but its been an interesting ride
Bali United or FC Goa - chill by the beach..

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search