attendances for npl sides

attendances for npl sides

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 8:30 PM
Munrubenmuz - 25 Jun 2022 12:33 AM

Hi Muz, I have sent you an private message detailing the reasons.

Why was my response to Muz deleted?
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 10:34 PM
JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 8:30 PM

Why was my response to Muz deleted?

Hi Monoethnic Social Club,

The response was deleted because it contained within it the material quoted in my previous post. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 10:21 PM
Munrubenmuz - 25 Jun 2022 10:01 PM
Hi Muz,

I respect your opinion and realise I am a relative newcomer to many on here. I was made a Moderator on here without ever asking to be one simply because I reported one issue. I attempted to formally resign a number of years ago but recieved no response and I remain Moderator.

I come from a legal background. Once I returned a few days ago, and my account became active, I then once again had a legal duty to this site and to remove any potentially defamatory or discriminatory content I saw. I have this duty for the sole fact that the powers I was given have not been removed. 

What you said and I quote:
 "It IS your Greeks, Serbs, Macs, Cros that are the major source of drama here 9 times out of 10."
First of all this is a violation of the Forum's internal rules, more specifically on Discrimination.
Second it could  be viewed as racial profiling and is also potentially defamatory.

I remind you and all members of the forum the rules and regulations of the Forum found here: 
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1569279/FORUM-RULES-REGULATIONS

Terms and Conditions of using the site found here:
https://www.nextmedia.com.au/terms-conditions/

This is INDEED racial profiling of the highest order and absolutely disgusting and abhorrent behaviour. Implying that a troublesome individual is only such because of the ethnicity of his or her parents and then at the same time pretending to be some sort of champion of women's rights, the black lives matter movement and the freedom fighting Ukrainian patriots is borderline. 
I feel both defamed and discriminated against and would like to file for punative action against the defendant Muz as I had the misfortune of being exposed to his loathsome comments and they hurt my feelings.  As a disciplinary action I would demand that he be forced to attend a minimum of 5 NPL fixtures involving only clubs once banned from using their preferred club names by the, thankfully, now repealed NCIP.
Thank you your honour.
Edited
2 Years Ago by JoyfulPenguin
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 10:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 10:34 PM
tthen different to your  

The response was deleted because it contained within it the material quoted in my previous post. 

Ummmm, I don't have legal background like yourself ( I once shagged a legal secretary though)  but how is this any different to your post previous where you actually quote what Muz said?  Different rules for different posters I guess?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Ah fair enough!

if there are 1000 croatians and 1000 greeks are turning up for souths and knights it does sound mad to not have them and any other npl club of similar stature form a full professional second division since we are so desperate for clubs for young players to go 

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 10:56 PM
JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 10:39 PM

Ummmm, I don't have legal background like yourself ( I once shagged a legal secretary though)  but how is this any different to your post previous where you actually quote what Muz said?  Different rules for different posters I guess?

As the post was only used to be a guide and model of misconduct its posting is allowed. The legal issues behind this is: in your case it was not allowed because it did not show clear disapproval from a representative of the site. I would have preferred to keep your posts and replies but it has been used in cases to sucessfully imply defamation.
Edited
2 Years Ago by JoyfulPenguin
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

grazorblade - 25 Jun 2022 11:04 PM
Ah fair enough!

if there are 1000 croatians and 1000 greeks are turning up for souths and knights it does sound mad to not have them and any other npl club of similar stature form a full professional second division since we are so desperate for clubs for young players to go 

Hahahah  bang on Grazor.... Getting back to the real purpose of the thread, I can tell you that last night Lakeside didn't have 1000 fans... It was 1st v 4th towards the end of the season so would have expected abit of interest. If I had to guess I would say about 700-800  max. Thing with Friday night games in NPL is it only works with some clubs and not others. Anecdotally clubs like Preston Lions get a decent following on Friday home games as most of their fans are from the Northern sub  and getting to the club on Friday night for a drink with the boys is easy... South fans are traditionally from all over Melbourne and everyone I chat to complains about how hard it is to get into Albert Park on Friday night.....
Another thing to think about is that taking the best 2 or 3 NPL clubs out of the state environment will basically kill off any travelling support for the other clubs left behind.... basically in our league its really us, Knights and maybe Burgers who travell away in any significant numbers.,, Most of the Gully fans last night seemed to be friends and family of the players , nice people and thankful they came but maybe the scarfs and beanies will get chucked in the bin when their son or boyfriend changes clubs next year?.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 11:04 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 10:56 PM

