Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Author
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar in me Blood - 8 Oct 2022 1:08 AM
DZG86 - 7 Oct 2022 8:14 PM

[/quote]

Someone I know went to a lecture by a prominent scientist and the lecture started with the question along the lines of 'how many of you believe in something greater than mankind'. He went on to say that those who had no belief (God or otherwise) were going to be crap scientists - because having belief in something beyond 'what we know for fact' was a key element of being open to the unknown - which is really what scientific research is about.

I found that interesting.
[/quote]

Albert Einstein - believed in a high power due to the universe being way to complicated to just happen.....i do not think he was a 'crap scientists' - the 'smartest' people know how to check their own bias verse 'facts' 

your lecturer is clearly not to bright and lacks self critic - like 'most' people working in universities these days they are hard left wingers 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star
Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)

Davstar - 8 Oct 2022 8:47 AM

Someone I know went to a lecture by a prominent scientist and the lecture started with the question along the lines of 'how many of you believe in something greater than mankind'. He went on to say that those who had no belief (God or otherwise) were going to be crap scientists - because having belief in something beyond 'what we know for fact' was a key element of being open to the unknown - which is really what scientific research is about.

[/quote]

Albert Einstein - believed in a high power due to the universe being way to complicated to just happen.....i do not think he was a 'crap scientists' - the 'smartest' people know how to check their own bias verse 'facts' 

your lecturer is clearly not to bright and lacks self critic - like 'most' people working in universities these days they are hard left wingers 

What do you mean by "verse"?

Please check other thread with Matilda's Gk article. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Balin Trev - 8 Oct 2022 8:42 AM

[/quote]

I understand that scientist’s point - but scientific theories must eventually be proven with/as facts - otherwise they are simply not proven to be true. 

[/quote]

How did we get onto this subject?

That data is interesting as the younger cohort is more religious than the older cohort -opposite of the trend in wider society. Some of that could be a career stage effect and prt of that could reflect a trend in philosophy and science. The collapse of logical positivism led to a revival in the philosophy of religion and people exposed to the best academic philosophical arguments for and against religion are slightly more likely to make you convert from atheism to being religious than vice versa. Second, a hundred years ago the main issue that became relevant to the dialogue between science and religion was evolution, which is ultimately more surprising given theism than atheism. Since then, evidence has accumulated that the Universe began to exist and was fine tuned for life which are both more surprising for atheism than theism. None of these are knock down arguments but tend to appear as part of a cumulative case for or against religion
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Davstar - I think you have read my comment in exactly the opposite way to what I thought I had posted. Please re-read it and check your assumption of disagreement at the door.

I have also heard of a monkey being observed bowing to a waterfall - the inference being that the monkey had the higher thought processes to recognise a greater 'being'. Totally irrelevant to this totally irrelevant discussion - but also interesting.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

[/quote]

I understand that scientist’s point - but scientific theories must eventually be proven with/as facts - otherwise they are simply not proven to be true. 

[/quote]

They remain unproven if facts cannot be found - not disproved though. Whole beauty of science. If something fails a test it can only really be ruled out in those specific circumstances and may still remain true in other untested circumstances.

As much as I mock 'aliens are among us' - there is more and more anecdotal evidence to suggest that 'something' else exists that we are, for the main part, blissfully unaware of. Cannot prove yet does not mean 'does not exist'.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 8 Oct 2022 11:45 AM

[/quote]

Davstar - I think you have read my comment in exactly the opposite way to what I thought I had posted. Please re-read it and check your assumption of disagreement at the door.

I have also heard of a monkey being observed bowing to a waterfall - the inference being that the monkey had the higher thought processes to recognise a greater 'being'. Totally irrelevant to this totally irrelevant discussion - but also interesting.
[/quote]

That does sound interesting. The field of cognitive science of religion has tried to give an evolutionary account of why people become religious. Lately the field of cognitive science of religion has tested which factors predict whether someone becomes either religious or spirtiual but not religious.

Popular theories such as hyperactive agency detection do not predict whether someone becomes theist or spiritual. However, the belief that the mind and brain are distinct is one of only two predictors, with the other weaker predictor being teleological instincts.

