MacArthur vs Wellington

MacArthur vs Wellington

Author
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Stupid kick from Rufer, probably not a red but he invites that with the needless kick 
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

That's dodgy as hell. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
A red for boot on boot contact for the person on the deck? It just looked like he was protecting himself. You could only see it as lashing out if you viewed the motion from in slowmo and in reverse. VAR covering itself in glory again.
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I can actually see how that was given a red. You could argue it was just his natural motion, but you could also argue he knew what he was doing and left his legs hanging to stop Genreau - the motion wasn't too malicious/lash out though. Very very harsh.

Probably just a yellow.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

sportaddict - 9 Jan 2021 6:24 PM
Stupid kick from Rufer, probably not a red but he invites that with the needless kick 

It only looks like a kick when you view it in slow mo and reverse, in the real world he just looks like he's protecting his body while on the ground or following the motion from falling over.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Game gifted.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Looking at it again, Rufer’s eyes are closed, couldn’t possibly see Genreau. Stupid call. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again, in addition to having a one minute decision timer from the event in question, VAR should also only be able to adjudicate footage in forward motion and 1x speed. You can distort actions to look like whatever you want by ping-ponging slow-mo footage around a few frames. If the VAR is really only for "clear and obvious" errors then they shouldn't have any worries with that.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

If Rufer's "kick" while being knocked over with his eyes closed was a straight red then there's no way that Genreu's high boot to the head flooring Ridenton is just a yellow. Almost blatant enough to call it shenanigans to get some needed good results for the expansion franchise.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

And six minutes of stoppage time for the Cows to make the most of their one man advantage lol
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro

Milicic is such an average coach. They’re barely even threatening playing against 10 men with a far stronger team on paper. We’ve seen this a thousand times with the Matildas and the youth teams ...
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Derbyshire has looked pretty average in his first 3 games 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

The red card was the worst VAR decision I have seen. In some parts of the world, you would immediately know that the fix was in. That bad. 
localstar
localstar
Pro

Paul01 - 9 Jan 2021 5:51 PM
Such sh1t rose. 

He is the new Mitch Nicholls
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I don't get how refs can call time early like that. Surely, it's not hard to keep track of minutes lost during injury time. Way to have both sets of players on your case. Anyway, I'm happy Wellington held on. 

I enjoyed watching Devlin versus Genreau - the former is such a niggling nugget. You love to see it. Actually I was pretty impressed by some of Wellington's new fellas. Laws, Lewis and McGarry all showed something. Unfortunately, Sotirio is still around to mess things up. 

MacArthur are a strangely dull team, very one-paced. If Tommy Oar is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.  

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Is it just me or were the blokes in the VAR booth actually wanting the ref to look at Genreau's tackle? Foot over the ball, mistimed, a bit reckless.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Edited
3 Years Ago by playmaker11
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro

playmaker11 - 9 Jan 2021 7:07 PM
Is it just me or were the blokes in the VAR booth actually wanting the ref to look at Genreau's tackle? Foot over the ball, mistimed, a bit reckless.

That was my first thought, too. Definitely a foul by Genreau. I think Rufer may have left his foot in for some sort of self-preservation, but there was no kicking action to warrant a red for me. Replays were pretty conclusive that his eyes were closed when bracing to hit the ground. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

ctrl - 9 Jan 2021 7:06 PM
I don't get how refs can call time early like that. Surely, it's not hard to keep track of minutes lost during injury time. Way to have both sets of players on your case. Anyway, I'm happy Wellington held on. 

I enjoyed watching Devlin versus Genreau - the former is such a niggling nugget. You love to see it. Actually I was pretty impressed by some of Wellington's new fellas. Laws, Lewis and McGarry all showed something. Unfortunately, Sotirio is still around to mess things up. 

MacArthur are a strangely dull team, very one-paced. If Tommy Oar is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.  

Agree on all points 
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro

Devlin is such a good player... say this every week but he has real potential. 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Bulls can improve with Susaeta as AM, Genreau as the 8 and Rose with Oar on the wings.
localstar
localstar
Pro

These guys are desperate to keep their jobs. This was a shocking use of VAR. It's time FIFA ended the experiment.
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

ctrl - 9 Jan 2021 7:14 PM

That was my first thought, too. Definitely a foul by Genreau. I think Rufer may have left his foot in for some sort of self-preservation, but there was no kicking action to warrant a red for me. Replays were pretty conclusive that his eyes were closed when bracing to hit the ground. 

It looks like Genreau gets contact ABOVE  the boot with studs. That's a red card for Serious Foul Play.

