full replays of old socceroos matches

full replays of old socceroos matches

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 7 Jul 2022 9:57 AM

oh amazing! Curious to see more of pim's era considering how I remember it
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

now have everything from our wcq against argentina till today except for Pim's qualification games (which would be interesting to rewatch) and our confederation cup run
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

This is looking like the greatest thread ever 

I have been looking for that colombian game for years, I remember watching that on a tiny tv 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Is the NZ WC warm up game there? One where i think holman scored 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

tsf - 7 Jul 2022 1:20 PM
Is the NZ WC warm up game there? One where i think holman scored 

Cant find it but would love to add it!
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:53 PM
yikes how did that goal from aloisi vs croatia not count?

If it was full time rather than a foul I'm starting to wonder if that ref was corrupt. Completely bizarre. Would be nice to have 6 points in a world cup as a bench mark too

Funny thing is Kewell was offside for our goal too wasn't he?
Just an insane game all round

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Davide82 - 7 Jul 2022 1:29 PM
grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:53 PM

Funny thing is Kewell was offside for our goal too wasn't he?
Just an insane game all round

Would have made better drama if that goal was disallowed and the second wasnt allowing us to go through with the final kick of the game
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 8:30 PM
johnszasz - 6 Jul 2022 8:08 PM

yeah indeed

weirdest game ever

I'm watching the italy game now. We played super well here, but italy were incredible, see why they won the world cup. Wonder what happens if Kewell and emerton is available

I actually think that most of the goals and results were a result of Guus' wild tactics at the back end and the only game where the GG were better than the 2018 class was in the game against italy. Given the gg played at a much higher level, yet only really performed once they had a string of games in a row, we get a measure for just how valuable moving to asia has been. If we ever get a team as good as the gg and get battle hardened in asia, we could give the tournament a shake

Hiddink was playing for extra time banking on Italy getting tired after the red card.
It was a gamble that cost us in the end. I truly think if we had pushed in the last 20 things may have been different.

Such a shame our two best chances (from memory) fell to chippers as well.

Losing kewell and emerton was massive and such a massive shame (emerton was an idiot for the handball) but the red card was a big chunk of luck given Materazzi tackled his own player aha

Italy were the most dangerous even in 10 men and they rode the momentum of this crazy game to the final.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

grazorblade - 7 Jul 2022 1:33 PM
Davide82 - 7 Jul 2022 1:29 PM

Would have made better drama if that goal was disallowed and the second wasnt allowing us to go through with the final kick of the game

aha yeah not sure my heart would have survived
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Davide82 - 7 Jul 2022 1:37 PM
grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 8:30 PM

Hiddink was playing for extra time banking on Italy getting tired after the red card.
It was a gamble that cost us in the end. I truly think if we had pushed in the last 20 things may have been different.

Such a shame our two best chances (from memory) fell to chippers as well.

Losing kewell and emerton was massive and such a massive shame (emerton was an idiot for the handball) but the red card was a big chunk of luck given Materazzi tackled his own player aha

Italy were the most dangerous even in 10 men and they rode the momentum of this crazy game to the final.

Never forgive Hiddink for only making one sub in that Italy game. Idiotic. All the subs were match fit. What was he worried about? Them gassing out in the 30 minutes of extra time he thought we were going to get?

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:31 PM
added the world cup games from manrubz

still got a bunch of games to add from melbourne soccer

You right? Doing you a bunch of favours here and you're dragging up ancient history?

Nice.

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
tsf
tsf
Legend

Wrong colombia game I was thinking of the one in colombia in about 2002...colosimo was playing from memory.

But watching that old  one - how is the state of Markovski upfront lol - the good old days hey

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 7 Jul 2022 4:08 PM
grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:31 PM

You right? Doing you a bunch of favours here and you're dragging up ancient history?

Nice.

Not sure what you mean? Certainty greatful for the uploads i probably said something wrong without meaning it

by melbourne soccer i meant a youtube account

or was the offending comment the nickname manrubz? I thought that was your nickname but if its an offensive shorthand ill drop jt
tsf
tsf
Legend

I wonder if the Japs still cry about this like people do Grosso

Red and clearest pen you can get

Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

It's stuff like this that makes you realise that it's no use crying about the Italy penalty at all really.

Sure it may have been a tad harsh, but it was still a reckless challenge by Neill. We have also had our fair share of calls going our way. 

End of the day, we were up by a man for over 40 minutes, and we could not make use of that. Italy deserved to go through. 

