MacArthur vs Wellington

MacArthur vs Wellington

Author
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
charlied - 9 Jan 2021 7:04 PM
The red card was the worst VAR decision I have seen. In some parts of the world, you would immediately know that the fix was in. That bad. 

Having just watched the replay as a neutral, that's how I felt. 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Wollongong Phoenix lose Cacace and Taylor and end up getting McGarry and Laws. Piscopo out injured although they have now got Lewis. Ufy has really gotten some seriously good replacements in.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

soccerfoo - 10 Jan 2021 3:27 PM
Wollongong Phoenix lose Cacace and Taylor and end up getting McGarry and Laws. Piscopo out injured although they have now got Lewis. Ufy has really gotten some seriously good replacements in.

Showing himself to be the best Australian coach for my money. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Nix come close to winning the comp. 
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

playmaker11 - 9 Jan 2021 7:07 PM
Is it just me or were the blokes in the VAR booth actually wanting the ref to look at Genreau's tackle? Foot over the ball, mistimed, a bit reckless.

That is what I first thought as Rufer was clearly fouled by Genreau as Genreau's studs clearly crunch into Rufer's ankle causing him to fallover in pain, its bad enough that the referee missed the illegal tackle on Rufer the first time but then he misses it again when he gets to see the replay and then he gives Rufer a red card for that half hearted lash at best, that was the worst decision I have seen in a long time.

The commentators also have even less of and excuse to miss Generau tackle as they got to see replay after replay and yet not one of the commentators mentioned the Generau tackle on Rufer, how can they miss it, how can they not see Generau's studs contact Rufers ankle and the amount of bend it caused RUFER'S ankle? 

I watched this game as a neutral and Wellington were clearly ripped off by that very poor decision.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

Bowden - 9 Jan 2021 6:56 PM
Derbyshire has looked pretty average in his first 3 games 

Hasn't been getting much service.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Only saw the myfootball replay on youtube earlier today.
On a side note it looks like foxsports has retired it's mobile app which is just madness in this day and age.

Completely agree with all the posters in that it was a terrible terrible VAR call.

richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Apparently the Ref's bosses have admitted they got it wrong in #MACvWEL twice: in being referred to the VAR and again for the red. But the appeal is completely different and is a much higher threshold. Am waiting on ref report and probably MRP. "From a tweet by one of the Nix managers"
Edited
3 Years Ago by richv
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Footballfirst - 10 Jan 2021 6:51 PM
playmaker11 - 9 Jan 2021 7:07 PM

That is what I first thought as Rufer was clearly fouled by Genreau as Genreau's studs clearly crunch into Rufer's ankle causing him to fallover in pain, its bad enough that the referee missed the illegal tackle on Rufer the first time but then he misses it again when he gets to see the replay and then he gives Rufer a red card for that half hearted lash at best, that was the worst decision I have seen in a long time.

The commentators also have even less of and excuse to miss Generau tackle as they got to see replay after replay and yet not one of the commentators mentioned the Generau tackle on Rufer, how can they miss it, how can they not see Generau's studs contact Rufers ankle and the amount of bend it caused RUFER'S ankle? 

I watched this game as a neutral and Wellington were clearly ripped off by that very poor decision.

I was pretty sure the commentators first comment on seeing the VAR replay was that maybe the VAR was asking Lucas to look at Genreau's studs in tackle - but that faded away pretty quickly to just disbelief over the red card side.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

The ref was clearly man o'the match. People pay hard earnt so refs must get it right.
They shit me. Replace them with a drone!
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker

Roar in me Blood - 10 Jan 2021 8:05 PM
Footballfirst - 10 Jan 2021 6:51 PM

I was pretty sure the commentators first comment on seeing the VAR replay was that maybe the VAR was asking Lucas to look at Genreau's studs in tackle - but that faded away pretty quickly to just disbelief over the red card side.

On reflection I think you might be right re the commentators and they did mention it fleetingly but gee they brushed it away quickly, they should have mentioned a lot more of the Generau tackle to further emphaphis the injustice of it all. I have nothing against Generau, I think he is a good player and has played well this year but that was a bad tackle, not intentional but studs into the ankle forcing Rufers ankle to bend nastily could have injured Rufer seriously, then Generau carries  on afterwards like he had been shot when he was only brushed by Rufer at most was all very ordinary and was further compounded by the referees decision, which was the worst VAR red card decision I can recall ever seeing, just an absolute shocker.
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

FA and MRP still trying to get bomb shelter ready (slow decision making) Forensic Investigator required to view VAR version of replay. 

Clear Contact There

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

NO Officials got it right?  Match Ban - Any Action re the stomp on ruffer?

Clear Contact There

Edited
3 Years Ago by Blew.2
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Wrong call for Rufer, the red got down graded but still suspended one week. Get the whip out now.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star

Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:45 AM

Independent A/L still run n controlled by FA Officials

Clear Contact There

richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Any word on the state of Jovanivic after this game. 
He came off looking in a shocking state after trying to carry on after that head clash, then headed the ball again and he could hardly stand on his own feet.
Little said about this, but that was a shocking decision by Macarthur's physio to keep that guy on the field. Sooner they bring in new concussion rules the better.

Edited
3 Years Ago by richv
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:59 AM
Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:45 AM

Independent A/L still run n controlled by FA Officials

There has to be a regulator, otherwise the likes of Sage and co will run riot. The profits from A League clubs are measured different now, as agreed to by the club owners and that is what drives their interest.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Gyfox - 7 Jan 2021 5:40 PM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Jan 2021 4:07 PM

It is spelt the same as the region the club plays in.  The history of the region's name is an interesting read.  It was a slow transition from the name of a Federal electorate through to the region over about 30 years from 1949.

https://camdenhistorynotes.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/macarthur-regional-identity/

Just to elaborate a little more. Mac & Mc mean " son of ", so in this case it is son of Arthur. Case rested.
Edited
3 Years Ago by SUTHERLANDBEAR
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search