Brisbane vs melbourne victory

Brisbane vs melbourne victory

Author
bluebird2
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ds98 - 9 Jan 2021 11:10 AM
clockwork orange - 9 Jan 2021 10:43 AM

And no. Quite obviously.  I think the majority of people know why these places have found it difficult to stem the flow, if you don't, I can only suggest some catching up of current affairs.

Do you understand the difference between 1-3 infected people leaving quarantine vs thousands of infected people entering a country each day. The situation for us vs other countries cant even be compared. You're talking as if other countries havent worked it out yet

As much as you want to think other countries are in the wrong by simply not staying in lockdown, I bet there are plenty of people around the world scratching their heads as to why the 3 biggest cities in Australia are under restrictions on a day where there was 1 case new announced. We're fighting a war simulation with paintball bullets
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

clockwork orange - 9 Jan 2021 11:17 AM

Question: do you think we should automatically go into hard lockdown every time there is a single COVID case say in the next two years? 

We have set up our Covid response where a case is treated like the end of the world, especially ifs it’s outside NSW.

This all goes back to the start where most of the country eliminated Covid by fluke, we never learnt to live with it.

it will be absolute chaos if the UK strain gets us.
Edited
3 Years Ago by southmelb
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Howe the hell have MV only played 1 game 3 weeks in to season? I understand one game postponed wasnt it? Or have two been postponed? This is ludicrous
Edited
3 Years Ago by tsf
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

tsf - 17 Jan 2021 6:15 PM
Howe the hell have MV only played 1 game 3 weeks in to season? I understand one game postponed wasnt it? Or have two been postponed? This is ludicrous

No it’s not. If Victory and Roar had played, Australia could now be in the same situation as the UK. You know it’s true.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It was a GOOD GAME though 😁
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

bluebird2 - 9 Jan 2021 11:25 AM

Do you understand the difference between 1-3 infected people leaving quarantine vs thousands of infected people entering a country each day. The situation for us vs other countries cant even be compared. You're talking as if other countries havent worked it out yet

As much as you want to think other countries are in the wrong by simply not staying in lockdown, I bet there are plenty of people around the world scratching their heads as to why the 3 biggest cities in Australia are under restrictions on a day where there was 1 case new announced. We're fighting a war simulation with paintball bullets

I have friends in the UK, one of them fit as fiddle. Does iron man and shit like that. Has covid now says it absolutely fuckin wrecked him, has completely lost his sense of smell and taste, feels exhausted a lot. Don't know about you, but I'd rather deal with the lockdowns and shit for a few more months until the vaccines roll out rather than deal with potentially permanent damage to my lungs and losing 2 of my 5 senses in my 30's. I couldn't give a fuck if people over seas are scratching their heads.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

MV were shell shocked and are in hiding still recuperating 😂 

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

The amount of disruption is insane, countries where the virus is 100x worse aren't facing this 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

lukerobinho - 17 Jan 2021 11:20 PM
The amount of disruption is insane, countries where the virus is 100x worse aren't facing this 

There’s a clue in what you’ve said as to WHY Australia isn’t 100x worse. 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Waz - 17 Jan 2021 11:29 PM

Its called a Weak Federal Constitution whereby the States have been granted too much power. Have to live with it now.
You know the words, don't go for a quiet holiday that you deserve interstate because if one person farts a covid positive  your two week holiday may leave you stranded there for 8-10 weeks.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

European nations aren't using mandatory incoming quarantines like Australia. Australia is also an island nation making it more difficult for the virus to spread 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

lukerobinho - 18 Jan 2021 12:41 AM

European nations aren't using mandatory incoming quarantines like Australia. Australia is also an island nation making it more difficult for the virus to spread 

Yes NZ is gert by sea as well. But no, the borders over there will remain closed forever and isn't she doing a great Political job  as is McGowan. There have elections in WA In March you know.
This season has turned out hectic already.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Nunya - 17 Jan 2021 6:29 PM
bluebird2 - 9 Jan 2021 11:25 AM

I have friends in the UK, one of them fit as fiddle. Does iron man and shit like that. Has covid now says it absolutely fuckin wrecked him, has completely lost his sense of smell and taste, feels exhausted a lot. Don't know about you, but I'd rather deal with the lockdowns and shit for a few more months until the vaccines roll out rather than deal with potentially permanent damage to my lungs and losing 2 of my 5 senses in my 30's. I couldn't give a fuck if people over seas are scratching their heads.

Ok. Meanwhile numerous premier league players get COVID, do their quarantine and go straight back into the starting line up. But let’s lock down the world because your mate felt poorly.
In Australia there’s  currently more chance of dying in a car accident than dying of COVID. Better stay under your bed.
Edited
3 Years Ago by clockwork orange
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

SWandP - 8 Jan 2021 2:04 PM
bluebird2 - 8 Jan 2021 1:52 PM

Fuckwit after Fuckwit posting their ignorance and hatred.

Absolutely no respect for the familys of the 820 Victorians who died of Covid in the last uncontrolled outbreak.  No respect for the pain and suffering of millions of Victorians that stood and followed the rules and brought that horror to a halt.

Now we face a new and greater threat from a new direction and the callous pieces of shit want to see more death and suffering because somehow a game of football is important.

Even the Trumpist simp that is the Nation's Prime Minister gets it:

'This isn't any ordinary strain'

"I know they will be some in Brisbane today asking 'why is this necessary? There is only one case. '" said Prime Minster Scott Morrison."Well, this isn't any ordinary case."This is a very special case and one that requires us to treat things quite differently until we know more and we will learn much in the next few days.
So now that we know that the person had the amazingly contagious UK strain and had more than 140 ‘close contacts’ but only passed it on to her partner, how about we reduce the level of alarmism?

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

If the FFA (or whoever is in charge of scheduling), had moved the Sydney teams and Wellington to somewhere like the gold coast on a temporary basis, this would not have occurred. it would have been full steam ahead. The cynic in me wonders if this would have happened if it was Melbourne. anyway…

From a Victory POV, this is probably a good thing. We have been able to get a few solid weeks of training in together and we will be going to Adelaide with a full squad.

Also, spare a thought for Perth who are yet to play.   

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search