The total number of spiritual and religious people in a subculture can be predicted by the mind body dualists pretty well. Whether people become spiritual or religious seems to be reasonably well predicted by people having positive or negative interactions with religious people, with positive interactions mostly mattering if the religious person in some ways acts religious in a way that carries a high personal cost

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

grazorblade - 8 Oct 2022 11:57 AM
Roar in me Blood - 8 Oct 2022 11:45 AM

[/quote]

That does sound interesting. The field of cognitive science of religion has tried to give an evolutionary account of why people become religious. Lately the field of cognitive science of religion has tested which factors predict whether someone becomes either religious or spirtiual but not religious.

Popular theories such as hyperactive agency detection do not predict whether someone becomes theist or spiritual. However, the belief that the mind and brain are distinct is one of only two predictors, with the other weaker predictor being teleological instincts.

The total number of spiritual and religious people in a subculture can be predicted by the mind body dualists pretty well. Whether people become spiritual or religious seems to be reasonably well predicted by people having positive or negative interactions with religious people, with positive interactions mostly mattering if the religious person in some ways acts religious in a way that carries a high personal cost

[/quote]

I am out of my depth with a lot of your words and concepts - but in my terms a lot of children are brought up believing what they are told about religion. As they experience events, both positive and negative ('like the Australia Cup', he said; keeping it relevant), they question and reaffirm or reject those initial teachings time and again.

Many end up in the middle ground of believing in 'something' (like supporting Macarthur or SU58) but not in the church.

Ties in a bit with your last para, but more importantly reflects the subject of this thread again. ;)

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 8 Oct 2022 11:49 AM

[/quote]

Cannot prove yet does not mean 'does not exist'.
[/quote]

Cannot prove yet - to me means it’s extremely unlikely to exist. Otherwise anything goes! For example I could preach that i believe in the easter bunny and that even though I cannot prove yet - I still believe it exists! Same as a god to me. Where does it end…

if a mathematics genius or scientist can produce an equation or some other unquestionable proof that a god exists THEN i will listen
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Balin Trev - 8 Oct 2022 12:25 PM

[/quote]

Cannot prove yet - to me means it’s extremely unlikely to exist. Otherwise anything goes! For example I could preach that i believe in the easter bunny and that even though I cannot prove yet - I still believe it exists! Same as a god to me. Where does it end…

if a mathematics genius or scientist can produce an equation or some other unquestionable proof that a god exists THEN i will listen
[/quote]

All good mate - I am not trying to preach either way on this. Just find it interesting.

One day though, when they find petrified remains of a giant rabbit with cocoa in its droppings you are going to feel mighty confused.

Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

tsf - 7 Oct 2022 8:48 PM
At least we can establish:

multiple nazi salutes
Ustashi flags 
nazi Germany motifs repurposed as Sydney Croatia fan banners 

No care to see here for this picked on group of poor blokes. 

Also thousands chanting "za dom spremni", which is an unambiguously fascist slogan.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Balin Trev - 8 Oct 2022 12:25 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is retelling of logical positivism - the view that we should only believe empirically verifiable claims. 

Logical positivism comes in multiple forms as there were many attempts to make this work. Maybe only empircally verifiable claims are true, maybe only empircally verifiable claims are likely, maybe empirically verifiable claims are the only meaningful claims. If any of these are true you can argue that atheism reduces to lacktheism - a lack of belief in God(s) and should be a default position. 

None of these ended up working and logical positivism collapsed in philosophy, despite many ingenious people trying to make it work. Note that as a result Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy defining atheism now as one who defends the proposition that there is no God. The most sophisticated atheists these days make their arguments less from a position of logical positivism (lacktheism) but by making a case from evil, divine hiddenness and arguing that either naturalism or non theistic but non naturalist world views do a better job explaining the world than the alternatives.

As to why logical positivism fails, that is a technical subject that is difficult to summarize as it took decades before it was abandoned by people who think about it all day every day as a career. However, a (vastly) simplified summary is that logical positivism needs to work in all possible worlds in order to be successful. However, it seems trivially easy to imagine a world where something is true, meaningful and not empirically verifiable. If moral realism is true in one possible world, then moral facts are an example of something true, meaningful and not empirically verifiable. If solopsism is false and dualism is true, then other minds existing other than your own is true, important, meaningful and not empirically verifiable. If people have spiritual or religious experience that are both real and correlate to brain states, then that is true, meaningful and not empirically verifiable. If we do not live in a matrix but have a real physical world, then that is a truth that is not verifiable but meaningful and important to believe.  Ironically, logical positivism itself is a principle that is not verifiable. So if it is true in our world there is no way of believing it consistently with the constraints logical positivism puts on you unless it is true in all possible worlds. 

