attendances for npl sides

attendances for npl sides

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
State Leagues have stayed steady. 

BY THE WAY GUESS WHO IS BACK! Great to see the same issues plaguing this forum. 

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Decentric 2 - 27 Jun 2022 9:26 AM
theFOOTBALLlover - 26 Jun 2022 9:22 PM

What sort of spectator numbers is your NPL club drawing, FL?

Maybe 100. :crying: 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jun 2022 12:02 PM
You do wonder how 442 wasnt sued into non existence whilst JP was off doing whatever. So good he's back defending the good name of Cros, Greeks, Macs and Serbs.

How we survived I do not know.

Hahaa

Didn't realise mods suffered conscription

Did the others dig a tunnel ?

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 1:34 PM
Decentric 2 - 27 Jun 2022 9:26 AM

Maybe 100. :crying: 

Rough

good on you for being part of that

was it better before covid? What is your club
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 25 Jun 2022 10:21 PM
Munrubenmuz - 25 Jun 2022 10:01 PM
Hi Muz,

I respect your opinion and realise I am a relative newcomer to many on here. I was made a Moderator on here without ever asking to be one simply because I reported one issue. I attempted to formally resign a number of years ago but recieved no response and I remain Moderator.

I come from a legal background. Once I returned a few days ago, and my account became active, I then once again had a legal duty to this site and to remove any potentially defamatory or discriminatory content I saw. I have this duty for the sole fact that the powers I was given have not been removed. 

What you said and I quote:
 "It IS your Greeks, Serbs, Macs, Cros that are the major source of drama here 9 times out of 10."
First of all this is a violation of the Forum's internal rules, more specifically on Discrimination.
Second it could  be viewed as racial profiling and is also potentially defamatory.

I remind you and all members of the forum the rules and regulations of the Forum found here: 
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1569279/FORUM-RULES-REGULATIONS

Terms and Conditions of using the site found here:
https://www.nextmedia.com.au/terms-conditions/

Hey JP,

I am confused by your "legal duty" as the T&C's clearly state in Clause 4 (ref below) that there is no obligation:

4. Monitoring

Nextmedia shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Community Areas to determine compliance with this Agreement and any other operating rules that may be established by Nextmedia from time to time. Nextmedia shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Community Areas. Without limiting the foregoing, Nextmedia shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any material that Nextmedia, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, otherwise objectionable or stale. Notwithstanding this right of Nextmedia, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. You acknowledge and agree that neither Nextmedia nor any of its affiliates shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Nextmedia with respect to any conduct within the Community Areas or any communication or posting on the Community Areas.

But being a lawyer (cough cough) I am sure you know the law better than me and so I am sure if you believe there is a legal obligation then there must be one, which raises another interesting legal question. An office holder (ie Moderator like you) retains the responsibility of the office until they resign, being "inactive" is hardly an excuse a judge would accept for not fulfilling your legal duty.

So coming from a "legal background" (cough cough), I am sure you know that the statute of limitation for defamation is 1 year so there are an awful lot of posts that need to be edited under your legal duty as a moderator. In addition to all the effnick slurs MSC has been coping in the last year (and longer), there are numerous defamatory statements made against various players in the numerous game day threads, the Matilda's, Lowy. Fox sports, and dont even mention the trans-testicles and anti-vaxers.

Plus using your SydneyUnited/Croatia logic, there are a lot of defamatory statements being made against Russians in the Ukraine thread, as it is clearly known not every Russian supports the war.

Also as a lawyer (cough cough), I am sure you are very familiar with Copyright laws so I assume you will also exercise your legal responsibility in enforcing Clause 3.3 from the T&C's: 3.3. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Community Areas any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.

I have seen heaps of what I believe is unauthorized copyright material being posted, (pictures, full articles, videos, etc). none of which have the authors permission. As I understand this is a bit more problematic as copyright is owned for 70 years (as I m sure you know) so I suggest your legal responsibility would be to check every post ever made to ensure there aren't any infringements.

Just trying to help you fulfill your legal duty.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

AJF - 27 Jun 2022 2:47 PM

Hey JP,

I am confused by your "legal duty" as the T&C's clearly state in Clause 4 (ref below) that there is no obligation:

4. Monitoring

Nextmedia shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Community Areas to determine compliance with this Agreement and any other operating rules that may be established by Nextmedia from time to time. Nextmedia shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Community Areas. Without limiting the foregoing, Nextmedia shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any material that Nextmedia, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, otherwise objectionable or stale. Notwithstanding this right of Nextmedia, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. You acknowledge and agree that neither Nextmedia nor any of its affiliates shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Nextmedia with respect to any conduct within the Community Areas or any communication or posting on the Community Areas.

But being a lawyer (cough cough) I am sure you know the law better than me and so I am sure if you believe there is a legal obligation then there must be one, which raises another interesting legal question. An office holder (ie Moderator like you) retains the responsibility of the office until they resign, being "inactive" is hardly an excuse a judge would accept for not fulfilling your legal duty.

