Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC - Sunday 4th April

Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC - Sunday 4th April

Author
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Vuck active support throwing stuff at Barbarouses (who was being a dickhead) and at others just adds to the impression that active support in Melbourne is a bad thing. Idiots who ruin it for themselves then whinge about being treated like the dickheads they have proven themselves to be.

"But stadium security treat us like we are scum and criminals..."

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't doubt that Vic Pol and Stadium Security go over the top and treat active support bad - but seriously, how do you expect to be treated any different or be taken seriously when you make a complaint? They trot out footage like that and there you are.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

All jokes aside it’s such a shame to see a club that big to be so bad. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 4 Apr 2021 8:56 PM
Roar in me Blood - 4 Apr 2021 8:54 PM

That wasn't a pen. Started in the box . Fell outside.  Daniel elder is a joke.  

Started in the box? The foul wasn't making him fall over - the foul was holding the player. Like punching someone in the head in the box, but the body hit the ground outside?

As blatant a foul in the box as you will see.

RedFunk
RedFunk
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 4 Apr 2021 9:06 PM
All jokes aside it’s such a shame to see a club that big to be so bad. 

Quite hilarious actually :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Summerteeth
Summerteeth
Rising Star
Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)

Another massive clear out is in order for Vuck. I can count the players who deserve to stay in one hand
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

LOL at Roux saying Kruse is a great leader and probably forgot to hand over the Captain's armband...

The sulky look as he had his tanty and threw the armband onto the ground said it all. If he is the leader, there is no respect for the club there.

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 4 Apr 2021 9:12 PM
LOL at Roux saying Kruse is a great leader and probably forgot to hand over the Captain's armband...

The sulky look as he had his tanty and threw the armband onto the ground said it all. If he is the leader, there is no respect for the club there.

Don't know him from a bar of soap but jeez as a player he comes across like a prat of the first order. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

And Kayo has a pic of Nabbout in a Victory shirt on the tab for the mini. Ffs Fox are clowns,but it kinda says something about how on the nose this team is. 

charlied
charlied
Pro

Whoops my bad. For some reason they have a mini from last year up there.
Doesn't changed anything I said about Foxwell though. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 4 Apr 2021 9:04 PM
Vuck active support throwing stuff at Barbarouses (who was being a dickhead) and at others just adds to the impression that active support in Melbourne is a bad thing. Idiots who ruin it for themselves then whinge about being treated like the dickheads they have proven themselves to be.

"But stadium security treat us like we are scum and criminals..."

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't doubt that Vic Pol and Stadium Security go over the top and treat active support bad - but seriously, how do you expect to be treated any different or be taken seriously when you make a complaint? They trot out footage like that and there you are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1378652909890510851
Well done Aleague. What a fantastic tribute to the old NSL days... If a few more people rocked up and there where a few flares it would almost be perfect....
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

They are throwing plastic bottles, not great but a player who they spent a lot of years supporting just went and celebrated in their face. Ill let that one pass, would happen anywhere in the world that gave two fucks about football..

Beaten by Eldar

Edited
3 Years Ago by Eldar
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

So how many times have mvfc been battered by a rival by 3 goals or more this season?
It’s beyond embarrassing.

Brebner should quit to show a sense of dignity and respect for the club.
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

They are a rabble.
How many turned up tonight?  Be lucky if it was 3,000

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Eldar - 4 Apr 2021 9:53 PM
They are throwing plastic bottles, not great but a player who they spent a lot of years supporting just went and celebrated in their face. Ill let that one pass.

Hmmmmmm. Just good ol' fashioned passion in the stands tonight huh?  Thank Christ they wherent waving another country's flag around.... few,  disaster averted. 
Sorry Eldar, not aimed at you, but you can imagine the comments on here if this was to happen at a non franchise game.
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Apr 2021 10:01 PM

Hmmmmmm. Just good ol' fashioned passion in the stands tonight huh?  Thank Christ they wherent waving another country's flag around.... few,  disaster averted. 
Sorry Eldar, not aimed at you, but you can imagine the comments on here if this was to happen at a non franchise game.

Well, I mean, they weren't throwing rocks through the opposition teams bus window or group charging opposition fans but sure I take your point.

Beaten by Eldar

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

They are throwing plastic bottles, not great but a player who they spent a lot of years supporting just went and celebrated in their face. Ill let that one pass, would happen anywhere in the world that gave two fucks about football..

Yeh he acted like a fucking tool.  The way he left us and then how he acts on socials . Seems like he doesn't know how to know act. He played for pana.  Imagine if he acted like that if he went from pana  to aek.  
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

bettega - 4 Apr 2021 9:59 PM
They are a rabble.
How many turned up tonight?  Be lucky if it was 3,000

Official number was 5347. Which sounds terrible (because it absolutely is), however consider the rest of the attendances so far this round:
WU v MC @ AAMI - 6104
CCM v AU - 5053
MAC v PG - 3724
BR v WSW - 4952

The 5k mark seems to be the new normal for the A-League.
The big blue number is bad, but let's face it, it's completely understandable. No one wants to see their team lose at home, and SFC is the worst team to lose a home game to.
The bigger question is why WU v MC only manage 6.1k. MC are a genuine favorite to win the comp and WU can be very competitive on a good day.
Speaks volumes about the state of the league.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

And the police and stadium staff will continue to treat them all like scum, and when they examine the footage and single out the poor victims who were throwing stuff and fine and/or ban them they will cry 'fair enough - I am guilty'.

The 'world over' benchmark has no acceptance from me against violent conduct - which is what it was.