As the post was only used to be a guide and model of misconduct its posting is allowed. The legal issues behind this is: in your case it was not allowed because it did not show clear disapproval from a representative of the site. I would have preferred to keep your posts and replies but it has been used in cases to sucessfully imply defamation.

Well I'm thankful at least that my post won't be used to successfully imply that I agree statistically that Mitch Duke is a more accomplished #9 than Viduka or any other such garbage that seems to have permeated the forum these last few days. Your preference to have kept my post, despite legal constraints, is duly noted and filed away in triplicate.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

'legal duty'

FMD.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I'm interested in the correct phraseology for discussing crowd troubles and matches played behind closed doors with clubs of certain ethnic histories.

If a Kalathumpiam club is responsible for trouble why is it discriminatory or defamatory to say the Kalathumpiams are causing the ruckus?

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 4:47 AM
'legal duty'

FMD.

:laugh:

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

People should just go and watch football live in person without sitting there counting the crowd.  If you require some sort of validation that going to watch a football game is something deemed socially acceptable then that is of course your choice.   It's the beautiful game for a reason and like I always say....

Support your local football club.   :cool:   

Edited
2 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
Muz
Muz
Legend

You do wonder how 442 wasnt sued into non existence whilst JP was off doing whatever. So good he's back defending the good name of Cros, Greeks, Macs and Serbs.

How we survived I do not know.

Member since 2008.

Edited
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 12:02 PM
You do wonder how 442 wasnt sued into non existence whilst JP was off doing whatever. So good he's back defending the good name of Cross, Greeks, Macs and Serbs.

How we survived I do not know.

MMM I smell somebody playing a "lawyer on television". 

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

At the moment they definetly seem rather low, but I think only because of the Covid hang over and, at least here in Victoria, a very cold winter. Been some decent crowds for the Australia Cup fixtures this year though. The few fixtures I have attended looked to be pushing the 1000 mark.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 11:26 PM

Well I'm thankful at least that my post won't be used to successfully imply that I agree statistically that Mitch Duke is a more accomplished #9 than Viduka or any other such garbage that seems to have permeated the forum these last few days. Your preference to have kept my post, despite legal constraints, is duly noted and filed away in triplicate.

Hey mate? Are you OK?

I hope the 'discriminatory and defamatory' language I used against your hairy chested, hairy arsed, swarthy brethren didn't upset you too much.

My sincerest apologies.

PS: Please don't sue me or 442.

Thanks mate. 

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Hi Muz,

What you said and I quote:
 "It IS your Greeks, Serbs, Macs, Cros that are the major source of drama here 9 times out of 10."
First of all this is a violation of the Forum's internal rules, more specifically on Discrimination.
Second it could  be viewed as racial profiling and is also potentially defamatory.

Isn't 'truth' one of the pillars that makes a statement NOT 'defamatory'?

If it is a FACT (and the TRUTH) that pointing out crowd trouble usually comes from (following used for example purposes only) Croatians that support Sydney United how is that defamatory or discriminatory?

As an example. It is usual, at the Australian Open, if there is crowd trouble it is because of Serbs or Australian with Serbian heritage.  That's a fact. Explain to me what the issue is with stating that if it is true?

I mean dumb it down for me. Most of my lawyering knowledge come from Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughay movies.

Presumably if an African holds up a 7-11 you warn the police not to say we are looking for a man of African appearance and warn them they should say we are looking for a 'homo sapien of indiscriminate gender' lest they 'racially profile' someone?

Member since 2008.

Edited
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 26 Jun 2022 2:25 PM
At the moment they definetly seem rather low, but I think only because of the Covid hang over and, at least here in Victoria, a very cold winter. Been some decent crowds for the Australia Cup fixtures this year though. The few fixtures I have attended looked to be pushing the 1000 mark.

