Maty Ryan Joins Arsenal!!!!

Maty Ryan Joins Arsenal!!!!

Author
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jaymz - 22 Jan 2021 10:27 PM
First Aussie keeper since kalac to be riding the pine at a big club.

in all seriousness hope this works out for him. Was def worth a gamble, was not going to ply at Brighton anyway. So at the very least it should make finding a new club easier if Arsenal isn’t a good fit

Brad Jones at Liverpool
Langers at Dortmund - rode the pine in champions league final.
one Matt Ryan at Valencia!
Brad jones starter at Feyenoord couple of years ago winning the league. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Just realised that he's only signed on a loan at Arsenal until the end of the season, Brighton must really want him off their books. We'll just have to wait and see what's next for him I guess.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

paladisious - 23 Jan 2021 11:10 AM
Just realised that he's only signed on a loan at Arsenal until the end of the season, Brighton must really want him off their books. We'll just have to wait and see what's next for him I guess.

Looking quite likely that Brighton will go down to the Championship so very unlikely Ryan will ever be back there. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

charlied - 23 Jan 2021 11:35 AM
paladisious - 23 Jan 2021 11:10 AM

Looking quite likely that Brighton will go down to the Championship so very unlikely Ryan will ever be back there. 

They still have him contracted for one more season, maybe they'd take him back in the Championship if he can't break through anywhere else. It'd still be a good level of football, and more chance to get minutes.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Fark the negativity. An aussie keeper just joined arsenal.Well done. Ppl fapped when kalac joined AC milan and he was always going to be useless 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 23 Jan 2021 12:34 PM
Fark the negativity. An aussie keeper just joined arsenal.Well done. Ppl fapped when kalac joined AC milan and he was always going to be useless 

Not trying to be negative for once, I like Ryan, however our first choice keeper for the national team is now a backup keeper at Arsenal......... Spider was never a first stringer for the national side mate and the fact our second or even third choice keeper was in Series A was a huge source of pride for us.
leonidas
leonidas
Weekender
Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)

This won't stop me following Brighton, except now I'll be hoping they lose
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

paladisious - 23 Jan 2021 10:28 AM

Needless to say those that eschewed Langerak due to him being the number two keeper at a big club and advocated for Ryan who was playing regularly, albeit in a smaller league will be reaching for the Uno reverse card right about now lol

Calm down... he's signed a 6 month loan deal. It's not a 5 year deal. It will give him another opportunity to impress EPL managers.. You really wanna start a guy who is taking shot from j league players who don't get about 6ft tall in goal or a guy practicing his saves against aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, martinelli and Pepe??  

I mean sometime this forum throws up some crazy ideas but this just insane honestly.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz - 22 Jan 2021 10:16 PM
Leno stuffs up enough that Ryan will get a chance. Good move. Plenty of competitions and minutes for Arsenal.

agree.  before this season (his stats are pretty poor this season) he showed that he was better than battling relegation every season.

really good outcome considering where things went for him at brighton.  

it's a real shame arsenal are out of the f.a. cup though now.  the busy fixture list was going to be getting ryan on the pitch.  there were a few pundits picking ryan in the 11 for yesterdays fixture.

if arsenal pull themselves into a euro slot for next season it would probably be worth ryan sticking around.  he would be getting games.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

inala brah - 24 Jan 2021 3:26 PM

agree.  before this season (his stats are pretty poor this season) he showed that he was better than battling relegation every season.

really good outcome considering where things went for him at brighton.  

it's a real shame arsenal are out of the f.a. cup though now.  the busy fixture list was going to be getting ryan on the pitch.  there were a few pundits picking ryan in the 11 for yesterdays fixture.

if arsenal pull themselves into a euro slot for next season it would probably be worth ryan sticking around.  he would be getting games.

Nah us being knocked out of the cup is a blessing . We can focus on our league position and the Europa where Ryan will get game time .  Leno needs a break and having Ryan allows for that to happen as runnarsson is way to green
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

jas88 - 24 Jan 2021 1:00 AM

Calm down... he's signed a 6 month loan deal. It's not a 5 year deal. It will give him another opportunity to impress EPL managers.. You really wanna start a guy who is taking shot from j league players who don't get about 6ft tall in goal or a guy practicing his saves against aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, martinelli and Pepe??  

I mean sometime this forum throws up some crazy ideas but this just insane honestly.

I can see that you've missed my point. What I was saying was that you could have used the same argument for Langerak when he was practicing saves against Lewandowski, Immobile, Gotze, Reus, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, etc. under the tutelage of Jürgen Klopp while Ryan was playing for CCM and Club Brugge.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Bowden - 22 Jan 2021 10:18 PM
Awesome stuff!! 

First Aussie there since Kosmina.

Get woke Bowden, the womens team has a good four aussies involved right now. 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Needless to say those that eschewed Langerak due to him being the number two keeper at a big club and advocated for Ryan who was playing regularly, albeit in a smaller league will be reaching for the Uno reverse card right about now lol

7,000 languages in the world and you decide to speak facts. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

Leno stuffs up enough that Ryan will get a chance. 

This interests me. You obviously have followed Leno much more than I have, I basically wasn't aware of him before joining Arsenal. I find him fantastic, and I am not usually one to rate keepers. I have watched Arsenal games where he has been the reason for the result, in a positive way. I have seen very few mistakes from the guy that any other keeper doesn't also do routinely enough. 

I very much rate Ryan too by the way. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Good loan move for Maty.  It will be an interesting 6 months. 
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

pv4 - 25 Jan 2021 2:09 PM

This interests me. You obviously have followed Leno much more than I have, I basically wasn't aware of him before joining Arsenal. I find him fantastic, and I am not usually one to rate keepers. I have watched Arsenal games where he has been the reason for the result, in a positive way. I have seen very few mistakes from the guy that any other keeper doesn't also do routinely enough. 

I think Leno would have been disappointed with the goal he allowed in the FA Cup. Can't help but think Maty would have got down for that. It did take a touch but he was already on the way down and if he made it down would have blocked both the original and the deflection. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by patjennings
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Leno is a fantastic keeper. There was a bit of shakiness at the beginning of his time at Arsenal, but he's cemented himself since then and save Arsenal on many ocassions. Maty might get a game or two depending on what happens in the Europa league but being out of the cups, his chances are pretty slim unless Leno gets injured or Arteta thinks he needs a rest.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

He's certainly stabilized but has always been good for a howler. I guess it's more the German news here and fans who don't seem to rate him. It's good for all parties involved to have healthy competition. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search