So coming from a "legal background" (cough cough), I am sure you know that the statute of limitation for defamation is 1 year so there are an awful lot of posts that need to be edited under your legal duty as a moderator. In addition to all the effnick slurs MSC has been coping in the last year (and longer), there are numerous defamatory statements made against various players in the numerous game day threads, the Matilda's, Lowy. Fox sports, and dont even mention the trans-testicles and anti-vaxers.

Plus using your SydneyUnited/Croatia logic, there are a lot of defamatory statements being made against Russians in the Ukraine thread, as it is clearly known not every Russian supports the war.

Also as a lawyer (cough cough), I am sure you are very familiar with Copyright laws so I assume you will also exercise your legal responsibility in enforcing Clause 3.3 from the T&C's: 3.3. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Community Areas any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.

I have seen heaps of what I believe is unauthorized copyright material being posted, (pictures, full articles, videos, etc). none of which have the authors permission. As I understand this is a bit more problematic as copyright is owned for 70 years (as I m sure you know) so I suggest your legal responsibility would be to check every post ever made to ensure there aren't any infringements.

just reposting so you cant edit or delete

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

^^ Quite possibly one of the best posts I have seen on here.

I was wondering myself  if he was going to retrospectively edit old threads for 'defamatory and discriminatory' content. 

Member since 2008.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Jun 2022 2:15 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 1:34 PM

Rough

good on you for being part of that

was it better before covid? What is your club

Nah about the same to be honest. Big Portuguese community but no one comes to watch. The football club and social club are physically connected but need to form a better connection in other ways.

I support Fraser Park FC in FNSW League Three.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 3:06 PM
grazorblade - 27 Jun 2022 2:15 PM

Nah about the same to be honest. Big Portuguese community but no one comes to watch. The football club and social club are physically connected but need to form a better connection in other ways.

I support Fraser Park FC in FNSW League Three.

Ah fair enough if its a lower division
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

AJF - 27 Jun 2022 2:48 PM

just reposting so you cant edit or delete

Ha ha yeah I'm thinking JP might be gone for another while now
What a buffoon
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

grazorblade - 27 Jun 2022 3:14 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 3:06 PM

Ah fair enough if its a lower division

Fraser had good crowds back in the 80/early 90's.
A fellow friend/player used to be with them, vibrant and hectic back then, guess around 500 those days, this Club could be alot more as FL mentions, hope one day.
I support/interest for FL knows my wife is Portugese for 32yrs, going strong like Ronaldo lol........
By the way Fraser did bring through a young Clint Bolton and well known Ante Juric.

On the subject I scatter my support purely because my love for the game and the blood through my veins.
Italian/Cro so I've followed APIA/Marconi/SU for yonks and due to many Sparticus friends been to many SO games as well.
Close ties with PL2/3 Clubs due to sons and yes crowds are the typical relos/friends so numbers aren't great, can be 50 to 100 depending fixture.
PL1 yes many could recover alot of lost support once they have the NSD up and running, 1k easy in the future.
Many have great/perfect sized grounds for our game, I can't wait for this to finally get going One Day soon.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 27 Jun 2022 1:26 PM
State Leagues have stayed steady. 

BY THE WAY GUESS WHO IS BACK! Great to see the same issues plaguing this forum. 

WELCOME BACK !

Love Football

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

LFC. - 27 Jun 2022 5:41 PM

A fellow friend/player used to be with them, vibrant and hectic back then, guess around 500 those days, this Club could be alot more as FL mentions, hope one day.
I support/interest for FL knows my wife is Portugese for 32yrs, going strong like Ronaldo lol........
By the way Fraser did bring through a young Clint Bolton and well known Ante Juric.

On the subject I scatter my support purely because my love for the game and the blood through my veins.
Italian/Cro so I've followed APIA/Marconi/SU for yonks and due to many Sparticus friends been to many SO games as well.
Close ties with PL2/3 Clubs due to sons and yes crowds are the typical relos/friends so numbers aren't great, can be 50 to 100 depending fixture.
PL1 yes many could recover alot of lost support once they have the NSD up and running, 1k easy in the future.
Many have great/perfect sized grounds for our game, I can't wait for this to finally get going One Day soon.

Reckon ill jump off my chair and cheer if a second division actually happens

i wonder how much crowds drop or raise when going up a division in the npl teirs
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

The numbers for me are reflected in the GF. I know NPL NSW GF's get around 4-5k people. If these clubs are playing for something, such a promotion, they'll get decent crowds. In a city like Sydney, why would people drive 30-60 mins to watch the A-league when there's a game down the road in the second tier?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 9:05 PM

The numbers for me are reflected in the GF. I know NPL NSW GF's get around 4-5k people. If these clubs are playing for something, such a promotion, they'll get decent crowds. In a city like Sydney, why would people drive 30-60 mins to watch the A-league when there's a game down the road in the second tier?