Rufer appears to lash out and makes contact with Genreau with his studs. That's a red card for violent conduct.
There should have been 2 reds if one was awarded. 
Lucas is not best and Kris Griffiths-Jones is a f***wit.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

The bulls need to work out a better front 3 to compliment Derbyshire, otherwise he’s not going to be effective for them.

Either LA Rose or Susaeta on the right, but on the left Rose doesn’t work as he’s not technically good enough yet for that role whilst he needs to learn better spatial awareness off the ball as you are spending most of the time cutting on your favoured foot.

Not sure that Susaeta can play on the left but he may have the profile of that position but they need to use Tommy Oar or the young lad Hollman for better balance, Oar is comfortable hugging the touch line on the left putting in crosses in but Oar and Meredith don’t fit together as they want to play in similar areas on the left.
Whilst the young boy Hollman can cut in from the left.

The midfield is similar too, they all want the ball at feet and want to make those passes in tight but it’s all front of them if the movement up top is not there, also they don’t support Derbyshire well enough as he tends to be isolated up front most times.

The goal came from a break of play from Benat who found Susaeta who went in behind the Nix’s back 4 in transition.

The bulls will get better but they need a lot of work alot on their deficiencies.

The nix looked good, nothing has changed apart from Hemed but they will be up there as the general play looks slick and precise.

Devlin plays with a lot of energy always chasing but he’s got intelligence in his play as well.

I dont think it was a red card either.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

soccerfoo - 9 Jan 2021 7:49 PM
Bulls can improve with Susaeta as AM, Genreau as the 8 and Rose with Oar on the wings.

Someone needs to make better runs of the ball with Derbyshire as the hold up striker.
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

The fact that shit like this is a card at all brings the sport into disrepute with most Australians. I could sit next to one or my mates watching that and they'd say the sport is full of faggots, sad but true.

It's about time red cards were removed from the game instead of being used as a tool of corruption. I have no idea why sin bins don't exist, it would stop games from being ruined by shit calls like this one. Fucking stomped on closes his eyes, if anything his boots might have grazed Genreaus precious legs little turd has been watching too much Neymar, he went down because he was afraid he commited a red card offence himself, again red cards are shit when they make players do stupid shit like this.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Nunya
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Bulls are weighed down by thuggery, and they should be getting cards for first offences when they are such blatant hacks and cynical fouls. Pisses me off no end to see players waving one finger at the ref saying it was my first cardable offence sir like that is an entitlement. Davila was fouled so many times by different players all demanding their first offence exemption. Milligan is getting worse as a player - like Muscat towards the end - his speed is going and he is escalating the anti-football aspect of his play to make up for it.

Great game again by Franjic.

Wellington are the goods this season - lovely play and well put together. As was mentioned earlier, it is a shame Sotirio is in the team or I could actually like them.

The red card was bullshit and the tackle by the Macarthur player in that same incident was a clear cardable offence and far more dangerous than not pulling an injured leg away from the player who caused it.

One bad decision ruined the game, robbed the Nix of a great game, and carried BSFC further along in their media success.

Milicic is not coming through as a good coach. The more games they play the worse they seem to get. Defending in their own half invited the Nix to dominate them in the first half (not that it completely ended then). Much like Roar against Victory - asking for pressure to be piled on - but no considered change of tactics just more of the same.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro

Gotta be a bit concerning that Franjic is far and away your most sprightly defender. 
charlied
charlied
Pro

I'm trying to remember the last time Tommy Oar actually impacted a game.

The game was stolen from the Nix by the referees. Should have been 2 home losses on the trott from the Bulls.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Derbyshire cannot do a thing so long as the Bulls are the worst crossing team out of the twelve teams. That must frustrate him no end.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Nunya - 9 Jan 2021 8:49 PM

The fact that shit like this is a card at all brings the sport into disrepute with most Australians. I could sit next to one or my mates watching that and they'd say the sport is full of faggots, sad but true.

It's about time red cards were removed from the game instead of being used as a tool of corruption. I have no idea why sin bins don't exist, it would stop games from being ruined by shit calls like this one. Fucking stomped on closes his eyes, if anything his boots might have grazed Genreaus precious legs little turd has been watching too much Neymar, he went down because he was afraid he commited a red card offence himself, again red cards are shit when they make players do stupid shit like this.

Hey whats a sin bin? Does that have something to do with the "faggots" your friends are afraid are infesting the sport? Are you saying that if a player commits an offence he should not be sent off but be molested? Im confused by this,  is this what MOST Australians want?  
Edited
3 Years Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search