Things will probably pick up again post covid. Apart from magic round nrl crowds seem to halved along with a league crowds

which sides have pushed a thousand? Do u reckon between the states there are a dozen that could push a thousand? Sydney olympic seem to have a large social media following

Also noticing some clubs have special built stadiums of 10k or more capacity
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

If there are 8+ teams that push 1k in crowds outside of covid times and have specialty stadiums, is there any thing stopping these teams forming a second division tomorrow with some light requirements (say 15 full time players on at least federal minimum wage and a full time coach on at least the same)

like do they legally have to wait for permission from the ffa? Sounds naively like this could happen tomorrow if the above requirements can be met?
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 4:11 PM

Isn't 'truth' one of the pillars that makes a statement NOT 'defamatory'?

If it is a FACT (and the TRUTH) that pointing out crowd trouble usually comes from (following used for example purposes only) Croatians that support Sydney United how is that defamatory or discriminatory?

As an example. It is usual, at the Australian Open, if there is crowd trouble it is because of Serbs or Australian with Serbian heritage.  That's a fact. Explain to me what the issue is with stating that if it is true?

I mean dumb it down for me. Most of my lawyering knowledge come from Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughay.

Presumably if an African holds up a 7-11 you warn the police not to say we are looking for a man of African appearance and warn them they should say we are looking for a 'homo sapien of indiscriminate gender' lest they 'racially profile' someone?

Truth is certainly a pillar to defence in defamation but not all people who support Sydney United would be Croatian. Even less would be people involved in the crowd trouble and without clear, unrefutable evidence that they all are it should not be used to smear the broader innocent community of ethnically Croatian people. If you wanted to discuss and issue with crowd troubles at a Sydney United game you mention the individual(s) e.g. a small group of people, supporting Sydney United caused crowd trouble. The focus on ethnicity is the issue. 

In regards to your Serbian example, crowd trouble at the Australian Open is not exclusive to those with Serbian heritage and shouldn't treated as exclusive to that ethnicity. If it is an absolute fact that an indivdual, for instance, was ejected from the Australian Open with Serbian heritage for causing crowd trouble. Their ethnicity still remains largely unimportant because the broader Serbian community is not guilty of an offence by an individual and should not be tarnished with the guilt of an individual or group.

Their ethnicity is not relevant to what you alledged, it does not matter what ethnicity the person is, Australians committ offences everyday but we do not hold every single Australian accountable for those offences, just the individual regardless of ethnic background. 

In regards to your 'African' example, it is different if someone is alledged to have committed a crime and are actively wanted by the police. Which they cannot do with out sufficent evidence of a crime being committed. The difference is that guilt is being ascribed with out due proccess, proccess that the police and courts are capable of.

I appreciate you wanting to discuss this issue in the open but can I please ask that it is done in the Extra Time section of the Forum and we stop derailing this and other threads.
Muz
Muz
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 26 Jun 2022 8:51 PM
Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 4:11 PM

Truth is certainly a pillar to defence in defamation but not all people who support Sydney United would be Croatian. Even less would be people involved in the crowd trouble and without clear, unrefutable evidence that they all are it should not be used to smear the broader innocent community of ethnically Croatian people. If you wanted to discuss and issue with crowd troubles at a Sydney United game you mention the individual(s) e.g. a small group of people, supporting Sydney United caused crowd trouble. The focus on ethnicity is the issue. 

In regards to your Serbian example, crowd trouble at the Australian Open is not exclusive to those with Serbian heritage and shouldn't treated as exclusive to that ethnicity. If it is an absolute fact that an indivdual, for instance, was ejected from the Australian Open with Serbian heritage for causing crowd trouble. Their ethnicity still remains largely unimportant because the broader Serbian community is not guilty of an offence by an individual and should not be tarnished with the guilt of an individual or group.

Their ethnicity is not relevant to what you alledged, it does not matter what ethnicity the person is, Australians committ offences everyday but we do not hold every single Australian accountable for those offences, just the individual regardless of ethnic background. 