You can try and salvage logical positivism by showing that logical positivism can be reframed to survive these (and many other) issues. But once you get into the weeds things just seem to get worse and worse. Of course there is nothing stopping a curious and passionate person such as yourself enrolling in a philosophy program and trying to resurrect logical positivism- a lot of atheists in philosophy would love logical positivism to at least be plausible. But for now, logical positivism is dead

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
DZG86 - 7 Oct 2022 8:25 PM
tsf - 7 Oct 2022 7:58 PM

No one sang Kill Serbs though did they? Most of the accusations are lies. 

they like to bring up history, but "Selective" history.... 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 10 Oct 2022 8:57 AM
DZG86 - 7 Oct 2022 8:25 PM

they like to bring up history, but "Selective" history.... 

Nor sure if you read this mate but what do you think, as a Croatian Australian?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ym5QuadDuh9VWpaD1eJfs3V7vmYRksUdofZW6CZd93qvjTEXyfBUaBhshWM8jDdul&id=100063520031720
Its all noise for the "effnik" hating new dawn dickheads but any reasonable posters care to have a read?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Oct 2022 12:15 PM
19-SU-58 - 10 Oct 2022 8:57 AM

Nor sure if you read this mate but what do you think, as a Croatian Australian?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ym5QuadDuh9VWpaD1eJfs3V7vmYRksUdofZW6CZd93qvjTEXyfBUaBhshWM8jDdul&id=100063520031720
Its all noise for the "effnik" hating new dawn dickheads but any reasonable posters care to have a read?

Hard to read because it's formatted for a mobile. Here's a version that you can read on your PC.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ym5QuadDuh9VWpaD1eJfs3V7vmYRksUdofZW6CZd93qvjTEXyfBUaBhshWM8jDdul&id=100063520031720

Member since 2008.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

I think it was silly including the concept of "we did not boo the welcome to country - but if we had it was OK because...". I am not disputing the facts of it, but it was silly to not just leave it as "we did not boo the welcome to country". Adding a political slant to the rebuttal undermines the message because it opens the door to thoughts that maybe people did boo it after all.

The historic nature of the chants and messages in themselves are OK in principle - but they open the Croatian community to "leave your wars at the border and don't them with you" sentiment. To say that they were historic Croatian chants (apologies if that term belittles their meaning) before any Nazi/Fascist usage is a bit naive. The hijacking of the fylflot by Nazis in the form of their swastika is an example where current recognition exceeds historical usage.

I openly admit to having bugger all knowledge and understanding of Croatian history - so to my ignorant ears, chants and symbolism which are labelled as fascist and/or nazism will always resonate negatively with me - regardless of any previous/historic usage before it was adopted or usurped by evil.

To deny the logical train of thought from chants to symbolism to dickheads making nazi salutes is incredibly naive. The statement, to me, could have weighed in more heavily on how those actions need to be exposed and followed up so individuals know they are not going to be protected by the community - and are actually going to be outed by the community to stop it happening again. Lost opportunity there.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 14 Oct 2022 1:30 PM
I think it was silly including the concept of "we did not boo the welcome to country - but if we had it was OK because...". I am not disputing the facts of it, but it was silly to not just leave it as "we did not boo the welcome to country". Adding a political slant to the rebuttal undermines the message because it opens the door to thoughts that maybe people did boo it after all.

The historic nature of the chants and messages in themselves are OK in principle - but they open the Croatian community to "leave your wars at the border and don't them with you" sentiment. To say that they were historic Croatian chants (apologies if that term belittles their meaning) before any Nazi/Fascist usage is a bit naive. The hijacking of the fylflot by Nazis in the form of their swastika is an example where current recognition exceeds historical usage.

I openly admit to having bugger all knowledge and understanding of Croatian history - so to my ignorant ears, chants and symbolism which are labelled as fascist and/or nazism will always resonate negatively with me - regardless of any previous/historic usage before it was adopted or usurped by evil.

