Arzani’s Utrecht loan to be cut short

Arzani’s Utrecht loan to be cut short

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jaymz - 14 Jan 2021 10:09 AM
Barca4Life - 13 Jan 2021 6:48 PM

22 is not seen as young in any other country (other than aus). Especially in Europe. So it could be teams are expecting more from him given his age, but his limited play time has stagnated this development compared to his peers. 

A loan to Girona may help, but i am assuming that City want to loan him to a club with the option to buy in order to make some money back. The Nordic leagues may be a good option for him

To be honest im not sure if he has enough leverage now compared to 2 years ago when it comes to options, if the lad couldn't play for FC Utrecht who are known to developing young talent then its going to be hard just to walk into another league as a loanee.

And expect him to walk into a club in Spain like Girona? Patrick Roberts a former loanee from Man City couldn't get enough game time so how do we expect Daniel to get game time there? 

I can see him coming back to the aleague and the reality is this won't harm him as he badly needs to get his confidence back through regular game time.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

johnszasz - 13 Jan 2021 10:25 PM
A return worked wonders for Ikon until disaster struck. It's certainly more the injury than skill. His confidence would be down. I'd prefer young Australians to try for the A League instead. Risdon and Grant have turned into very good players. Imagine Gersbach with 4 full A League seasons now. He be better than where he is now but to what extent? 

A return to the A League worked wonders for Mooy as well.

Arzani and Gerbach both need to return to the A league, if all goes well upon their A League return they are both still young enough to be able to return to Europe.
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

saweston - 13 Jan 2021 1:11 PM
hellas_johnny - 13 Jan 2021 11:49 AM

For a start, FC Utrecht are in the top flight. Also, the article does mention that club had held onto Gyrano Kerk who Arzani couldn't overtake in the pecking order. Not sure if FC Utrecht were thinking they might lose this other winger and Arzani was brought in as a back up... but it's obviously worked out to not be the ideal option.

Thing is, he just needs game time, perhaps a stint in the A-League will get that confidence back.  

Sure FC Utrecht are in the top flight but Jong FC Utrecht (U21s/reseeves) who Daniel has played a few times for this season and was playing 90 minutes for just a month ago suddenly stopped being picked. Was he injured or was he just dropped?  Who knows 

CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Barca4Life - 14 Jan 2021 10:57 AM

To be honest im not sure if he has enough leverage now compared to 2 years ago when it comes to options, if the lad couldn't play for FC Utrecht who are known to developing young talent then its going to be hard just to walk into another league as a loanee.

And expect him to walk into a club in Spain like Girona? Patrick Roberts a former loanee from Man City couldn't get enough game time so how do we expect Daniel to get game time there? 

I can see him coming back to the aleague and the reality is this won't harm him as he badly needs to get his confidence back through regular game time.

City will let him go in June.  He's not a bright young thing any more.  Sadly, he's just another player who didn't quite cut it.  The ACL did him in.

Hope he comes back to City.  He isn't a lost cause yet, but he MUST be playing.
Edited
3 Years Ago by CS
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Barca4Life - 14 Jan 2021 10:57 AM

Their is a good reason why Roberts didn't get much game time, he is S H I T E.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I just cant understand the mentality... Mooy has shown it can be done... if you dominate in the a-league you will get a move to a club that wants you. But you have to fucking DOMINATE... Arzani needs 20+ goals for a season or two and he will get a good move..
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

Won't happen but he is probably better off staying on the radar in England, maybe dropping to HK's Oldham or even lower in just to get the guaranteed minutes.... he should take his mate Panos Armenakas while he is at it.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Xanthi or Yokohama Marinos
CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

jas88 - 14 Jan 2021 5:17 PM
I just cant understand the mentality... Mooy has shown it can be done... if you dominate in the a-league you will get a move to a club that wants you. But you have to fucking DOMINATE... Arzani needs 20+ goals for a season or two and he will get a good move..

Agree
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
apillay12 - 14 Jan 2021 9:05 PM
Yokohama Marinos

Assuming Ange is still there, this is probably the best option. Good shout.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paladisious - 15 Jan 2021 9:43 AM
apillay12 - 14 Jan 2021 9:05 PM

Assuming Ange is still there, this is probably the best option. Good shout.

Any reason to think Ange would give Arzani a preference against any other CFG loanee?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jan 2021 10:49 AM
paladisious - 15 Jan 2021 9:43 AM

Any reason to think Ange would give Arzani a preference against any other CFG loanee?

I think Ange genuinely has the best interests of Australian football at heart, but yes he'd also prioritise the job he's being paid to do.

Either way, at least he'd be better off sitting on the bench under the tutelage of Ange than sitting on the bench elsewhere.
richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

paladisious - 15 Jan 2021 11:29 AM

I think Ange genuinely has the best interests of Australian football at heart, but yes he'd also prioritise the job he's being paid to do.

Either way, at least he'd be better off sitting on the bench under the tutelage of Ange than sitting on the bench elsewhere.

He would struggle to get game time in J1 at present. plenty of good technical players in japan.  He needs to go somewhere and play. Even if it means dropping down in league level.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I dont know Angie well personally, only met him a few times but others that do tell me he feels pretty jaded with how he was "hounded out of Australia". 
Podiacide
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

DandyCasey - 14 Jan 2021 7:29 PM
Won't happen but he is probably better off staying on the radar in England, maybe dropping to HK's Oldham or even lower in just to get the guaranteed minutes.... he should take his mate Panos Armenakas while he is at it.