Spot on in bold......not just the GF the Finals and the regular round derbies.
People will comeback for its playing for sheep stations and the bragging rights and thats the buzz.
I love the feel being around the local grounds, you always bump into people from other clubs you've come to know having interest how X club is playing or that a game was close by and they hadn't other plans.
Many Sat or Sunday arvo's when I know the social co ordinater hasn't got us going somewhere I end up at game close by.
NPL is like the Championship feel about it, raw, for me this NSD is the injection football needs here so much, long long overdue and for below it might I add.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 27 Jun 2022 9:34 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 27 Jun 2022 9:05 PM

Spot on in bold......not just the GF the Finals and the regular round derbies.
People will comeback for its playing for sheep stations and the bragging rights and thats the buzz.
I love the feel being around the local grounds, you always bump into people from other clubs you've come to know having interest how X club is playing or that a game was close by and they hadn't other plans.
Many Sat or Sunday arvo's when I know the social co ordinater hasn't got us going somewhere I end up at game close by.
NPL is like the Championship feel about it, raw, for me this NSD is the injection football needs here so much, long long overdue and for below it might I add.

I feel exactly the same. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jun 2022 2:58 PM
^^ Quite possibly one of the best posts I have seen on here.

I was wondering myself  if he was going to retrospectively edit old threads for 'defamatory and discriminatory' content. 

Hahahahah I'll come visit you I in jail.... jahahahahah
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Hey JP,

4. Monitoring

ThanKs for corroborating my evidence  Your subpsubpoena will be served once me legal team files the suite You can pleade the "fifth amendment" if you like since we're all doing crappy 90s legal dramas.....

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

grazorblade - 27 Jun 2022 6:02 PM

i wonder how much crowds drop or raise when going up a division in the npl teirs

Depends in the club and the size of the community backing it (not always just ethnically). Some Italian clubs are bjgger than other for example and that relates to rising up and down the tiers... Examples in  Melbourne, there are 4 or 5 strong Croatian backed clubs in NPLs1-3 but even if Melbourne Knights drop down to state leagues they will still draw a bigger crowd than Hajduk or Dinamo in NPL1 that year.... 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Are they 'slurs' if true though?

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

I think in the back of their minds the APL are worried that an NSD, particularly a well run one, would become a competitor to the A League.

Member since 2008.

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 28 Jun 2022 9:00 AM

I think in the back of their minds the APL are worried that an NSD, particularly a well run one, would become a competitor to the A League.

That's probably the case, but the advantage of that is for the FA and fans, and ultimately the National Team. Would be great if the competition generated between the two leagues gave us more Socceroos based at home and not off to sunny Scotland :).
Muz
Muz
Legend

Hillbilly55 - 28 Jun 2022 10:09 AM

That's probably the case, but the advantage of that is for the FA and fans, and ultimately the National Team. Would be great if the competition generated between the two leagues gave us more Socceroos based at home and not off to sunny Scotland :).

The thing is, if they're worried, they'll run interference.

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 28 Jun 2022 8:58 AM
Are they 'slurs' if true though?

You also cannot defame a group of people. It's ludicrous.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Good point. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

tsf - 28 Jun 2022 10:20 AM

Good point. 

I'd be happy if the nsd averaged above 1000 per game

if they really compete with the a league thats a good problem to have
tsf
tsf
Legend

grazorblade - 28 Jun 2022 11:05 AM
tsf - 28 Jun 2022 10:20 AM

I'd be happy if the nsd averaged above 1000 per game

if they really compete with the a league thats a good problem to have

Yeah totally. I'd go to a lot more NPL games at the moment if they weren't at bad times in bad locations. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

tsf - 28 Jun 2022 1:31 PM
grazorblade - 28 Jun 2022 11:05 AM

Yeah totally. I'd go to a lot more NPL games at the moment if they weren't at bad times in bad locations. 

I am in a bit of an NPL desert as well. 

White Room
White Room
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

I follow Blacktown City in the NPL and doubt that they would get more than 200 coming to their matches.

Was there last Sunday and bumped into a famous ex player of theirs who's been playing overseas for a few years.

Seems he may be about to rejoin the club for the rest of the season.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

White Room - 30 Jun 2022 1:40 PM

I follow Blacktown City in the NPL and doubt that they would get more than 200 coming to their matches.

Was there last Sunday and bumped into a famous ex player of theirs who's been playing overseas for a few years.

Seems he may be about to rejoin the club for the rest of the season.

Great to hear. I reckon 200 is a pretty healthy crowd to be honest mate... Well done you for following the Demons, were you an old NSL fan?. Do you think, as an "insider" that Blacktown in a NSD playing against strong VIC, QLD, SA clubs and not just the same old NSW usual suspects would help draw a better crowd? Maybe a chance to win the NSD and get back to the 1st division  of Australia again would rejuvinate the club, bring in more gate takings, better facilities, and on and on and on..... I agree with Grazor, 200 fans as a starting point is better than a franchise with nothing but a name, a logo and an online ultras group ( complete with moustachioed face painted men or cowbells) before a ball has even been kicked.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search