NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
HappyGuus - 10 Sep 2024 10:03 PM
SoccerLogic - 10 Sep 2024 8:02 PM

They should've done this THIS season, entering this phase right now! Absolutely dragging the feet here. Playing this comp right now as a trial of real world costs and logistics I could've lived with. But waiting yet another 12 months just for this? It's a kick in the nuts.

There is room for a champions league or league cup type of comp like this, but IN ADDITION TO an NST, not a replacement, temporary or other.

Agreed... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

numklpkgulftumch - 11 Sep 2024 9:49 AM
bohemia - 11 Sep 2024 12:13 AM

IF

This has become the Lakeside Rumour thread, and the strike rate is pretty poor, so lets not get ahead of ourselves

However IF this is true

Yep, I'll be gone as well

Ive heard similar as well just NOT at Lakeside :) 
Rumours are flying thick and fast but I don't think this one has any "legs" ... 8 foundation clubs MUST know their members will bail if this dogshit gets the nod... 
Butler99
Butler99
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Sep 2024 10:17 AM

Rumours are flying thick and fast but I don't think this one has any "legs" ... 8 foundation clubs MUST know their members will bail if this dogshit gets the nod... 

What's the latest official word?? 
Anything from JJ yet? 

Surely no NST starting next year. 
Gotta be way to late ?

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Butler99 - 11 Sep 2024 12:11 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Sep 2024 10:17 AM

What's the latest official word?? 
Anything from JJ yet? 

Surely no NST starting next year. 
Gotta be way to late ?

"official word" hahahahahahahahh Oh you were being serious :P
Butler99
Butler99
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Sep 2024 3:47 PM
Butler99 - 11 Sep 2024 12:11 PM

"official word" hahahahahahahahh Oh you were being serious :P

Semi serious with a dash of hope. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Butler99 - 11 Sep 2024 3:53 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Sep 2024 3:47 PM

Semi serious with a dash of hope. 

Hope dies last brother....... 

Im guessing the bignobs at FA are praying to the football gods that South fails tonight and Oakleigh beats Macarthur so that they can then come out and say:
"None of the NSD clubs have shown they have what it takes, look at these two NPL clubs from Victoria (Oakleigh and Hume) that are thriving under the NPL system .... no NSD is warranted ..... end of transmission". hahahahahaahah
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)

Not to drag everyone along with me in painful hope... but NPL Victoria released this season's fixture in late November last year, and NPL NSW released theirs in mid-December.

And you don't need to wait until the NST gets the green light or not to plan a fixture. You prepare an NPL fixture as normal with the NST clubs staying put, and you prepare another with the NST clubs missing. Then you might have another club added to NST, that's a final tweak. But plan ahead and they should be fine and minimise any surprises.

So, there's still time... although it would annoy the pants off the clubs and supporters waiting 'til the bitter end. And the transfer window isn't until mid January, so they aren't missing out on anything there.

Now I'm going to listen to an awesome 90s track, Hope by Crystal Method! Any FIFA98 fans here?

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

HappyGuus - 11 Sep 2024 10:43 PM
Not to drag everyone along with me in painful hope... but NPL Victoria released this season's fixture in late November last year, and NPL NSW released theirs in mid-December.

And you don't need to wait until the NST gets the green light or not to plan a fixture. You prepare an NPL fixture as normal with the NST clubs staying put, and you prepare another with the NST clubs missing. Then you might have another club added to NST, that's a final tweak. But plan ahead and they should be fine and minimise any surprises.

So, there's still time... although it would annoy the pants off the clubs and supporters waiting 'til the bitter end. And the transfer window isn't until mid January, so they aren't missing out on anything there.

Now I'm going to listen to an awesome 90s track, Hope by Crystal Method! Any FIFA98 fans here?

Have been meaning to boot that up again recently.. was midway through recording my "Australian tournament history replayed using FIFA video games" series
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)Hardcore Fan (233 reputation)

NicCarBel - 11 Sep 2024 11:35 PM
HappyGuus - 11 Sep 2024 10:43 PM

Have been meaning to boot that up again recently.. was midway through recording my "Australian tournament history replayed using FIFA video games" series

Haha! Socceroos made it to France98 in my world. The PC game runs funny on my machine though, sound crackles.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

To have an NST or not to have an NST, that is the question. Well, I'm off now.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

HappyGuus - 12 Sep 2024 1:23 AM
NicCarBel - 11 Sep 2024 11:35 PM

Haha! Socceroos made it to France98 in my world. The PC game runs funny on my machine though, sound crackles.

Yep, have qualified in my run through too.

Last I checked where I was up to, just defeated Yugoslavia in the Round of 16 (running on a high-ish difficulty with 20 minute halves so it's uniform time for matches once I run to the more modern games).

Did a 1997 Confeds Cup too (from memory, also lost to Brazil in the final).
Haralambos
Haralambos
Weekender
Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)

The lack of communication from Football Australia is poor form and disrespectful to all those involved. Surely they need to show their cards, the longer these shenanigans continue the more incompetent they look. 
Volkz
Volkz
Hacker
Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)

Temelkovski and Sawyer left, does that provide any indiciate to what is happening? Surely, both would be getting paycuts at both Wanderers and Macarthur.
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)

Volkz - 15 Sep 2024 4:26 PM
Temelkovski and Sawyer left, does that provide any indiciate to what is happening? Surely, both would be getting paycuts at both Wanderers and Macarthur.

