Ukraine

Ukraine

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Oct 2022 4:38 PM
tsf - 13 Oct 2022 3:11 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/turkish-leader-repeats-veiled-threat-greece-feuds-89403098

Its more valid than Erdogan's "We'll come in the middle of the night" line.. hahahahahahahahah Still no EU sanctions against Turkey though eh? Maybe when they stop the 100 or so aerial border violations every week and finally decide that he has to invade an island otherwise risk losing an election then maybe the coalition of the willing can help?

The Russians flat out lied (obviously not news) but interesting how the the anti vaxxer crowd gobbled it up and re parroted it. 

Then just conveniently moved on to the next lie 

Erdogan is as bad as Putin btw. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 13 Oct 2022 7:10 PM

The Russians flat out lied (obviously not news) but interesting how the the anti vaxxer crowd gobbled it up and re parroted it. 

Then just conveniently moved on to the next lie 

C'mon mate, I aint no anti-vaxxer, I was tripled jabbed by the start of November last year :)
My point was that its ALL bullshit, they ALL lie, claiming one is morally superior to the other is a load of crap. Erdogan, Cavusoglu and Bahceli in Turkey are rabid, psyopathic dogs, no different to Putin, no different to Asad, or Bush or Trump or Blair ... and on and on and on.... 

Reading your comment "What happen to all those top secret chemical weapon labs the usual suspects were going on about - you know as a reason to invade?" fpr a second I thought you were talking about the invasion of Iraq (not even joking... I wondered what that had to do with Ukraine)

From a Greece/Turkey perspective I can tell you that everyone I know agrees that Turkish people are bloody fantastic. Just normal people like, us, trying to make their way in the world. Feed their kids, contribute to society, enjoy themselves etc. Polls taken by both Greek and Turkish media in the last few days shows that over 80% of people in both countries have NOTHING but love and respect for the average person on "the other side". But if/when that moron Erdogan makes the stupid mistake of swallowing Putins fake friendship and invades sovereign Greek soil there will be another war in the Aegean and another group of innocent citizens that will suffer the ramifications of western sanctions...... Erdogan has his palaces but the average Mehmet and his wife in Constantinople are struggling with hyper inflation and unemployment today as it is... With EU and western sanctions they will be fleeing Turkey alongside the Syrian refugees soon, nobody wants that.....

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I wasn’t calling you an anti vaxxer bud. More a comment on that movement. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Yep.  I'm genuinely surprised Turkey isn't more sympathetic to Russia. They are two peas in a pod.  Add the Hungarian bloke into that mix.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Edited
2 Years Ago by sydneyfc1987
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 16 Oct 2022 5:44 PM

Yep.  I'm genuinely surprised Turkey isn't more sympathetic to Russia. They are two peas in a pod.  Add the Hungarian bloke into that mix.

Its all posturing, 10 months out from an election, failing economy and playing both sides against the middle has lead to poor Tagip wanting to "revive" the Ottoman Empire..... at least thats how he is selling it to the voting public in Turkey.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Let's face it, Russia have so far completely botched it - and are even getting beaten. Hence why they're now just deliberately targeting civilians. They will not win the war and won't take Kiev. It's utterly futile. 

But they have plenty of resources and will just send people to the frontline to get slaughtered.

It's dispelled many myths about Russia. It's shown just how weak and poorly run their military actually is. The incompetance is astounding.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 17 Oct 2022 12:11 PM
Let's face it, Russia have so far completely botched it - and are even getting beaten. Hence why they're now just deliberately targeting civilians. They will not win the war and won't take Kiev. It's utterly futile. 

But they have plenty of resources and will just send people to the frontline to get slaughtered.

It's dispelled many myths about Russia. It's shown just how weak and poorly run their military actually is. The incompetance is astounding.

I just pray that Turkey doesn't see "doing a Russia" as their only way out.... I still stand by the thought that the "west" has pushed and pushed for this as a way of turning a market competitor in a consumer and shoring up resources for the future... Look what Biden just did to the Chinese superconductor industry in one stroke of the pen overnight..... I said at the start of this thread that "sinister shit is going down" ... yeah I know it sounds like conspiracy theory but ......... Like the chick in a crop top walking into an abandon house in the forrest says in every slasher move "Ive got a baaaaaaadddd feeling about this"
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

tsf - 17 Oct 2022 12:11 PM

Yes. America (and the UK) must be looking at this with great interest. There's a myriad of problems from what I've read. Rank corruption at the top, poorly trained and unmotivated troops coming in a close second just for starters.

Russia has weight of numbers in it's favour. Practically inexhaustible. Meanwhile although Russia is losing more, Ukraine is losing 500 soldiers a day. 500! That's a lot for a little country.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Meant to say America gets to test all it's weaponry and see what works and what doesn't. What an opportunity.

All care and no responsibility.

Member since 2008.

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

The Australian cardboard drones are doing wonderful damage inside Russia 

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search