'Follow your heart': Mourinho's message to Volpato over Socceroos choice [Comments]

'Follow your heart': Mourinho's message to Volpato over Socceroos...

Author
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'd wait a year then make a decision.  Arnie will not be coach after the next world cup & the next guy is going to have a very different approach I feel.  

Patience is key here from his perspective. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

jas88 - 6 Dec 2021 4:23 PM
Not sure what to make of this... if your a young Italian trying to break through you have to get out of Italy to play like most of the young guns coming through like Raspadori, Mulattieri and Yeboah who all spent time in Holland or Austria getting game time.

I just don't think you can make a call till he's actually played a few games. Very weird situation to me.... 3-0 down and you bring him on? what for? get booed at?

Seems weird to me.

Its all about blooding a promising 18 year old, giving him minutes in a match which is dead any way.... For all his failings, Mourinho is a master at player management.... .
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Benched - 6 Dec 2021 3:47 PM
tsf - 6 Dec 2021 12:37 PM

Very much this. Does he feel Aussie or Italian?

Does it really matter that much? You play for the best team you can.
He'll only live once. Choose Australia over Italy? You have to be kidding. 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 6 Dec 2021 10:09 PM

Its all about blooding a promising 18 year old, giving him minutes in a match which is dead any way.... For all his failings, Mourinho is a master at player management.... .

A manager with 8 premierships across for 4 different countries including 6 in the top 3 leagues in Europe, plus 2 champions league titles, plus 2 Euro cups, I think most would like his failings.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Jose being touted for Everton to replace Benitez. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

robbos - 7 Dec 2021 6:40 AM

A manager with 8 premierships across for 4 different countries including 6 in the top 3 leagues in Europe, plus 2 champions league titles, plus 2 Euro cups, I think most would like his failings.

Take it easy Robbo. I was NOT criticising the "Special One" I agree with you 100%. One of the greatest managers of the last 20-30 years.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

but they got a ECL game this week that they should dominate? I expect then he will get significant game time then? against sofia?
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

charlied - 7 Dec 2021 12:07 AM
Benched - 6 Dec 2021 3:47 PM

Does it really matter that much? You play for the best team you can.
He'll only live once. Choose Australia over Italy? You have to be kidding. 

At 18 he's not going to make the senior Italian team after getting 3 mins off the bench. That's enough time for him to make the next Socceroos squad, because we can't afford to lose a player that COULD be good enough to play for Italy in 3/ 4 yrs. We need to take a punt and lock him in because we don't get players of his potential every 10 yrs or so. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search