Aus A vs Ind A

Aus A vs Ind A

Author
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Has anyone been watching? Green and Neser looking good.
flyslip
flyslip
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)

ThingyBob - 8 Dec 2020 2:05 PM
Has anyone been watching? Green and Neser looking good.

Haven't been watching it but have been taking notice.

Some take aways...

Have all sorts of doubts about Pucovski. The way he played the one that clocked him was atrocious for a top class batsman and given his history...Every chance he will be Phil Hughes like, great in domestic cricket but not up to at test level. Would enjoy it if that was wrong though.

Quite a dilemma with our openers, as we now have no one in the squad deserving the role. Great that Green has been given the nod, but it will be interesting who they leave out. Neither Wade nor Head really deserves the chop as yet. Perhaps they'll move Wade up to open? Wouldn't be entirely against Paine opening for one match, has a good enough technique to bide some time at the crease.

If they go with Burns/Harris it will almost be certain that Labuschagne will batting in the first few overs, with Smith also out there early.

flyslip
flyslip
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)Hardcore Fan (194 reputation)

Paine seems to be indicating that Burns and Wade will open. Surely Burns doesn't deserve it, was mediocre against the Kiwis, cant score a run this season. It's basically promoting Marnus to opener.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/cricket/news/cricket-2020-australia-india-test-series-opening-batsmen-joe-burns-tim-paine-cameron-green-matthew-wade/1035og9tf2d1n1imqev4bmysxe

jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

flyslip - 16 Dec 2020 12:28 PM
Paine seems to be indicating that Burns and Wade will open. Surely Burns doesn't deserve it, was mediocre against the Kiwis, cant score a run this season. It's basically promoting Marnus to opener.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/cricket/news/cricket-2020-australia-india-test-series-opening-batsmen-joe-burns-tim-paine-cameron-green-matthew-wade/1035og9tf2d1n1imqev4bmysxe

jaszyjim
The lack of replies on this site is an indication of how CA has failed.
If you do not have it on free to air & abc the bulk of the public loose interest.
BBL is on free to air - well done except if you want to listen to it o n the radio - not on.
I was an avid test watcher - have watched very little & listened to the abc for most of it to date..
As most of you will know I have been a critic of Paine - great to see him do a captains knock
I waited until I saw both sides bat before posting - waste of time - the selectors got it so wrong,
and what was Smith doing!!!
I have often been an lone advocate of Smith ever since the debacle - but I failed to understand his mind set.
Another interesting day tomorrow

jj
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search