All plastic bottles until someone loses an eye ;)

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Couple of weeks ago I said they should ride it out with him as the consequences for finishing bottom are zilch, just start over next season, but looking at the ladder and seeing this club sitting on 8 points is laughable, looking at the remaining 8 games I don’t see a win anywhere, maybe the Jets next week but that’s away from home, a fair few potential smashings in the remaining games.

Club needs some sort of momentum going into next season,

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Maybe Kosta B shouldn't have celebrated the goal in front the active support for Victory, you just run the risk for some retaliation.

Sydney FC looked quite comfortable and scored a couple of nice goals from good combination play but the what if it was still 11v11, Troare hit the post before that and who knows what the game could have been if that went in but Kamsoba got double yellowed.

Kruse throwing the captain's armband like that shows me the club lacks real leadership when things get tough, who ever is in the charge for next season they really need to fix this before going on that real transformation.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

someguyjc - 4 Apr 2021 10:44 PM

Official number was 5347. Which sounds terrible (because it absolutely is), however consider the rest of the attendances so far this round:
WU v MC @ AAMI - 6104
CCM v AU - 5053
MAC v PG - 3724
BR v WSW - 4952

The big blue number is bad, but let's face it, it's completely understandable. No one wants to see their team lose at home, and SFC is the worst team to lose a home game to.
The bigger question is why WU v MC only manage 6.1k. MC are a genuine favorite to win the comp and WU can be very competitive on a good day.

Gotta say the small crowd for this match concerns me.... not that long ago it was being spoken about as challenging for the best Australian club game across all codes...

Where have the MV fans gone 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Barca4Life - 4 Apr 2021 11:02 PM
Maybe Kosta B shouldn't have celebrated the goal in front the active support for Victory, you just run the risk for some retaliation.

Sydney FC looked quite comfortable and scored a couple of nice goals from good combination play but the what if it was still 11v11, Troare hit the post before that and who knows what the game could have been if that went in but Kamsoba got double yellowed.

Kruse throwing the captain's armband like that shows me the club lacks real leadership when things get tough, who ever is in the charge for next season they really need to fix this before going on that real transformation.

Totally agree that Kosta was being a dick - but the Vuck have had such trouble with the perception of their active support can they not see that retaliation hurts the club they are actively undermining, as much as it hurts their ongoing acceptance as a necessary part of the game?

Throwing stuff at a turd is much worse than acting the turd.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 4 Apr 2021 10:45 PM

And the police and stadium staff will continue to treat them all like scum, and when they examine the footage and single out the poor victims who were throwing stuff and fine and/or ban them they will cry 'fair enough - I am guilty'.

The 'world over' benchmark has no acceptance from me against violent conduct - which is what it was.

All plastic bottles until someone loses an eye ;)

Police and stadium staff have bigger issues to deal with.  A  Collingwood fan got caught on camera attacking a secco and it went viral . They can't ignore it . The afl have hidden it well but its blown up and the msm have slowly been ignoring the aleague due to afl fans becoming more and more feral
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

WU v MC @ AAMI - 6104
CCM v AU - 5053
MAC v PG - 3724
BR v WSW - 4952

Maybe the WU VMC attendance was low due to a 17.30 KO.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

14 matches, 13 goals conceded.  Sydney will work their way up the table.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Cappuccino
Cappuccino
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

There are lots of reasons to expect a poor crowd  - continued concern over attending big events cos of COVID, Melbourne’s poor season, etc.

... but nothing can satisfactorily explain the “biggest club in the league” barely hitting 5k for a match against their biggest rivals.

That is genuinely embarrassing.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Cappuccino - 5 Apr 2021 12:31 AM
There are lots of reasons to expect a poor crowd  - continued concern over attending big events cos of COVID, Melbourne’s poor season, etc.

... but nothing can satisfactorily explain the “biggest club in the league” barely hitting 5k for a match against their biggest rivals.

That is genuinely embarrassing.

Happens when city and wu having better seasons. There's 15 k plus members with half only turning up when we're doing good. Everyone in Melbourne loves a winner. Which explains how Richmond tigers have over 100k members 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 4 Apr 2021 11:45 PM
Roar in me Blood - 4 Apr 2021 10:45 PM

Police and stadium staff have bigger issues to deal with.  A  Collingwood fan got caught on camera attacking a secco and it went viral . They can't ignore it . The afl have hidden it well but its blown up and the msm have slowly been ignoring the aleague due to afl fans becoming more and more feral

From an AFL perspective, their media will see that the offender is prosecuted for assault, the 'one bad egg' dealt with, and the club disowning any link to that sort of behaviour.
From a media perspective, a single Collingwood fan against footage of a sea of traditional abusive football hooligans hurling bottles at a player...what will get the most outrage?

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 5 Apr 2021 9:02 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 4 Apr 2021 11:45 PM

From an AFL perspective, their media will see that the offender is prosecuted for assault, the 'one bad egg' dealt with, and the club disowning any link to that sort of behaviour.
From a media perspective, a single Collingwood fan against footage of a sea of traditional abusive football hooligans hurling bottles at a player...what will get the most outrage?

Nah the media can't ignore it now. There's plenty of videos of afl fans having punch ons In the city . They're tried to push it under the carpet but people have been calling rhem out . 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Midfielder - 4 Apr 2021 11:25 PM

Gotta say the small crowd for this match concerns me.... not that long ago it was being spoken about as challenging for the best Australian club game across all codes...

Where have the MV fans gone 

It's absolutely concerning, but not unsurprising. When a team is doing badly the numbers are going to fall. When it's two seasons in a row of poor results, the fall in numbers is compounded. It's only natural. That being said, if relegation was on the table, the fans would definitely be there in greater numbers. It's a symptom of a closed league with no risk and little rewards. Once the opportunity for silverware is gone, there isn't much for fans to get excited about.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search