To deny the logical train of thought from chants to symbolism to dickheads making nazi salutes is incredibly naive. The statement, to me, could have weighed in more heavily on how those actions need to be exposed and followed up so individuals know they are not going to be protected by the community - and are actually going to be outed by the community to stop it happening again. Lost opportunity there.

I get were you are coming from and agree to a point, however bear in mind that this seems to be written from the perspective of a member of the Croatian/Australian Community and NOT from the club itself or anyone associated with the club. Yes symbols are a powerful thing and meanings change all the time... 20 years ago for example the Confederate Flag was a symbol world wide for rebelliousness, pride in poverty and ........ love of the "Dukes of Hazzard" The Rainbow flag was a symbol of "Peace and the Nuclear non-proliferation movement" at least in most of Europe, Shit even the term "Molon Labe" (Come and get them) apparently is now some sort of far right, QAnon redneck American call to arms and no  longer a Greek call to a Persian warlord trying to impose tyranny over a democratic people.

I am also an outsider looking in and, despite having many Croatian friends and acquaintances, don't have a strong enough understanding of their culture or history to judge the validity of any of this. The one thing I can 100% defend to the death is that a minority of fans throwing Hitler salutes and posing in front of Ustasa symbols does not mean that ALL Croatians are fascists. Just like a bunch of dirty thugs running around the Australian Open wearing Golden Dawn paraphernalia and Hellas Fan Club gear does NOT mean all Greeks are fascist idiots.... Or a bunch of bogans wearing White Pride tops and carrying "Fuck off we're full" signs doesn't mean that every anglo in the country is a redneck racist...... or that every Chinese Australian is a card carrying member of the CCP and on and on... Blaming poor behaviour on somebody's DNA is pretty shit in my book.

I believe strongly that, even if there was NO chanting of anything, NO Ustasa symbols on the flags, absolute dead silence during the welcome to country, even if they removed the Croatian coat of arms from their flags, someone in the media would have run that photo of the "husky" chap doing his pre-pubescent "Heil Ceasar" and the outrage and headlines would have been the same. The "Soccer Shame" headlines had already been written before the match, just waiting on the filler details to press "publish" 

What saddens me most is that innocent average, lovely  people would have had uncomfortable conversations with their fellow Australians, having to defend themselves against allegations of "All you Cros are Nazis". AND (not really surprised by this at all) the so called Soccer media in this country, despite more than 50 years of being bashed by the "mainstream media" for being a game for "Sheilas, Wogs and Pooftas" piles onto this instead of defending a proud club.. I know the APL pays their bills but surely they can see past the interest of a bunch of foreign owners for a change and defend, good, hard working Australians....
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Oct 2022 2:04 PM

I get were you are coming from and agree to a point, however bear in mind that this seems to be written from the perspective of a member of the Croatian/Australian Community and NOT from the club itself or anyone associated with the club. Yes symbols are a powerful thing and meanings change all the time... 20 years ago for example the Confederate Flag was a symbol world wide for rebelliousness, pride in poverty and ........ love of the "Dukes of Hazzard" The Rainbow flag was a symbol of "Peace and the Nuclear non-proliferation movement" at least in most of Europe, Shit even the term "Molon Labe" (Come and get them) apparently is now some sort of far right, QAnon redneck American call to arms and no  longer a Greek call to a Persian warlord trying to impose tyranny over a democratic people.

I am also an outsider looking in and, despite having many Croatian friends and acquaintances, don't have a strong enough understanding of their culture or history to judge the validity of any of this. The one thing I can 100% defend to the death is that a minority of fans throwing Hitler salutes and posing in front of Ustasa symbols does not mean that ALL Croatians are fascists. Just like a bunch of dirty thugs running around the Australian Open wearing Golden Dawn paraphernalia and Hellas Fan Club gear does NOT mean all Greeks are fascist idiots.... Or a bunch of bogans wearing White Pride tops and carrying "Fuck off we're full" signs doesn't mean that every anglo in the country is a redneck racist...... or that every Chinese Australian is a card carrying member of the CCP and on and on... Blaming poor behaviour on somebody's DNA is pretty shit in my book.