In regards to your 'African' example, it is different if someone is alledged to have committed a crime and are actively wanted by the police. Which they cannot do with out sufficent evidence of a crime being committed. The difference is that guilt is being ascribed with out due proccess, proccess that the police and courts are capable of.

I appreciate you wanting to discuss this issue in the open but can I please ask that it is done in the Extra Time section of the Forum and we stop derailing this and other threads.

As long as you keep removing comments from threads here they should be discussed in the thread in question.

Ethnicity is 100% a factor and 100% relevant. Wishing it weren't so doesn't make it less true. 

You are living in an alternate universe if you're pretending it isn't.

I mean FFS they tried to get rid of ethnicity from football clubs because of perceived and actual problems with fans of certain ethnic persuasions.

They're actual facts.

Member since 2008.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

What about all the issues we've had at A-league games, A-league academies, AFL and NRL crowds? Is it because their ethnicity? 
Muz
Muz
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 26 Jun 2022 9:22 PM
What about all the issues we've had at A-league games, A-league academies, AFL and NRL crowds? Is it because their ethnicity? 

Are those incidents at clubs who are generally based on a certain ethnicity or are they just run of the mill moron skips?

Let me know which monoethnic AFL or NRL clubs you are taking about.

And don't get me wrong. The morons in the NRL and AFL are just as bad as any of the idiots in our game

Member since 2008.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 26 Jun 2022 4:21 PM
If there are 8+ teams that push 1k in crowds outside of covid times and have specialty stadiums, is there any thing stopping these teams forming a second division tomorrow with some light requirements (say 15 full time players on at least federal minimum wage and a full time coach on at least the same)

like do they legally have to wait for permission from the ffa? Sounds naively like this could happen tomorrow if the above requirements can be met?

Good point, Grazor.

We used to have a number of active members on FTBL Forum, and I've seen some post recently, who followed their NPL clubs closely. These NPL clubs I would assume are the bigger crowd pullers too in the bigger cities - like Melb Knights, Sydney United, Marconi, Sydney Olympic and South Melb.
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 26 Jun 2022 9:22 PM
What about all the issues we've had at A-league games, A-league academies, AFL and NRL crowds? 

What sort of spectator numbers is your NPL club drawing, FL?
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro

JoyfulPenguin - 26 Jun 2022 2:25 PM

1000 is pretty decent with the cold and post Covid hangover.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I come from a legal background. Once I returned a few days ago, and my account became active, I then once again had a legal duty to this site and to remove any potentially defamatory or discriminatory content I saw. I have this duty for the sole fact that the powers I was given have not been removed. 

Obviously no work on at the moment 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 3:58 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 25 Jun 2022 11:26 PM

Hey mate? Are you OK?

I hope the 'discriminatory and defamatory' language I used against your hairy chested, hairy arsed, swarthy brethren didn't upset you too much.

My sincerest apologies.

PS: Please don't sue me or 442.

Thanks mate. 

Thanks for asking Muz, I am feeling a little fragile. As a proud, hairy, swarthy and often sweaty Greek God I am feeling quite litigious at the moment....... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 4:53 AM
I'm interested in the correct phraseology for discussing crowd troubles and matches played behind closed doors with clubs of certain ethnic histories.

If a Kalathumpiam club is responsible for trouble why is it discriminatory or defamatory to say the Kalathumpiams are causing the ruckus?

Why not call them Kalathumpian - Australians? Or even just, you know, run of the mill multicultural Aussies? Even Ramsey St has wogs living there these days mate c'mon be a little more accepting of people wanting to live here in peace and safety. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Jun 2022 10:35 AM
Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 4:53 AM

Why not call them Kalathumpian - Australians? Or even just, you know, run of the mill multicultural Aussies? Even Ramsey St has wogs living there these days mate c'mon be a little more accepting of people wanting to live here in peace and safety. 

Just to clarify '(insert country here) Australians' or 'Australians of (insert country here) heritage' would be OK?

Notwithstanding legal niceties C/O Mr Perry Mason. 

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search