I think you're right... not looking good
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Volkz - 15 Sep 2024 4:26 PM

Not sure this is related.... Sawyer was always looking for a pro contract and already rumours about some of the NST clubs looking to sign players for next year... Gian Albano to Preston for example. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

3XY reporting another Sydney meeting today between clubs and FA... I believe they are discussing the menu for next week's round of meetings. 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 16 Sep 2024 9:24 AM
3XY reporting another Sydney meeting today between clubs and FA... I believe they are discussing the menu for next week's round of meetings. 

Doubt they could even agree on that. Might need a few follow-up meetings to finalise the snacks. Then at least another two meetings for beverages. 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Gotta get in early with those reservations and load up the Cabcharge for the ride home! 🥂

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 16 Sep 2024 10:23 AM

Gotta get in early with those reservations and load up the Cabcharge for the ride home! 🥂

The VIC clubs should have just bit the bullet and taken the whole squad up to Sydney for every one of these meetings... we could have had 3/4 of the season played already....... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

someguyjc - 16 Sep 2024 10:20 AM

Doubt they could even agree on that. Might need a few follow-up meetings to finalise the snacks. Then at least another two meetings for beverages. 

no mate, just "discussing" the menu, it will take at least 2 more weeks to settle on the uber eats order :P
Haralambos
Haralambos
Weekender
Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)Weekender (29 reputation)

Harrison Sawyer is not allowed to play for South in the remaining Aus cup game(s) as the transfer window closed.
South is not compensated financially with Harrison's moving to an A-league club nor allowed to backfill.
South and the remaining NSD clubs are in limbo about 2025 while the each affected state NPL divisions dont know how long each table is going to be...
Mean-while back in FA HQ, staff are decorating the offices with new shining trophies from illustrious awards....
They are taking the piss out of us...
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

To think that transfer fees were being mocked by many. That was and is shameful. South should receive something for this transfer 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Haralambos - 16 Sep 2024 9:38 PM
Harrison Sawyer is not allowed to play for South in the remaining Aus cup game(s) as the transfer window closed.
South is not compensated financially with Harrison's moving to an A-league club nor allowed to backfill.
South and the remaining NSD clubs are in limbo about 2025 while the each affected state NPL divisions dont know how long each table is going to be...
Mean-while back in FA HQ, staff are decorating the offices with new shining trophies from illustrious awards....
They are taking the piss out of us...

If he was only signed for one season then thats on us mate.... 
Haralambos
Haralambos
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 17 Sep 2024 10:07 AM
Haralambos - 16 Sep 2024 9:38 PM

If he was only signed for one season then thats on us mate.... 

I do not know the details of his SMFC contract however I would suspect no NPL club would put any roadblocks for any player that has an offer from a higher division/overseas club irrespective of the length of the contract.
The concern is that we don't get any compensation as an NPL club, we are free holding area. The same can be said for divisions below.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Haralambos - 17 Sep 2024 10:31 AM

I do not know the details of his SMFC contract however I would suspect no NPL club would put any roadblocks for any player that has an offer from a higher division/overseas club irrespective of the length of the contract.
The concern is that we don't get any compensation as an NPL club, we are free holding area. The same can be said for divisions below.

I yeah, I agree with you.... 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. But recently I read or heard that there ARE transfer fees between the federations and A-Leagues (if their contract isn't ending and it's 50% of what's remaining). But there isn't any transfer fees between A-League clubs. Can't remember where I got it from...

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

HappyGuus - 17 Sep 2024 11:41 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. But recently I read or heard that there ARE transfer fees between the federations and A-Leagues (if their contract isn't ending and it's 50% of what's remaining). But there isn't any transfer fees between A-League clubs. Can't remember where I got it from...

This will be in two stages. First, the end of the 'Caceres rule' whereby, an overseas club can contract a player then loan him out to another A League team, like Paulsen to Auckland fc.
Then, stage two will be the introduction of transfer fees between A League clubs, for direct player transfers from one club to another.
Also, it came to my attention that this could well eradicate the 'Gallop salary cap' but, I will not buy that just yet.
Edited
Yesterday @ 1:28 PM by soccerfoo
Butler99
Butler99
Semi-Pro

Yes. 
That's right. 
There can be transfer fees between aleague and npl clubs. Or between npl clubs. 
Sawyer most likely had a clause in his contract that allowed him to move to a pro club if there was a pro contract on offer. 
Which was this case now. 

Then he was probably on a one year deal. 
Which meant he could've moved to another npl club without any transfer fee or compensation.  

This has nothing to do with the DTS, or lack thereof. 

My complaint would be towards FA for having the registration window closing midway through the Cup comp. 
Could've easily had the window close mid October. Or anytime after cup final. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Butler99 - 17 Sep 2024 3:59 PM

Yes. 
That's right. 
There can be transfer fees between aleague and npl clubs. Or between npl clubs. 
Sawyer most likely had a clause in his contract that allowed him to move to a pro club if there was a pro contract on offer. 
Which was this case now. 

Then he was probably on a one year deal. 
Which meant he could've moved to another npl club without any transfer fee or compensation.  

This has nothing to do with the DTS, or lack thereof. 

My complaint would be towards FA for having the registration window closing midway through the Cup comp. 

this.
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Butler99 - 17 Sep 2024 3:59 PM

Yeah, I said the same thing in the transfer thread. Absolute ballsup by FA. I'm sure they knew this would happen eventually, and wouldn't bother changing it until it becomes an issue. Maybe they still won't change it going forward, who knows? It really bugs me how crap like this gets through when FA have plenty of staff to spot these things. They really need an injection of positivity... someone say "NST"??

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search