At least Armenakas is getting a few minutes here and there for a decent team in a decent league (Belgium), he could still come good.

CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

If you look across Europe, the list of players around Azarni's age excelling at the very highest level makes depressing reading in terms of where Daniel's career stands.

He left the A League too soon, went to a club so wrong for him it was bad joke, then was out for almost 2 years with his ACL.  Just a cascade of poor judgement and disastrous luck, but the end result remains.

He needs to come home and be happy and play every week.  Mooy has shown it can work and he was a lot older than Daniel.
CS
CS
Rising Star

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jan 2021 12:16 PM

I dont know Angie well personally, only met him a few times but others that do tell me he feels pretty jaded with how he was "hounded out of Australia". 

Ange is notably misanthropic with an unhealthy martyr complex.  He made a mess of the Roos post 2015 Asian Cup and then cut and ran for the money when disastrous performances were at the edge of seriously damaging his post NT career.  He wasn't hounded out.  That's simply self justification for a self interested decision that left his players feeling betrayed - which they were.  

If you could see Ange's ego, it would loom over him like a dark colossus, shadowing his every step. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by CS
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

CS - 15 Jan 2021 2:21 PM

Ange is notably misanthropic with an unhealthy martyr complex.  He made a mess of the Roos post 2015 Asian Cup and then cut and ran for the money when disastrous performances were at the edge of seriously damaging his post NT career.  He wasn't hounded out.  That's simply self justification for a self interested decision that left his players feeling betrayed - which they were.  

If you could see Ange's ego, it would loom over him like a dark colossus, shadowing his every step. 

It must suck to be so bitter.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Aha do all Greeks have persecution complexes???

He QUIT and abandoned his players on the eve of a world cup for a secure career move.
Don't let him rewrite the history.

Even if he was frustrated and unhappy with the FFA and their "vision" (rightfully so, no doubt) he could have stayed loyal to his team for another month and seen the job he started through. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Davide82 - 15 Jan 2021 4:15 PM

Aha do all Greeks have persecution complexes???

He QUIT and abandoned his players on the eve of a world cup for a secure career move.
Don't let him rewrite the history.

Even if he was frustrated and unhappy with the FFA and their "vision" (rightfully so, no doubt) he could have stayed loyal to his team for another month and seen the job he started through. 

Aha, so he is Greek now but in 2015 he was our dinkie die Aussie hero? ... I love this country sometimes....
Like I said I dont know the guy but I do empathise with how he was treated.  Also my point then stands, if he is "the Greek" why would he then want to help out a young up an coming *cough cough* Aussie?
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

lebo_roo - 15 Jan 2021 2:46 PM
CS - 15 Jan 2021 2:21 PM

It must suck to be so bitter.

I don't understand your comment. I'm not bitter about anything. These were simply my observations. I was at every Suncorp match when AP coached Brisbane. I have great admiration for the man. But that is doesn't change my view of his NT exit. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jan 2021 4:29 PM
Davide82 - 15 Jan 2021 4:15 PM

Aha, so he is Greek now but in 2015 he was our dinkie die Aussie hero? ... I love this country sometimes....
Like I said I dont know the guy but I do empathise with how he was treated.  Also my point then stands, if he is "the Greek" why would he then want to help out a young up an coming *cough cough* Aussie?

And yeah I'm one and the same as CS. For some reason I can't gets CS to work on my phone, only on my computer. 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

What about Ruiz-Diaz and Silvera then?
This is getting too much attention.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

CS - 15 Jan 2021 2:19 PM
If you look across Europe, the list of players around Azarni's age excelling at the very highest level makes depressing reading in terms of where Daniel's career stands.

He left the A League too soon, went to a club so wrong for him it was bad joke, then was out for almost 2 years with his ACL.  Just a cascade of poor judgement and disastrous luck, but the end result remains.

He needs to come home and be happy and play every week.  Mooy has shown it can work and he was a lot older than Daniel.

What is really disheartening is seeing so many young asian players coming through.. we cant seem to find one aussie, Souttar is the only shining light we have.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

charlied - 15 Jan 2021 8:36 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jan 2021 4:29 PM

And yeah I'm one and the same as CS. For some reason I can't gets CS to work on my phone, only on my computer. 

???? OK
charlied
charlied
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jan 2021 9:49 PM
charlied - 15 Jan 2021 8:36 PM

???? OK

Yeah I should rationalise. 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

FC Utrecht coach, René Hake when asked if Daniel Arzani could leave the club this month 🗣️: "That could happen. It's clear that he doesn't meet our expectations."

Far out, that’s savage. 

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/football/news/daniel-arzani-facing-early-utrecht-exit-after-disappointing-manager/175dy5tq3toew1w8jdxkxe3w96#click=https://t.co/QzPjrYlo23
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Bowden - 16 Jan 2021 3:56 PM
FC Utrecht coach, René Hake when asked if Daniel Arzani could leave the club this month 🗣️: "That could happen. It's clear that he doesn't meet our expectations."

Far out, that’s savage. 

Thanks for info 👍 I guess a coach with 36% win rate in 75 games at FC Twente must know better than former coach Van den Brom who played Arzani in 4 games before he left for Belgium?? Guess Hake doesn’t think much of Bert either 
blob:https://forum.insidesport.com.au/c847383b-35b6-4546-8715-102ac9ff8012
Edited
3 Years Ago by Balin Trev
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

It's clear this fucker has no idea. He hasn't been given any opportunity since Hake took over as Manager
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search