Do you care what people think about the a league?

Do you care what people think about the a league?

Author
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Remote Control - 1 Oct 2022 10:49 AM
So   how   many    will   the    APL   get    for   their    opening   round ,  big  blue   at   a   big ,  shiny  brand   new    stadium ?   Surely    a   sell   out  ,  right ?

Saw a billboard in the  Sydney domestic airport precinct of the big blue this morning as well. Thats good advertising.
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

soccerfoo - 1 Oct 2022 4:44 PM

Saw a billboard in the  Sydney domestic airport precinct of the big blue this morning as well. Thats good advertising.

I  guess   we' ll    see   next   week   how   "good "  the   promotion/advertising   has   been ...
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

So   how   many    will   the    APL   get    for   their    opening   round ,  big  blue   at   a   big ,  shiny  brand   new    stadium ?   Surely    a   sell   out  ,  right ?

Considering that their has NEVER been a sell out game against MVFC at Allianz in both guises, then i would say no their won't be. 20000 would be decent enough.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 1 Oct 2022 11:08 PM
soccerfoo - 1 Oct 2022 4:44 PM

I  guess   we' ll    see   next   week   how   "good "  the   promotion/advertising   has   been ...

Actually we won't. The question about advertising is how many saw it - not how many will attend. You would have to ask everyone if they knew the game was on before you could say if the message got out there well enough and that is never going to happen. I do not believe advertising itself is enough to create interest in football - the interest really has to be there since very few people who have no interest in football are just going to go to a game 'alone' on the basis of an ad campaign. If a season generates interest as it goes along then advertising has a chance to make people want to become a part of it - but not up front.

We will see an indicator of the strength of the league's support for that one game though - that will be interesting. How much has Corica's 'rebuild' offset the poor results and football of last season. How much has the Australia Cup generated interest in live football at a higher exposure level. How much have people been waiting for the season to start and get along to a great day/night out.

I am looking forward to the season. hope to watch as many games as I can again, and will not appear as a statistic to measure advertising success by anywhere.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Roar in me Blood
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 2 Oct 2022 10:08 AM
Remote Control - 1 Oct 2022 11:08 PM

Actually we won't. 

Yes   we    will .   Crowd   size   is     one    good   measure   of   the   effectiveness    of  the   APL' s   promotion/advertising    of   the   league .    

No  Excuses .
Edited
2 Years Ago by Remote Control
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 2 Oct 2022 10:17 AM

Yes   we    will .   Crowd   size   is     one    good   measure   of   the   effectiveness    of  the   APL' s   promotion/advertising    of   the   league .    

No  Excuses .

Need more people to have an interest in the code first. Townsend keeps saying there are 8 mil football supporters in Australia but only 3mil are A League supporters so they need to engage the other 5 mil. Oh I know, Bring on the NSD with Pro/Rel fools!!!
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

No  Excuses .

I understand what you are saying, but actually attending a game is not a very good measure at all. TV/streaming ratings would be a more effective measure - especially for the start of season.

My basic premise is that no-one who has not been to a live 'soccer' game would see an ad and go. They need to be enticed by a community buzz and growing awareness/hype as the season progresses.

A team that performed poorly last season is not carrying casual fans into the new season and no advertising will do that. Start of season attendance is for 'already fans' and those who think things might have changed based on what they have made themselves aware of during the offseason. Advertising just has to prick at the subconsciousness of those already open to attending so they know it is on.

The football we have seen during the Australia Cup is a bigger incentive to go.
The World Cup(s) might spark some general interest.

Other than that, advertising is wasted early on and attendance at the opening round is just an indicator to me of baked on support and re-engaging hopefuls. Increasing attendance throughout the season is then a more relevant measure of something.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Roar in me Blood - 2 Oct 2022 10:45 AM

I understand what you are saying, but actually attending a game is not a very good measure at all. 

ha ha  ....  ok   RIMB    whatever    you   want   to   believe ...
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

I think the current situation with the Australia cup and bad behaviour clearly shows people do care....

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Davstar - 2 Oct 2022 5:31 PM
I think the current situation with the Australia cup and bad behaviour clearly shows people do care....

Nah these, from the early years are political statements whereby certain types are advertising they're narrative to those that don't give a toss about what they are spruiking. All this self importance is all in they're minds.This is a backward mindset which is perpetual.  I'm describing the facist element with Vile Values.
Vile types stop the hard sell, not buying! 
Edited
2 Years Ago by soccerfoo
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search