Plus Hiddink fucked up by saving our substitutes for extra time instead of going for it in the 90 minutes.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Socceroofan4life - 7 Jul 2022 7:00 PM
It's stuff like this that makes you realise that it's no use crying about the Italy penalty at all really.

Sure it may have been a tad harsh, but it was still a reckless challenge by Neill. We have also had our fair share of calls going our way. 

End of the day, we were up by a man for over 40 minutes, and we could not make use of that. Italy deserved to go through. 

Plus Hiddink fucked up by saving our substitutes for extra time instead of going for it in the 90 minutes.

Yeah it was bad luck to be fair. If the pen happens ten minutes earlier he can adjust. Or if oz hold on for one more minute we have a big advantage having 2 free subs and a one man advantage

penalties in football are as random as forward pass rule in nrl. No point complaining at the inconsistency just hope you are lucky on the day
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Just watched the highlights of the Denmark game.

Biggest clown moment has to go to Juric. 88th minute, beautiful cross goes into the box. Slightly behind Leckie but still a very good chance. Juric comes SPRINTING in with absolute tunnel vision. He only sees the ball going into the box and runs to try and get to it. Somehow not seeing that Leckie is already set and in position to receive it.

Fucking barrels right into Leckie who scuffs the shot due to Juric taking out his leg as he goes to strike it.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

tsf - 7 Jul 2022 6:52 PM
I wonder if the Japs still cry about this like people do Grosso

Red and clearest pen you can get

Simulation. Watch it live and slow. The Japanese player kicks the ball away and then lifts his right leg to fall forward over Cahill and I don't even think there is contact preceding his going to ground. No Japanese player claimed anything and both officials didn't even budge. Cahill's foot goes between the legs.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Socceroofan4life - 7 Jul 2022 7:00 PM

We made our mistakes but the penalty decision was a disgrace. Absolute flop. Neill basically lies down and Grosso just walks over him and trails a leg and falls. I'll admit I was surprised about Italy's red.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

This is an awesome thread, please keep this at all costs! 

I wonder if someone could do this for old a-league games as well? 
tsf
tsf
Legend

@johnszasz

I disagree on both :) 

but that’s football and us fans :) 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

tsf - 8 Jul 2022 7:43 AM
@johnszasz

I disagree on both :) 

but that’s football and us fans :) 

Thanks for not abusing me like some on here do. 

I have to laugh when the world cup 06 controversy list has things from all 4 of our games. We've never had a game without something controversial. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

tsf - 7 Jul 2022 4:11 PM

But watching that old  one - how is the state of Markovski upfront lol - the good old days hey

fucking classic
I loved Markovski
tsf
tsf
Legend

Davide82 - 8 Jul 2022 9:34 AM

fucking classic
I loved Markovski

yeah same 
tsf
tsf
Legend

johnszasz - 8 Jul 2022 7:57 AM
tsf - 8 Jul 2022 7:43 AM

Thanks for not abusing me like some on here do. 

I have to laugh when the world cup 06 controversy list has things from all 4 of our games. We've never had a game without something controversial. 

no worrries bud 

yeah indeed it follows us
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Barca4Life - 7 Jul 2022 11:44 PM
This is an awesome thread, please keep this at all costs! 

I wonder if someone could do this for old a-league games as well? 

Absolutely awesome thread, HUGE THANKS to all who contribute with links ... This is going to be attacked with gusto on the off season , plenty of matches to re-watch before the WC starts :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Wrong colombia game I was thinking of the one in colombia in about 2002...colosimo was playing from memory.

Hahahahahahahah Gold Jerry, gold....... 
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Good thread, someone should sticky it...

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

That miss by kennedy and mistake by schwarz against serbia…3-0 would have been enough to go through

wasnt to be. With two reds it was a rotten world cup but we still nearly went through
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 4 Jul 2022 2:47 PM
Only things we would still lack would be pims wcqs

True.

I thought a critical game for us was playing a 0-0 draw with China away under Pim.

Our embryonic football media, not used to WCQing campaigns, responded negatively.

However, many Socceroos who have presented at Football Australia National Coaching Conferences, were desperate for Aus to be able to play programatic  football away from home. Often a draw was simply needed in the overall context of  a successful WCQ campaign. In the past the Socceroos had been on the receiving end too often in key WCQs, playing away from home. They felt like they nearly always lost the key moments of big games.

Alistair Edwards, Tony Franken and Ante Jukic would have been pleased with that Chinese pragmatic, hard-nosed performance in a WCQ campaign. The Socceroos had finally learnt how to play football with a low probability of losing.   
Edited
2 Years Ago by Decentric 2
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search