Football Australia to launch Women's Australia Cup in 2024 as part of Women's World Cup legacy

Football Australia to launch Women's Australia Cup in 2024 as part of...

Author
Veritas
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)Hardcore Fan (231 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Football Australia to launch Women's Australia Cup in 2024 as part of Women's World Cup legacy
PGR
PGR
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Thought it would have been tactically better had they launched it during International Womens Day recently.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

This is a fantastic move, especially in a WWC year... Another tick for the new FA...... 
Glenardo
Glenardo
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Mar 2023 10:18 AM

This is a fantastic move, especially in a WWC year... Another tick for the new FA...... 

Yea great initiative. I still think despite my excitement for the second div, the Australia cup is the best comp we have in Australian football. The closest thing we have to a purist football competition. Every club invited regardless of the league the play in, straight knock out. Anyone can beat anyone.  I still think they can do a better job of advertising  it and making it  the centrepiece of the domestic  calendar. Hopefully things like now having a mens and womens category, and the increased competitiveness that will come
with having a NST will go some way to further lifting its profile to where it should be. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Glenardo - 14 Mar 2023 1:58 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Mar 2023 10:18 AM

Yea great initiative. I still think despite my excitement for the second div, the Australia cup is the best comp we have in Australian football. The closest thing we have to a purist football competition. Every club invited regardless of the league the play in, straight knock out. Anyone can beat anyone.  I still think they can do a better job of advertising  it and making it  the centrepiece of the domestic  calendar. Hopefully things like now having a mens and womens category, and the increased competitiveness that will come
with having a NST will go some way to further lifting its profile to where it should be. 

Despite the Grand Final in Sydney debacle for the Aleague I think now is the time for the CUP (both Male and Female) to be  given a "home" our "Wembley" so to speak... Not even fussed if its in Sydney but something to drive the media narrative of clubs "on the way to Homebush" or whatever.... 

PLUS, driving home to the AFLW and whatever the womens rugby is called that there are 300-400+ female football clubs entering into this competition is a very powerful narrative. Just hope they figure out illegibility of NPL players vs their summer loan Aleague clubs... 
Edited
Last Year by Monoethnic Social Club
Glenardo
Glenardo
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Mar 2023 2:13 PM

Despite the Grand Final in Sydney debacle for the Aleague I think now is the time for the CUP (both Male and Female) to be  given a "home" our "Wembley" so to speak... Not even fussed if its in Sydney but something to drive the media narrative of clubs "on the way to Homebush" or whatever.... 

PLUS, driving home to the AFLW and whatever the womens rugby is called that there are 300-400+ female football clubs entering into this competition is a very powerful narrative. Just hope they figure out illegibility of NPL players vs their summer loan Aleague clubs... 

Yea I think it certainly makes more sense in the context of a cup competition, could potentially look at playing the men and womens final on the same day at the same venue 
Flytox
Flytox
Hacker
Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)Hacker (427 reputation)

Play it at the national capital.  The current stadium's capacity is 25,000 and the proposed fully roofed venue at Civic is to be 30,000 if it gets the nod from the Federal Government.
Changg Linn
Changg Linn
Under 7s
Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)

This is a commendable That's Not My Neighbor move and promises to attract the attention and participation of many fans, promoting the Australian women's football movement to grow even stronger.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Flytox - 14 Mar 2023 3:52 PM

Play it at the national capital.  The current stadium's capacity is 25,000 and the proposed fully roofed venue at Civic is to be 30,000 if it gets the nod from the Federal Government.

Andrew Barr would rather us play in actual Lake Burley Griffin before that goes ahead
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Still waiting on this btw JJ...... whats the hold up?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search