Australia in the Olympics thread

Australia in the Olympics thread

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 23 Jul 2021 11:55 PM
paladisious - 23 Jul 2021 10:53 PM

Thought so too. Probably on Pocari Sweat.

Consistent AFC sponsor 👍
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I’m find 7mate doesn’t load with the new events. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 24 Jul 2021 10:24 AM
I’m find 7mate doesn’t load with the new events. 

Yeah, tried to open the rowing today and it didn't work.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Anyone watching the hockey? The Australian men's team who are ranked number one have just thrown away a 0-2 lead and are trailing 3-2 to Japan just before half time.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paladisious - 24 Jul 2021 11:14 AM
Anyone watching the hockey? The Australian men's team who are ranked number one have just thrown away a 0-2 lead and are trailing 3-2 to Japan just before half time.

I watched it I really enjoyed the match. Good win in the end watching the gymnastics now as the other half half took the remote 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Such a shame seeing all these temporary stands that'll be taken down with nobody ever sitting in them.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paladisious - 24 Jul 2021 1:11 PM
Such a shame seeing all these temporary stands that'll be taken down with nobody ever sitting in them.

The tennis snippets I got were just sad. So dead there. Fencing had the screaming anyway.

The cycling road race at least has the public there. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

All these fans crowded together long streets. Thank God they're not sitting in the arena in a chess board system with distance.

It just baffles me how they couldn't even come up with a safe concept to allow just a few in to watch the beach volleyball or judo. Meanwhile plenty of officials and even relatives appeared to be at the shooting. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

German TV seems to work with  Australia VPN  so maybe less hassle with 7plus here and there.

https://www.zdf.de/sport/sport-im-zdf-livestream-live-100.html

Edited
3 Years Ago by johnszasz
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Disappointing in Men's 100m Breaststroke but some very good results elsewhere. Unfortunately this means they'll flop in the final
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

7Plus works fine with VPN for the normal 7 channels. If I click on a specific sport channel ending in, say, TOK11 I get the error message. Annoying but the vast majority of things will either be on 7 live or ZDF. UK viewers were shocked to learn of the Discovery rights purchase pushing it all to Disney and Eurosport. German broadcaster sub licences everything Eurosport shows here.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Great Britain vs Italy in women’s archery is going to be fun 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Swimming finals begining at 11:30am AEST. Skateboarding starts for the first time ever at 09:30 with finals at 1:30pm.
Egypt v Argentina are on before us at 5:30pm.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

this afternoon/evening is delicious we’re in waterpolo, basketball, hockey and then the main event Australia vs Spain. Even New Zealand vs hondraus is worth flicking on 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Terrific world record and gold by the Aussies in the women's 4x100. It was cute when the Canadian team gave their silver medals to each other, they might have just started a tradition.

Good to see the Japanese girl get the gold in the individual medley, they needed a win.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

paladisious - 25 Jul 2021 1:18 PM
Terrific world record and gold by the Aussies in the women's 4x100. It was cute when the Canadian team gave their silver medals to each other, they might have just started a tradition.

Good to see the Japanese girl get the gold in the individual medley, they needed a win.

Girls delivered massively. Congrats to the Tunisian who swum brilliantly. McLoughlin did well. Smith with a bronze which is great for medley. Germans were massively disappointed in their swimmer. 

Bit disappointed about Barty. Those silly gold projections nail on every decent chance and dream upset. 
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Wouldn't mind seeing indoor Volleyball and European Handball more in Australia, they're both pretty cool sports
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Anyone watching the basketball? USA are moments away from losing to France.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

paladisious - 26 Jul 2021 12:01 AM
Anyone watching the basketball? USA are moments away from losing to France.

They missed so many 3 pointers in the final minute, Frustrating long for the game to end.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

rip America, Brazil vs Korea volleyball is still on
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Triathlon very early Monday morning. 6:30 local time it appears.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Glory Recruit - 25 Jul 2021 10:58 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing indoor Volleyball and European Handball more in Australia, they're both pretty cool sports

It's a shame they Sydney games didn't get more out of having top quality handball played. We played a little in high school but it never took off like junior basketball in the 90s.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

johnszasz - 26 Jul 2021 12:18 AM
Glory Recruit - 25 Jul 2021 10:58 PM

It's a shame they Sydney games didn't get more out of having top quality handball played. We played a little in high school but it never took off like junior basketball in the 90s.

Yeah I also played it a bit in high school, which I only remembered today lol
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Very impressive last gasp effort to get the bronze in the men's 4x100 freestyle, we weren't expected to do that we'll.

Titmus obviously the star of the show today.

Two young Aussies coming 9th in semi finals, missing finals by single hundredths of a second each, but both taking it admirably.
bluebird2
bluebird2
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

I would have paid to see this on Optus or Kayo instead of channel 7

The on demand service is shit. Only about 20% full replays of some events. Its not like rights are an issue as they are listed to be available for 5 months. Throwing a full replay up doesnt take much effort

There is also no "coming soon" section like other live sports apps. Instead when an event starts it just magically appears in the live section and then disappears when it is finished. This may not be a problem but they arent showing all events

Its not often there is an Olympics in prime time and not often half the country are on stay at home orders. This is such a wasted opportunity for channel 7 to sell itself. SO much money and planning and this is the best they were able to do
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

yes frigging annoying when your having to change from channel to channel staying on the coverage your watching.

Other than that, hey I'm thankful there is sport to watch whilst were in lockdown.
Complain complain is todays norm and I'm guilty as well But I have to spin the positives.

Seeing the varying sports is good, not all some suck or take too long like the cycling (yes I admire their fitness etc) but its a wlecome relief.
I'm not a full on WFH, during the week I can still go to my office to break the monotomy of being in the one place thankfully and the wife LOL.......

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

and worse......
The Shinya show.
WTF - and that Maher try hard, thankfully the remote is at hand, what PIA that guy comes across as.....

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

My favorite sports to watch have been water polo, hockey and archery 
bluebird2
bluebird2
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 26 Jul 2021 8:21 PM

Lots of people have been hooked on archery and other events they otherwise wouldnt watch. This is where 7 need to stop trying to guess what is popular and simply present all content in a non bias way. We dont want to just see Aussies and gold

Its not hard to publish a full replay and their Olympics team should be at it around the clock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 26 Jul 2021 8:21 PM

Agreed plus more.
The gym floor comps are pretty mad for you normally don't go out of your way to watch.
I cringe when watching them on the pummel horse or floor - the thought of breaking something with the landing makes me grab my ankle or picture broken legs.
The heights they generate is impressive.
The beam, omg another disaster waiting to happen.

The rapids are pretty cool, I'm a surfer of the past so watching that now competing is pretty cool.
Rowing.
The fitness of the water polo.
I'd like to see more table tennis.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search