I believe strongly that, even if there was NO chanting of anything, NO Ustasa symbols on the flags, absolute dead silence during the welcome to country, even if they removed the Croatian coat of arms from their flags, someone in the media would have run that photo of the "husky" chap doing his pre-pubescent "Heil Ceasar" and the outrage and headlines would have been the same. The "Soccer Shame" headlines had already been written before the match, just waiting on the filler details to press "publish" 

What saddens me most is that innocent average, lovely  people would have had uncomfortable conversations with their fellow Australians, having to defend themselves against allegations of "All you Cros are Nazis". AND (not really surprised by this at all) the so called Soccer media in this country, despite more than 50 years of being bashed by the "mainstream media" for being a game for "Sheilas, Wogs and Pooftas" piles onto this instead of defending a proud club.. I know the APL pays their bills but surely they can see past the interest of a bunch of foreign owners for a change and defend, good, hard working Australians....

I think I agree with everything you have written here. Would hope you are wrong about the good news game aspect if everything hadn't piled up to be collectively labelled - but I have no faith that you would not be correct either.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Exactly my thoughts. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but they don't make it easy by tagging on a justification for booing the welcome to country. If you didn't boo it and we're booing the McArthur players, just leave it at that. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 14 Oct 2022 12:53 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Oct 2022 12:15 PM

Hard to read because it's formatted for a mobile. Here's a version that you can read on your PC.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ym5QuadDuh9VWpaD1eJfs3V7vmYRksUdofZW6CZd93qvjTEXyfBUaBhshWM8jDdul&id=100063520031720

very well written, would be a good eye opener for the many who just read headlines.
Good point about Bossa, is he eductated enough one wonders of his own bloodlines.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news/sydney-united-58-fc-sanctioned-australia-cup-final-fan-behaviour

Check the compliance requirements. Hahaha. Geez.

In addition to the above immediate sanction, Sydney United has also been issued with several suspended sanctions. These include further fines, significant point deductions in the NPL NSW competition (up to 40 points deducted per sanction) and a suspended participation ban from the Australia Cup in 2023, 2024 and 2025. These suspended sanctions will be triggered if Sydney United 58 FC fails to comply with specific requirements over the next three years. These include:

(a)
 ongoing volunteer work with the First Nations and Jewish communities

(b)
 compulsory education and training to counter racism, discrimination, anti-Semitic and other faith-based hatred for the Sydney United 58 FC’s Board, Executive administrators, players, support staff, volunteers, and fan group leaders

(c)
 compulsory Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural competency training for the Sydney United 58 FC’s Board, Executive administrators, players, support staff, volunteers, and fan group leaders

(d)
 implementation of cultural initiatives within Sydney United 58 FC

(e) 
prescribed standards of behaviour for Sydney United 58 FC supporters in accordance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics.

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 4 Nov 2022 5:51 PM
https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news/sydney-united-58-fc-sanctioned-australia-cup-final-fan-behaviour

Check the compliance requirements. Hahaha. Geez.

In addition to the above immediate sanction, Sydney United has also been issued with several suspended sanctions. These include further fines, significant point deductions in the NPL NSW competition (up to 40 points deducted per sanction) and a suspended participation ban from the Australia Cup in 2023, 2024 and 2025. These suspended sanctions will be triggered if Sydney United 58 FC fails to comply with specific requirements over the next three years. These include:

(a)
 ongoing volunteer work with the First Nations and Jewish communities

(b)
 compulsory education and training to counter racism, discrimination, anti-Semitic and other faith-based hatred for the Sydney United 58 FC’s Board, Executive administrators, players, support staff, volunteers, and fan group leaders

(c)
 compulsory Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural competency training for the Sydney United 58 FC’s Board, Executive administrators, players, support staff, volunteers, and fan group leaders

(d)
 implementation of cultural initiatives within Sydney United 58 FC

(e) 
prescribed standards of behaviour for Sydney United 58 FC supporters in accordance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics.

lolololol

Is Mel Gibson a Sydney United fan?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend

Imagine sending your Cevapi cooker from the canteen or the kit washer off to cultural competency training!

Fucking idiots.

Member since 2008.

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
what the FA fail to mention is the "educational" training is only 1 a year for 3 years. 

i guess our club president can go to the Jewish classes, he is a tight arse.

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 7 Nov 2022 8:19 AM
what the FA fail to mention is the "educational" training is only 1 a year for 3 years. 

i guess our club president can go to the Jewish classes, he is a tight arse.

SO EDGY BRO!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search